What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If you regularly park in a garage don't forget the dangly tennis ball!

Park the car in the garage (with help if it is tight) and then fit a tennis ball on a piece of string from the roof that just touches the windscreen. Then every time you drive in you know exactly when to stop (when the ball hits the screen)
Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Small matter of the third party insurer not accepting liability so I had to pay my excess to get the car back so that's another fight kicked off. I'm stationary at a stop light, they run into the back of me, seems clear cut but yet his lot are arguing the point.
That does sound very straight forward. If you have legal cover included in your insurance policy, refer it to the legal team. If not, hire a solicitor to fight the dispute, ensuring their insurer pays the fees, your excess, time off work, etc. Very frustrating to read an insurer disputing such a clear cut case. Honestly, how do you drive into the back of another vehicle and some how it's the fault of the vehicle in front? It's absurd to even suggest you're at fault. If you had to perform an emergency stop, then still, the car behind hadn't left sufficient space to your car, as is suggested at length, in the HWC. It's undoubtedly the responsibility of the driver of the car behind to come to a stop when necessary, safely and without injury or damage to people and property.
Good luck, it should work out for you, eventually.

The garage that damaged my car admitted liability, so I'm past discussing liability with their insurer and it's just work to arrange and fund the repair. I've handled it myself, so far.
My insurer hasn't been involved.

Bought a house! - Congratulations, on the impending home ownership. I hope it turns out as you hope for.

Negotiating with the missus. - Nope!

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Revising the property as you describe is a sound financial decision. It should increase the value of the property and so is ultimately a zero sum cost and longer term, a net financial gain (caveats apply, you must do it properly)

I'll attempt a quick diagram and share it.

First time buyer, so I'm very excited. Mortgage process going smoothly so far.
Try this:
Garden.JPG

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Pulled them out of the garage for a quick run, they’ve not been out for over 2 months :blush:

6CBE738E-DB88-4AE1-BF82-5DBB49C48E35.jpeg
92CB32A0-66B8-4A20-B350-237C449B4D80.jpeg

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Washed it. Unusual for me to go so long without (last wash was September).

couldn’t help but stop and take a few photos

2FCE3371-5CAB-4217-9C32-C0DD2B9F9221.jpeg
3AFEA8DB-6707-4992-BB34-D0D1D3F079FB.jpeg
7894E8D3-4FAA-45EB-8A06-3E07382F4704.jpeg
5EFE2123-3322-4868-9FA9-D9A66B1C8E9F.jpeg
D1129F05-1ABD-486B-8187-3D28A3D6BC06.jpeg
1E90FB66-5409-4746-BA27-380F6160E53B.jpeg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Try this:
garden-jpg.jpg
That was actually my first thought, but that is an awful lot of space to take. I'll save my energy and not even attempt that one lol

Missus seems happy with a corner garage opposite the gate, which I wasn't keen on at first - but assuming enough room to swing past the garage, it could work out quite well. In theory a sliding gate set up would be perfect with a nice dividing fence separating a great sized garden.

garden2.JPG

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was actually my first thought, but that is an awful lot of space to take. I'll save my energy and not even attempt that one lol

Missus seems happy with a corner garage opposite the gate, which I wasn't keen on at first - but assuming enough room to swing past the garage, it could work out quite well. In theory a sliding gate set up would be perfect with a nice dividing fence separating a great sized garden.

garden2.JPG
Sliding gates can be a great space saver :sunglasses:

WD :like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
That does sound very straight forward. If you have legal cover included in your insurance policy, refer it to the legal team. If not, hire a solicitor to fight the dispute, ensuring their insurer pays the fees, your excess, time off work, etc. Very frustrating to read an insurer disputing such a clear cut case. Honestly, how do you drive into the back of another vehicle and some how it's the fault of the vehicle in front? It's absurd to even suggest you're at fault. If you had to perform an emergency stop, then still, the car behind hadn't left sufficient space to your car, as is suggested at length, in the HWC. It's undoubtedly the responsibility of the driver of the car behind to come to a stop when necessary, safely and without injury or damage to people and property.
Good luck, it should work out for you, eventually.

..snip
yeah legal cover here so lawyer engaged and they have receipts etc. Insurers complain it's more expensive to do business but then they argue clear cases which involve lawyers who aint cheap. Knowing now what i've learned through this experience I'd advise anyone in an accident to call the cops and get all dashcam footage and possible mobile data retrieved. Obviously to call the cops here at least one person needs to have been injured or the road / lane blocked with debris. I also need to get the guide lines back on the reversing camera as now they are missing due to new camera having been fitted. It's a gift that keeps giving!

garden2.JPG
yeah defo make sure of the swinging space but otherwise looks a great compromise and shouldnt have any shadow issues on your side, all clear on the other sides?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
yeah defo make sure of the swinging space but otherwise looks a great compromise and shouldnt have any shadow issues on your side, all clear on the other sides?
Garden (pointing down on my image) is almost exactly east. Should provide a decent amount of shade, better than I'm used to anyway!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Garden (pointing down on my image) is almost exactly east. Should provide a decent amount of shade, better than I'm used to anyway!
and no shadow into your neighbours either which depending on local planning rules might have been a problem. Obv off road parking is a decent thing to have and behind a fence / gate is wonderful as well. Looking forward to see this develop :like:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Missus seems happy with a corner garage opposite the gate, which I wasn't keen on at first.
Consider, that for each path you take in life, most likey, someone else has already walked it.
Therefore:
" He who does not observe history, is doomed to repeat it ".

There are a few layout issues with the latest plan you've posted, but I'm sure you'll sort it.

Red pill - Blue pill.JPG

Good luck.

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
yeah legal cover here so lawyer engaged and they have receipts etc. Insurers complain it's more expensive to do business but then they argue clear cases which involve lawyers who aint cheap. Knowing now what i've learned through this experience I'd advise anyone in an accident to call the cops and get all dashcam footage and possible mobile data retrieved. Obviously to call the cops here at least one person needs to have been injured or the road / lane blocked with debris. I also need to get the guide lines back on the reversing camera as now they are missing due to new camera having been fitted. It's a gift that keeps giving!
Good advice.

I had to learn (The hard way) that Dashcams are not just for the geeks and while I object to the aesthetics, in my experience DCs are now an essential for driving in the U.K.
Sadly.

Good luck with tidying up the final issues with the car.
Summer will soon be here and you'll be enjoying your car on a weekend blast.
:like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There are a few layout issues with the latest plan you've posted, but I'm sure you'll sort it.
Yep, lots to work out. These are just rough ideas based on approx measurements from google earth. Might be very different in reality, but there's scope there for a real nice set up i'm sure.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
As it was a nice day I thought it would be rude not to make some noise, lots of lovely reactions from people, you forget about people wanting to hear it Rev and take pics when you’re used to a van lol
100 ish miles done, got home and remembered I hadn’t refitted the front plate, oops! They look so good without them :like:
CEF5B7F2-1D8F-4FF1-B2D7-664E573EFC3F.jpeg
5E31B00E-F5ED-4A87-948B-0BC9965E3B5C.jpeg
D0E7B26D-2943-4713-9427-2F3EBBE25A12.jpeg

Last edited:

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arash
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Really considering getting gold stripes… can’t see too many images online of magnetic grey with gold stripes.
Already ordered some rear window louvers using some Amazon vouchers that HAD to be spent before missus would use it:whew:

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Really considering getting gold stripes… can’t see too many images online of magnetic grey with gold stripes.
Already ordered some rear window louvers using some Amazon vouchers that HAD to be spent before missus would use it:whew:
Not sure about gold tbh but Bronze with gunmetal is lovely :like: Stripes and wheels
I had a set of wheels for my old M4 done Lambo bronze, loved the colour
51DC54B6-6633-4175-BBFC-FC3D3BCE984E.jpeg
Sponsored