Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Speed Shine yesterday helped, but I wanted more. I added a layer of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.
My son was playing with his new phone and took a close up at 108 MP. I didn't know paint looked like that zoomed in. If you click on this and then zoom in it looks like little spheres of color.
Screenshot_20210321-142812_Gallery.jpg
It surprising what’s in paint when you look close. Even people with shadow black will tell you it’s just a deep black :

1616362709609.jpeg

But when you look close and at the right angle (OE hood vent) :

1616362290362.jpeg

Same with the factory black roofs.

I think the only reason Ford put it in is to add what I can only describe as ‘sparkle’ - even when you can’t see the flake, if you catch the sun in the reflection (so it’s directly glaring at you / dazzling you) and then move so the sun travels across the surface it sparkles and flashes at it hits the flakes :sunglasses:

Just as a side note and I’m assuming most polarising sunglasses do the same, but even some ‘everyday’ colours on some ‘basic’ cars look really deep and vivid on a bright day with Oakley polarisers :sunglasses:

WD :like:
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody "sharpened" them ... they are self tapping sheet metal screws.

Sticking straight up in a crack? Not just one but multiple?

They was set directly in the crack.

I just hit one of them. I have to feel it was intentional. Maybe not for me, but for someone to hit.

Makes me sad. Hope I can get a new one pronto tomorrow

33C91E39-61E3-4B40-8001-610FBFB06C50.jpeg

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
It surprising what’s in paint when you look close. Even people with shadow black will tell you it’s just a deep black :

1616362709609.jpeg

But when you look close and at the right angle (OE hood vent) :

1616362290362.jpeg

Same with the factory black roofs.

I think the only reason Ford put it in is to add what I can only describe as ‘sparkle’ - even when you can’t see the flake, if you catch the sun in the reflection (so it’s directly glaring at you / dazzling you) and then move so the sun travels across the surface it sparkles and flashes at it hits the flakes :sunglasses:

Just as a side note and I’m assuming most polarising sunglasses do the same, but even some ‘everyday’ colours on some ‘basic’ cars look really deep and vivid on a bright day with Oakley polarisers :sunglasses:

Now I'm gonna have him that a picture on my black roof with the same settings to see if it also looks like microscopic colored spheres suspended in clear. I should have him do the rear spoiler too, it's color matched to the black accent but now I want to see how much of a match it really is. To the best of my knowledge, the roof and Black Accent parts should be Ebony. Shadow black should be the same as Ebony but with a little flake added.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Nothing. I was busy washing my daily driver and my wife's land yacht.

20210321_165353.jpg

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, Ebony doesn't have the same effect. The specks on the roof in this shot are just pollen, it's starting to come down now. BTW, these are just screen shots, even with cropping, etc. we could only get the 40+ MB files down to 11-14 MB, way too big to attach here. Still, zoom in and you'll get the idea.
Screenshot_20210321-181357_Gallery.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Sticking straight up in a crack? Not just one but multiple?

They was set directly in the crack.

I just hit one of them. I have to feel it was intentional. Maybe not for me, but for someone to hit.
My comment was that nobody purposely shapened them ... they come like that. If someone purposely put them on the road pointing up, who knows? You're lucky it wasn't the guy around here going around cutting everyone's brake lines in parking lots. Society has gone frickin' nuts lately.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm gonna have him that a picture on my black roof with the same settings to see if it also looks like microscopic colored spheres suspended in clear. I should have him do the rear spoiler too, it's color matched to the black accent but now I want to see how much of a match it really is. To the best of my knowledge, the roof and Black Accent parts should be Ebony. Shadow black should be the same as Ebony but with a little flake added.
Much harder to see on the roof, you need to get up high, look down on it and have the sun glaring at you in the reflection :

1616366736491.jpeg

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I “painted” the centre section of my bumper to give it a Shelbyish look. I used the removable paint, just in case.
91A96A2E-B9B9-40DB-8E06-ADDFA6005A37.jpeg
DF5DFB5A-DE92-45AB-B472-A065C2BE9209.jpeg

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Cruised around town for a few hours, filled up for $3.20/gal. Thanks Biden, C'mon Man
Gas was $2.39 60 days ago
Blame Oil companies they are making up for all the money lost on people not traveling over the last year so they can report better profits to their shareholders.

Average gas price in the US right now is still lower than it was the same time in 2019 and 2018.

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blame Oil companies they are making up for all the money lost on people not traveling over the last year so they can report better profits to their shareholders.

Average gas price in the US right now is still lower than it was the same time in 2019 and 2018.
Well, kinda. When the pandemic hit, the demand for fuel crashed. You can't just turn a refinery on and off so they kept refining and hoped covid wouldn't be a long term thing, until the storage tanks were full and they had to shut down. Gas has been at fire sale prices ever since.
Now that the stored fuel is running out and people are starting to get out again they have to restart production, that costs money and the end user gets to pay for it. Nobody should be surprised by any of this.
I guess it's not incorrect to blame Biden since, without him, we'd still be cooped up instead of filling the tank. But whining about rising fuel prices makes me wonder if some people preferred the pandemic.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My comment was that nobody purposely shapened them ... they come like that. If someone purposely put them on the road pointing up, who knows? You're lucky it wasn't the guy around here going around cutting everyone's brake lines in parking lots. Society has gone frickin' nuts lately.
That can kill someone/families. That’s fricken awful. If we caught someone in act and shot them, we’d be tried for murder.

They’d be let off.

I am afraid of what the next generation is going to morph into, they are already anti social due to digitalization of things, add covid and home schooling on top. Not going to be good for those kids who need peer to peer contact.

I feel like these weirdos are the social outcast.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Started this season's track prep then took a cruise with the car club to the beach. Great weekend.

20210319_161113.jpg

20210320_124033.jpg

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Picked this up for my GFs GT. Found a Anderson Composites ram air hood locally. Brand new for $450.

IMG_20210321_141752.jpg

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Much harder to see on the roof, you need to get up high, look down on it and have the sun glaring at you in the reflection :

1616366736491.jpeg

We tried that, it's not the same. My Ebony roof, even under substantial magnification, doesn't have the same "structure" (for lack of a better term) that the Magnetic paint has. The black roof is a solid black surface, as I'd always thought all paint would be, rather than looking like a microscopic ball pit. The last pic I attached was an attempt to give an idea of both paints together, it gave up some clarity of the grey but correctly showed the black roof. I purposely avoided reflections so the surface would show.
Perhaps, at some point, Ford used Shadow Black for black roofs but mine is Ebony and has no metallic in it.

Screenshot_20210321-200051.png
Sponsored

Last edited: