Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Foam Washed it and added ceramic detail spray. Just realized I haven’t washed it since May 11😂
We’ve had a crap summer with rain every few days and I gave up on trying to keep it clean. Ceramic coating helped keep it decent looking from 5 feet
First nice stretch of weather just in time for Labor Day. Have a great Labor Day!
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I'm in South Florida so the heat definitely plays a factor, but mine lasted about 3 years each. First one died with no warning at all. Started up fine leaving work, stopped at the apartment office and ran inside for two minutes, came back out and wouldn't start at all. Second time had some warnings and got replaced under the battery warranty at 2 years and 11 months in.
I live in hot Florida as well where the batteries don't live as long as they did when I lived in the mid-south. I just learned that my son's 2018 Expedition came from the factory with an insulating blanket inside the battery case. Realizing how much heat impacts a battery negatively, I insulated my 'stang battery box as well. Those batteries are far too expensive these days to not take care of them.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I live in hot Florida as well where the batteries don't live as long as they did when I lived in the mid-south. I just learned that my son's 2018 Expedition came from the factory with an insulating blanket inside the battery case. Realizing how much heat impacts a battery negatively, I insulated my 'stang battery box as well. Those batteries are far too expensive these days to not take care of them.
Got a link or picture of that? Curious how it works instead of just making it all hotter.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not exactly a mod to my car but a mod nonetheless.. just to myself. I’ve wanted a Mustang tattoo since I was 17… 20 years ago.. damn I’m getting old.. anyways I finally did it.

IMG_2225.jpeg

Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Where did you purchase the coolant tank cover from?
Sorry, I don’t know where it was originally purchased, I got it used from a UK member.
It’s made by MMD though :)

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Where did you purchase the coolant tank cover from?

I got the California pony car covers for coolant and brake reservoir. They arent fancy but they look like they could be stock and are much better than looking at that milky white factory plastic.

IMG_3596.jpeg

Hoofer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boz
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Vert, PP1, MagneRide, ActiveExhaust, B&O
Sorry, I don’t know where it was originally purchased, I got it used from a UK member.
It’s made by MMD though :)

Thanks.
IMHO, for whatever reason, MMD ceased manufacturing them years ago. It's puzzling and I certainly don't understand it. Copyright infringement?

It's a shame MMD ceased designing and manufacturing new S550 dress-up parts. Seems like it coincided with the introduction of the chyna virus.

Sadly, I don't know if they'll ever resume their drive down that road.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.
IMHO, for whatever reason, MMD ceased manufacturing them years ago. It's puzzling and I certainly don't understand it. Copyright infringement?

It's a shame MMD ceased designing and manufacturing new S550 dress-up parts. Seems like it coincided with the introduction of the chyna virus.

Sadly, I don't know if they'll ever resume their drive down that road.
Oh I didn’t know that! So glad I grabbed them now

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not sure why they were discontinued but IIRC a few cars with them at a C&C years ago had scuffs from contact with the hood. Was told it was a luck of the draw thing.

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
After 39k miles and 15 track days, I replaced my spark plugs today. I went with a set of NGK 6509 and gapped them at .049”

Here are the gaps I measured from the factory plugs I removed 😳

Definitely explains some of the poor performance I was experiencing after my last track day.

CylinderGap
#1.056”
#2.058”
#3.056”
#4.056”
#5.054”
#6.060”
#7.056”
#8.058”

IMG_2078.jpeg

tangguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Added my color IPC. Such an easy install. Took just 1 hour including the forscan programming.

IMG_6098.jpeg

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a nice Sunday drive.

IMG_2497.jpeg
Sponsored