dpollard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt in Shadow Black
IMG_0551.jpeg

Well yesterday I attended the grand opening of a new cars/cake/coffee placed called 'NY500' as a member of 'Leeds Supercar Meets'.

There were a few other old Mustangs in the car park, but was a decent drive out to Pickering - albeit hampered with North Yorkshires finest camera vans and unmarked cars all over the place. In the weekend of hosting the National Modified Car Show, Classic Cars and now the opening of NY500, it's almost as if they dont want cars in the region.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
lol, only if they were speeding the tickets issued added to the local funds. It's a balance, the foot fall is good at these things but if you get folks booting it sideways out of the meets or other raceboy behaviour then it quickly goes south

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I went for my first real drive with 'Sharpie'. The Tremec will take some getting used to as it is very notchy and at the moment it's stiff, so takes some effort to engage. Should get better as I put the miles on.
OJvuPsNLQziFkoG5h2idqg.jpg

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
IMG_0551.jpeg

Well yesterday I attended the grand opening of a new cars/cake/coffee placed called 'NY500' as a member of 'Leeds Supercar Meets'.

There were a few other old Mustangs in the car park, but was a decent drive out to Pickering - albeit hampered with North Yorkshires finest camera vans and unmarked cars all over the place. In the weekend of hosting the National Modified Car Show, Classic Cars and now the opening of NY500, it's almost as if they dont want cars in the region.
Tell me about it…I live here and the vans are a constant pain in the fecking arse, guaranteed on a sunny day they’re all over the area, adding nicely to the piggy bank. The A64, A170 and A169 are particular favourites:facepalm: NY500 must also have had a talking to - they’re now warning people not to muck about or speed

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Collected from GT101 this afternoon, over the moon with my painted callipers! Excellent service as always

needs a good cleanin but i’ll get to that very soon i’m sure

634C8EFB-B23A-43EF-9BF4-D6F0F6133A00.jpeg
9B88C56A-8834-4437-A0F7-CE5D87681097.jpeg

not sure how - Dave will need to explain, the red seems to have vastly improved my range!

229E28D7-1CDE-4B71-9991-563CD52EEC0E.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
today I peeled off my rear number at the jet wash (bird sht on bonnet) before it fell off somewhere inconvenient. This is the second time it's peeled so the question is how the heck does one attach a Mustang rear number plate? The double sided padded strips the dealer used failed last year, so I cleaned that lot up and stuck it on with some Granville Black Silicon and it's peeled off within a year. Why? How? I've used the same stuff on a previous car with the bottom half the front plate (JDM square two line plate shape) hanging in the breeze and that was attached til the day I pulled it off to scrap the car and sell the front bumper. Back on topic - it's the ugly UK rear number plate holder so it's got hunners of surface area to attach!

Footnote: I had to reattach the front plate cause it fell off last year during first lockdown.
In the works car park.. Email to all staff asking whose plate is this...(they could have looked up the security list for allowed car but no they chose public shaming - oh the inhumanity of it :facepalm: )

Yellow Toy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Fastback
Looks great Kristian87, I have the same color car and choosing to paint my calipers Green like my stripes, cars booked in this Monday..
I did seriously think of the dark red like yours..
Got this done yesterday , Looks awesome.
But thats me lol

20210701_172424.jpg
20210701_172457.jpg

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I rattle canned my rear calipers this week to smarten them up until I get them replaced.
Looks great Kristian87, I have the same color car and choosing to paint my calipers Green like my stripes, cars booked in this Monday..
But thats me lol
Cheers! Must admit, the green also looks killer against Magnetic. One of the advantages of having a neutral color is being able to pair it with something contrasting.

Look forward to your caliper pics!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
it's the ugly UK rear number plate holder so it's got hunners of surface area to attach!
That's the issue! Just put the plate right on to the panel. That's what I've done. I just used your basic double sided automotive 1" tape from Amazon, the key is to double layer it so the plate clears the 2 screw holes that stick out.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
today I peeled off my rear number at the jet wash (bird sht on bonnet) before it fell off somewhere inconvenient. This is the second time it's peeled so the question is how the heck does one attach a Mustang rear number plate? The double sided padded strips the dealer used failed last year, so I cleaned that lot up and stuck it on with some Granville Black Silicon and it's peeled off within a year. Why? How? I've used the same stuff on a previous car with the bottom half the front plate (JDM square two line plate shape) hanging in the breeze and that was attached til the day I pulled it off to scrap the car and sell the front bumper. Back on topic - it's the ugly UK rear number plate holder so it's got hunners of surface area to attach!

Footnote: I had to reattach the front plate cause it fell off last year during first lockdown.
In the works car park.. Email to all staff asking whose plate is this...(they could have looked up the security list for allowed car but no they chose public shaming - oh the inhumanity of it :facepalm: )
I’ve had great success with the Halfords number plate pads - as in 9.5 years on my sportage and they are still welded on. Rear uses the raised pads and is on textured plastic, front is on the flat pads and is on paint.

Mustang rear plate is on the Halfords raised pads to clear the bumper bosses :

E68719-FF-D916-44-DF-90-D1-DDD0-F4-EDF60-A.jpg

Use something to help you keep the plate level (on the rear AA batteries were perfect just allowing the top of the bumper bosses to remain hidden behind the plate).

Use five vertical strips of tape - don’t use long horizontal strips running the length of the plate, it won’t cope with heat movement very well and once the ends of the long tape runs start to peel you have lost the fight.

De wax / de grease where you are sticking it, then do it again.

Final wipe all surfaces with isopropanol.

Apply in warm weather, keep pressure on each tape strip for a min or so, don’t stress the bond or let it get wet for as long as possible after fitment.

WD :like:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
But thats me lol

20210701_172424.jpg
20210701_172457.jpg
love the colour scheme
Sponsored