Sponsored

What does dealer actually do at first free service?

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
I'm curious what do they actually do on first 2000 mile or 3000 km free service? I dont think they change the oil (which I might pay for as there must be something in it from running in new engine or do they just take it out for a burn?
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
They are trying to hook you into doing your servicing at their ripoff service department. You would do well to service your own car or go to the local fast lube or known garages in your area and develop those relationships. My experiences with dealers for ordinary service have been nightmares. Avoid the dealer like the plague. Only go there for warranty work.

There I said it...

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Think that’s bad? Own a Harley and see the outrageous prices they charge. I’m lucky I am able to perform my own maintenance on my GT and on my Road Glide. They don’t call them stealerships for nothing.

OP
OP
car

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
That's been my experience....I will just get the 3Km free one then its down to Pro-Auto - 275.00AUS or about 200US.

Ratfink53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium
My dealer gave me a free oil change. They also sent me a live video of the tech doing the multi point inspection. It looks like it saved me 68.00 bucks.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Joy ride in your nice new hot Rod!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
That's been my experience....I will just get the 3Km free one then its down to Pro-Auto - 275.00AUS or about 200US.
Lol!!! Wut??

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
I buy a 3-pack of Full Synthetic oil changes from my dealer for $130...for all 3. They gave me a free 3-pack when I purchased and when they ran out I re-upped. I cannot go to a "quickie lube" and get a full synthetic change for $40....and with my car under warranty if I have any issues I have them looked at then. Now I have been going to this dealer for 20yrs, know my service writer well and trust them to do the right thing - YMMV.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I buy a 3-pack of Full Synthetic oil changes from my dealer for $130...for all 3. They gave me a free 3-pack when I purchased and when they ran out I re-upped. I cannot go to a "quickie lube" and get a full synthetic change for $40....and with my car under warranty if I have any issues I have them looked at then. Now I have been going to this dealer for 20yrs, know my service writer well and trust them to do the right thing - YMMV.
I highly doubt you're getting 8 quarts of synthetic oil, a new filter and labor, for $43.33

But if you are, I want some of that action.

Last edited:

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Add too much or not enough oil, joy ride your car, scratch your paint and boot scuff your door panels are just a few of the things your dealership is offering with it's free service!

All the above services are free at your local dealership you don't even have to ask to have them done!

Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

...you forgot "install the wrong viscosity oil".