Sponsored

What is it that you love about the Mustang?

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Since '64 1/2 when I was a 15 y/o carless car nut. Used the last year of v6, price, styling, and 21st century tech to convince my better half to finally buy one. Great all around car.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
My dad had a 1990 when I was growing up and a 2002 after. My first was a 2011 Shelby GT500 bought on a whim. LOVED it!! So fast!! But a terrible daily driver and simply the wrong part of my life to own such a beast. Last year bought my now favorite car so far. 90 less hp than the Shelby had but faster. Handles great! Sounds amazing!! Best daily driver I've ever owned. Absolutely love my car!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
For me, it's the glorious engine and arresting design.

The way this generation Mustang looks is, in my opinion, one of the best designed cars of all time.

e4.jpg

kk.jpg

The Coyote as it clears 4,000 just revs so cleanly to the redline. And I LOVE the induction note.

IMG-E1265.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What do I love about the Mustang? Lots of things!

For one, nearly 57 years of continuous history. A car that defined a market segment and it's been true to that design (sporty/long hood/short deck/2+2) all along (with just a recent blip!)

I love the motorsport pedigree.

I love the styling and the fact its a relative practical car, despite being a coupe.

I love the community. I've made friends for life just because we share a love of the same car.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When I walked to my parked car yesterday I noticed someone else that parked near me turning and checking it out, even did a 1/4 walk around. Then I got in and started it before they got in the store and turned around again.

tomdwa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
white mustang ecoboost hpp
When I walked to my parked car yesterday I noticed someone else that parked near me turning and checking it out, even did a 1/4 walk around. Then I got in and started it before they got in the store and turned around again.
Tends to happen once in a while, yeah 🙂!

mustanghammer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
First I was born in May 64....so I am about as old as the car. Then my "first" car was a blue 64 Mustang pedal car.

When it came time to get my first real car, I wanted a MOPAR muscle car. In particular a Dodge Charger. Then I drove several of them and it was kind of a "don't meet your hero" moment for me. They are HUGE and drive like crap.

Then one day I was sitting in a 68 Mustang in shop class and it hit me. Its small. It has a V8. DUH!

My 2017 Mustang is 6th Mustang and I also have a 63K miles 85 GT in the garage. Along the way I have owned a 71 hard top, 3 1985 Mustangs (2 GTs and 1 SVO) and a 2012 Pony Package V6. Over my driving lifetime there have only been 2 periods of time that I didn't have a Mustang street or race car. I recently told my wife that from now on we will always have at least one Mustang and I plan on a Mustang being the last car I ever drive.

To me a Mustang means freedom and adventure.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I had a similar experience when I drove the car home for the first time. I made a right out of the lot, got to the u -turn and the next light was just a few feet up. Some guy in a dressed up Accord wanted to race. I let him go. He waited and slowed down for me to get alongside again. We had a long conversation about how nice my Gt PP2 was and all.

Another time, I was on the way to Levittown Ford and a gorgeous '65 Mustang pulls up next to me. It was a fully restored beauty. He is giving me the thumbs up and I waved back that No, his was the thumbs up! Quick little chat while going down Hempstead Trnpk.

I think more people also allow a Mustang to merge in and act better around them than some of the other cars. At least that is what I have found.

I find just about every year Mustang has fans.

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
For me its the sound.engine, the aggressive looks, the tri-bar theme and history
I would have considered the camaro only if it was $10k cheaper, however due to needing to convert RHD which bumps the price to another level, it was never on my consideration list

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....Some guy in a dressed up Accord wanted to race......
And you knew this how? Did he specifically ask to race? Did he use the word "race"?

shinoda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost HPP
I have owned:

1969 Mach 1 351 4V(in 1985)
1970 coupe 302 (in 1985)
1988 LX 5.0 (1988-1991)
1983 GT 5.0 (1991)
1992 LX 5.0 (1992-1994)

Then a 28 year wait while I established a career, got married, bought a house, had children, and looked out for my aging parents.

Then in August 2020, I bought my 2020 HPP...

And every morning when I press that start button I finally feel like myself again 😎

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
I'll bet this one no one will mention

One of the things I love about my mustang is when you look in the side mirrors you see the square L shaped side of your car

I love it

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
My story began in 2005 - I was 15 years old. In that year and Need for Speed Most Wanted (best NFS game in whole series) had just been released and around the same time Ford announced a concept Mustang with RTR due to the 40th anniversary.
It was yellow with roll cage and carbon fiber hood... I fell in love big time! I drove the Mustang in the game all the time and the child hood dream had been created - I wished for a Mustang some day!

Years passed and due to heavy taxes in Denmark it requires a stuffed wallet to make such purchase.

Then the late summer in 2013 came and the worst thing happened in my life.
I lost both my parents within a month to cancer - my dad made to 59 og my mom to 52.
I hated life and the thought of... Making myself cold - lets just say that - only was keept in a distance due to not leave my sister and brother behind.

I got a payout from my parent's retirement fond and insurance - suddenly the childhood dream was getting closer.

I decided to go with 2. priority since I didn't have a garage. I didn't want to hsve a beautiful car and no roof over it. I bought a Humvee in California and got it to Denmark and had lots and lots of fun with it!

In 2019 my wife and I found the house of our dreams - and it had a insulated floor heated garage - it was time for living the childhood dream!

In December 2019 I placed an order for a 2020 GT Premium and due to Covid19 it was delayed so I took delivery September 11th 2020 of my child hood dream car. Yes I shed a tear or two when I fired it up the first time!

I think the 6th generation is the most beautiful of all Mustangs - it has nice bulgy curves and agressive awesome lines!

The legacy of the Mustang is also an interesting story... But it had nothing to do with my choise - it was my own legacy that lead me to spend $116,000 (yes that was the payout) on this beautiful beast!

I loved the car before I had it... I love it even more for the story it gave me.
It makes me feel like a child again - it makes me feel my parents are living on through my dreams.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
It's cheap to maintain, requires no special attention and causes no anxiety. If you have spent much time owning used, expensive German imports, you would understand.
Sponsored