Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Deleted member 35644

Had to change out the cruise switch. Not sure how or why, but the power button decided it wanted to leave the party. There's a tab missing on the inside of the button, but I haven't found it on the floor. Sweaty hands handling an airbag, even though the battery's disconnected. 😬

Cruise Switch1.jpg
Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
How in the world did you get a nut in the trunk and then add a bolt? Looks awesome but please share.
I used a grabber tool to push a bolt inside the trunklid until it pushed through a hole meant for one of the plastic pushpins that holds the carpeted liner on. It was fed through the larger hole where the left side rubber bumper goes.

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
I used a grabber tool to push a bolt inside the trunklid until it pushed through a hole meant for one of the plastic pushpins that holds the carpeted liner on. It was fed through the larger hole where the left side rubber bumper goes.
smart man....i got you now.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Always thought you have to remove the calipers and pins and the entire bracket to do this. Might have to take care of this when the winter set goes on the Bullitt.
Looking at the weather, that's about 2 weeks from now.
After tapping out the two pins and removing the center crossbolt, the pads can be slipped right out the back of the caliper.
Kinda makes me want to run just one set of rotors and then change pads between track and street setups. Not exactly the "proper" way to do it.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Just got a new DSS aluminum Driveshaft today, and Steeda's Differential brace is on it's way.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
It's good to be back here. I've been gone a while with the new job, and the new Gladiator!

What's the deal with the national back order on the intake manifolds? Ford can't make enough replacement parts for a crappy design or are they all just sitting off the coast waiting to be delivered?

Oh well, either way, can't wait to get the 'stang back on the road. The Gladiator is nice, but good lord it's a slug.

KnightStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT convertible
It's good to be back here. I've been gone a while with the new job, and the new Gladiator!

What's the deal with the national back order on the intake manifolds? Ford can't make enough replacement parts for a crappy design or are they all just sitting off the coast waiting to be delivered?

Oh well, either way, can't wait to get the 'stang back on the road. The Gladiator is nice, but good lord it's a slug.
Since the pandemic…Most dealer ordered parts are on “National backorder” (Entire automotive parts/supplies including marine outboards are on backorder since last year) They have lots of cargo ships that are still stranded somewhere. (It was on the news a few days ago)

Anyway, congrats on the Gladiator. I was a jeep guy for years.
(Had a Rubicon JK &JL, WK, WJ, XJ etc….)

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Since the pandemic…Most dealer ordered parts are on “National backorder” (Entire automotive parts/supplies including marine outboards are on backorder since last year) They have lots of cargo ships that are still stranded somewhere. (It was on the news a few days ago)

Anyway, congrats on the Gladiator. I was a jeep guy for years.
(Had a Rubicon JK &JL, WK, WJ, XJ etc….)
Yup, was 100 ships at LA port as of mid/late October.

Green dots are idle/non-moving ships, this is live as of today off of LA:
1635880311295.png

blue5.slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base, M/T
Just got a new DSS aluminum Driveshaft today, and Steeda's Differential brace is on it's way.
what differences do you feel driving it?

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Winter tire time. Michelin X-Ice Snows. First time I ever had a dedicated snow tire, looking forward to trying them out in some white stuff.

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
what differences do you feel driving it?
It's not installed yet, literally just delivered today. Not counting on feeling much difference, the box says 24#. I'm just worried I'll break the stock 2 piece.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
Winter tire time. Michelin X-Ice Snows. First time I ever had a dedicated snow tire, looking forward to trying them out in some white stuff.

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg
It will be a huge difference!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

IMG_4379.jpeg

IMG_4380.jpeg

IMG_4381.jpeg
Honestly, winter time in the S550 is a blast. Provided you got good tires, which seems you do. I switched standard Bullitt staggered to square setup of Sottozero 3s and new rims and I like the look and performance.
OH is getting colder, think this or next weekend I'll put on the winter booties too...

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Had the Pirelli’s replace (at 400 miles lol) with conti extreme dws06 plus Tires. Gave her it’s first bath and oil change today.
What do you think of the continentals compared to the Pirelli's? I have a set in the garage waiting to be installed.
Sponsored