Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
100 ish miles done, got home and remembered I hadn’t refitted the front plate, oops! They look so good without them :like:
They defo look better without them :wink:

1677970607810.jpeg

Spent way to much time getting this to fit how I wanted it to :

1677970710771.jpeg

WD :like:
Sponsored

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
Having passed three salt spreaders on the motorway last week decided a full car wash was necessary.

Also gave me the benefit of checking on my front wing corrosion. I will continue to monitor as not too obvious yet.Perhaps I should have left the salt covering as it’s great for masking any blemishes!

B7348EB3-D6D1-4D71-BCB7-57AFDC43759C.jpeg

53469D5C-35EA-4F8F-8347-19C388995613.jpeg

E014ADEF-5598-4DE4-99DC-13071B49A692.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
the promised snow and ice did not materialise so i went for a wee trip to the shops in the beautiful clear blue sky crisp cold air.
Went the same route / shops as the infamous hit in the butt trip.
Same cold weather, same crisp cold air, same clear blue sky, near enough the same time as before. Got held up at the same set of lights as before...
Turns out lightning doesn't always strike twice so had a wee scoot up the motorway and home :sunglasses: Would have gone a run up North enjoying my day off fully but apparently it is snowing up there so I've parked it up in the garage and now to change the garage door clicker battery. Exciting stuff.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Washed it on Saturday. Went to Derby in it yesterday (for work). Went to Leeds in it today (for work). Now I’ve got to wash it again.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Washed it on Saturday. Went to Derby in it yesterday (for work). Went to Leeds in it today (for work). Now I’ve got to wash it again.
i need to get a decent hose / spray unit just been avoiding looking into it / buying stuff as my excuse is the water is freezing when it hits the ground turning the driveway into an ice rink! Got a 'proper' bracket / gauge holder coming so i can have a half decent mount for the oil temperature unit when the ambient temperatures get about 10degC lol.

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The water on mine was starting to freeze today as I was drying it off.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
washed it, badly of course. Before that went shopping and noticed i was missing a tyre valve cap on front drivers side. Never noticed this missing before, certainly not inflated tyres since getting it back from the shop so figured they'd lost one.
Anyhow washing car, badly as per usual and noticed on the ground a bit out from the drivers front wheel on the paving minding its own business was a tyre valve cap lying there..... I dunno how that ended up there but i know where it is now :giggle:

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
I’ve done a few bits over the holidays.

Changed a few speakers (central speaker, tweeters and Sub) and did some coding to remove the EQ (made a huge difference).

2E87F2CF-674E-4489-9B4F-8EBAA75A9A4F.jpeg
6CBC60E8-224D-48DD-BD4C-5DF5BED0F2AC.jpeg

Also fitted a Maxton front splitter (was easy apart from re-fitting the undertray!)

2364FBCD-D259-4DB5-BD85-1775EBBC5A77.jpeg

Still getting tempted to needlessly fiddle, now thinking about rear valance/diffusers and whether this year is the year I go for a Whipple...

I am considering adding these tweeters to the factory system. Are they worth the premium price?

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fitted a set of black McGards wheel nuts with the factory locking nut. Didn’t like the non matching appearance of the factory locking nuts so tried the McGard locking nuts. Still didn’t like the non matching appearance so replaced them with non locking nuts. Much happier now but that was an expensive decision…

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Fitted a set of black McGards wheel nuts with the factory locking nut. Didn’t like the non matching appearance of the factory locking nuts so tried the McGard locking nuts. Still didn’t like the non matching appearance so replaced them with non locking nuts. Much happier now but that was an expensive decision…
One of the first things I did was to order a set of 20 matching locking nuts. Good for my OCD plus I would have to respect anyone who would take the time and effort to defeat 20 of them for a set of stock wheels.

Now with Apex wheels on the way, am considering extended studs so I can stack TWO sets of locking lugs.

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
I am considering adding these tweeters to the factory system. Are they worth the premium price?
I think so. If I was to do it again ’d make the same choice. If you want to try something first, remove the centre speaker. It takes about 10 minutes. Just pop off the centre cover in the middle of the dash, two bolts out, pull the speaker out, remove the cable at the connector. If after that you don’t get the clarity you want from the highs, then I’d go for it. They fit great, sound amazing. I’d also recommend replacing the sub, it makes a massive difference. I changed the centre speaker to a better one too, and it just adds more rich mid-range to the cabin.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Gloss black diffuser cover and new tail pipes on the Roush exhaust, not sure they’re staying but wanted a change
3B284C1D-7407-46BF-AC5F-01D12A1B9A27.jpeg

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Not necessarily just done today, but more of an update from the last 6 months or so. Finally found what appears to have been the cause of my engine randomly cutting out with no warning and no fault codes to speak of, an issue that's been plaguing the car since September and was only finally discovered by chance a couple of days ago! A loose connector in the main engine harness connector that sends power to all 8 coil packs kept occasionally losing contact with its pin, killing the spark. Connector squeezed nice and tight again with a screwdriver and pliers and fingers crossed that will be the end of the issue. Unfortunately in that time it caused my standard cats to melt through having loads of unburnt fuel dumped on them, so she's had ARH catted headers fitted as a replacement along with a tune from Wortec to keep things happy. Very recently she's been treated to a seevice and had an MP Concepts GT350 spoiler fitted at Modurstang, and I've also got a 2018+ intake manifold and Steeda closed intake to fit before another tune revision👍 I also managed to get a second-hand Borla resonator that Modurstang had sitting gathering dust on a shelf for £50 to replace my H-pipe as with the headers and S-Type axle-backs the car's a bit too loud for my liking with the valves open! It'll need an exhaust shop to make some new pipes so that it can be fitted but can't argue for the price. Now that she seems to be happy again, time to get her cleaned up for the events at Gaydon this coming weekend for the Mustang's 59th birthday:)
20230408_133409.jpg
20230405_110702.jpg
Sponsored