Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
It asks u each time because it wants you to walk away with cofidence and that everything will be alright...Do not worry....
you can turn off the car asking on exit

a side note i don't see how the center console locks
Sponsored

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
I have the Enhanced Security Package.

When I shut down the car the dash display always says:

Security
All sensors
Perimeter sensors

Both are selectable options. It has "All Sensors" selected at the moment. Is there a reason is asks each time? Is this only me?

Is it in case you want the windows down and will be in and out of the car without opening the door or something, or if you want to leave someone in the car with the doors locked?
Exactly. For situations where you have pulled into a rest stop for a break and you want the car alarmed, but you don't want the alarm to go off every time you shift
as you change a radio station, or snooze. Etc.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I also,have the package and the motion sensors are way too sensetive. If I leave the windows open and arm the car, the alarm will go off because of the wind blowing threw the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
Comes with Rottweilers

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
its awesome

Everyone gets a key lockable glovebox. With this, when you lock/arm the car, the armrest storage electronically locks too (rest your arm on it and you can feel a slider or deadbolt of some kind).

The steering wheel has an electronic deadbolt lock that is LOUD AS F. Makes me jump every time it slides into place. It sounds so serious haha, like a big ass rifle.
(ex. door opening, window fragment, interior motion) will sound the alarm.
Is this the sound you're referring to? It seems to lock like 30 seconds after I lock the car and it sets my damn alarm off.

Also, window breakage does not set off the factory alarm, unless it detects motion inside the cabin.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
you can hear the additional interior locks activating from the outside after you lock the car. I have not messed around inside the car to see how the locks actually work, as I don't want to set off the motion sensors. It has a setting for perimeter sensors only or all sensors in the setup menu. the 'ask on exit' can also be disabled.
wheel locks are in a bag in the trunk. lazy dealer.

DogNPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Royal Crimson, 2019 Bolt EV LT
My 18 GT Premium has the enhanced security package, according to the window sticker. I never noticed or paid attention to the extra locks for the steering column or the center armrest. I do know that if you try to jack up the car to swap out a wheel when the car is locked, the alarm will sound!

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Does the steering wheel deadbolt still activate if I select perimeter only instead of all alarms when exiting and locking the car?

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Anyone have experience with this package riding the autotrain? I was thinking of taking the autotrain south, but their instructions said to turn off any alarms to avoid running down the battery. I didn't see an option to turn the whole system off, just the all/perimeter. So I chickened out and didn't take the train.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have experience with this package riding the autotrain? I was thinking of taking the autotrain south, but their instructions said to turn off any alarms to avoid running down the battery. I didn't see an option to turn the whole system off, just the all/perimeter. So I chickened out and didn't take the train.
Perimeter is the way to go for long trips. It does not run battery down like all alarms. And won't go off from motion. I have had my car parked in airport garages for three weeks and battery was fine. I even got a message in fordpass saying my car went into deep sleep after two weeks. But no issues once starting it back up.

moosestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Vert
Perimeter is the way to go for long trips. It does not run battery down like all alarms. And won't go off from motion. I have had my car parked in airport garages for three weeks and battery was fine. I even got a message in fordpass saying my car went into deep sleep after two weeks. But no issues once starting it back up.
Thanks for the info. I think your key point is that in perimeter mode, motion won't set if off. I was afraid the motion of the train would shake the car and set off the alarm, running down the battery as a result.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
I have the ESP and left my son in the car (14 years old) while I went to grab a six-pack from the Harris Teeter. I locked the doors not thinking anything about it. While in line to pay, I get a text message from my son saying the car is going nuts. Him being in the car while the doors are locked set it off.

It also works very good when the doors are locked and the windows are down. As soon as you cross the window threshold, the alarm goes off with no warning. And you can hear the deadbolts for the arm rest console and steering wheel activate from outside the car with the windows up.

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I have it and it is great. I really wanted one of these but the esp will probably be fine.

Sponsored