Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
got it back! Small matter of the third party insurer not accepting liability so I had to pay my excess to get the car back so thats another fight kicked off. I'm stationary at a stop light, they run into the back of me, seems clear cut but yet his lot are arguing the point.
ffs:frown:

How’s the repair though, happy?
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
@raptor17GT

That's grim, bad enough an imbecile drives into your car (To try to excuse the impact by them expecting car in front of them to run a red light, should warrant license suspension and re-test), but to have it then delivered to clown-world for repair only exacerbates the issue.

Has anyone been able to discount the phone use, theory?
Shouldn't be difficult to establish.

My car was slightly re-shaped by the garage that was supposed to be fixing it.
When it's repaired, I'll consider whether to post, for educational purposes.

I hope you get your car back, fully corrected, soon.
@Supersolo I'm sorry that the place that was supposed to be fixing your car re-shaped it. That's awful. Back in 2005, a co-worker had a tuned GT2 RS that he took to a Porsche dealer for a regular service. The dealer called him up and says there's been a problem with his car. He asks what the problem is and they reply it might be best if they email him a picture. He opens up his email to find that the driver's side front fender is ripped off the car and the wheel is almost hanging off as well. Apparently they took if for a "test" drive. Needless to say, they gave him a new GT3 RS, which he liked better than his previous car.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Bought a house!

So the major selling point for me was not a driveway, but a side access rear garden - this is a semi detached but a corner plot. In total the garden is ~26m long and 10m wide. Negotiating with the missus for a 6m x 10m paved area at the back - adjacent to which (in the long term), I'll drop a timber 4m x 6m garage/workshop for the stang.

I'll attempt a quick diagram and share it.

First time buyer, so I'm very excited. Mortgage process going smoothly so far.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very rough idea. Any tips on negotiating garden % allowed with the missus greatly appreciated.

Garden.JPG

And this sort of style garage before years down the line when we do something more bricky.

image0.jpeg

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Very rough idea. Any tips on negotiating garden % allowed with the missus greatly appreciated.

And this sort of style garage before years down the line when we do something more bricky.
Make sure you add a 2-post lift into the budget.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
must admit I'd not put the garage 90deg to the entrance at the opposite end of the driveway. Dunno, I think on first glance it would be better next to the gate so you can drive / reverse into the garden then 90deg into the garage. Obv depends on what else is there.

As for negotiation, you'll be paying for the rest of your life as the terms are changed on you lol. If you get the garage, be grateful and happy ha.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Bought a house!

So the major selling point for me was not a driveway, but a side access rear garden - this is a semi detached but a corner plot. In total the garden is ~26m long and 10m wide. Negotiating with the missus for a 6m x 10m paved area at the back - adjacent to which (in the long term), I'll drop a timber 4m x 6m garage/workshop for the stang.

my last house had a timber garage, I’d advise against it, winter and summer it contracts and expands and I was constantly chasing gaps. It also needs constant treatment.
This house I went for a metal one, 6x9m concrete base.

8EF0831E-145E-4C7D-8F49-B8D3FC153A81.jpeg
3202477E-8C4D-44E9-9766-32A0E2C8C0CD.jpeg
C33A3EAF-EFBA-4415-92F3-1FCF586E4286.jpeg

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
my last house had a timber garage, I’d advise against it, winter and summer it contracts and expands and I was constantly chasing gaps. It also needs constant treatment.
The his house I went for a metal one, 6x9m concrete base.
good to know, thanks.

the neighbour has what looks like a 6 x 4 metal garage, does look nice as well. I’ll look into those too

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a house!

Garden.JPG

image0.jpeg
First up, congratulations on the house :sunglasses:

I also managed to steal some back garden for a drive (6m x 4.3m) and at the time, got very little resistance (I just kind of did it) :giggle:

I was quite lucky in that although we don’t have a large house, we got a two (or three small) car drive and a single brick detached garage as supplied by Bellway. The extra bit of drive came off at a T in the middle of the existing drive, offset towards the garage and allowed me to put a car (M3 at the time) behind an electric gate to keep it safer than the cars on the original part of the drive.

Old photo mid build :

1677314381740.jpeg

2020 (16 years later), with some visitors :

1677314479790.jpeg

My advice on the garage would be to go as large as possible and if space wasn’t an issue, ensure it’s wide enough to open both doors fully i.e. your 4M wide unit might not quite do it, especially once a few tools / bikes / work bench / wall mounted shelves etc etc get in there. Remember I’m coming from the frustrating viewpoint of having a garage, but not one that’s really big enough to store the Mustang, never mind to work on it …

If you are going to do it, put your blinkers on (and ear plugs in lol) and do a really big single :like:

If I were in your position, I might be tempted to compromise some of your paved area in favour of a slightly bigger garage - maybe a 6m x 6m garage with a 6m x 4m covered area / carport covering the rest up to your gate, leaving all the garden to keep your misses happy ... ?

Now if someone has any tips for negotiating a glass roofed carport to fully cover the part of the drive I stole from the back garden, I’m all ears … :giggle:

WD :like:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thanks @WD Pro

sound info.

good point re opening the doors inside, hadn’t considered that. It’s going to be a balancing act, we’ve always wanted a big garden to fill with various things, so on the one hand i want to take as little garden as possible. Aesthetically i’d want a garage to not be too intrusive, hence the choice of a single

starting to feel like 4.5m wide could be a winner. Will need some tool/garden accessory storage too, so that’ll be my argument!

anyway…getting the keys is probably a couple of months off yet. Will keep y’all posted

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
defo go as big a garage as you can get away with as once it's done it is way too late to realise it's not large enough. It is nice to have off road parking for other vehicles / guests even better if you can still get your Mustang out of said garage past them.
As WD says once you put other things in the garage that 4m width is going to get awfully narrow and tbh 6m deep isn't that much for a near 5m car. Without doubt, single door as wide as possible to get in, electric operator preferred. A back / side door to garage handy as well.
Our double garage came with two single doors (freakingly narrow double single doors) and between council Building Warrant / engineers / architects and then builder / garage door fitters it wasn't cheap. Spec it out correctly, go old school and lay out canes or sticks / measuring tapes on the ground and see how much space the car takes up esp with car doors open. If you want to be able to work in the garage on the car, there's another metre or so required.

Other silly thing to look into is where will the shadow of the garage fall. That will influence some of the garden features and potentially garage site as well .

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
As said, a 6m long space doesn’t leave much space when a Mustang is in there!
3FBC6F83-AC6C-42CD-B38D-1A4CB1893AFF.jpeg

EE7F7542-E65A-4ED3-9CAD-CACF57B50D85.jpeg