Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Installed borla switchfire x-pipe..by far the best sounding x-pipe out there.. It is pricey for an x pipe but no drone and with the active exhaust it sounds amazing. Word of caution to any who have active exhaust and do any work to it..watch the connectors as on the passenger there is not much clearance.. Ford decided to put the motor/connector for the valve very close to the pinch weld, shuffling the exhaust around on install caused me to pinch the wires against the pinch weld and killed the active exhaust. Some electrical tape and some more shuffling fixed the issue.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It is pricey for an x pipe, but no drone, and with the active exhaust, it sounds amazing.
Hey, could you record some sound clips (or short video) with mild, moderate, and aggressive fly-bys... and in different modes? :D. I used to think that H-pipes sounded like crap (like motorboats), and that X-pipes were the way to go, but apparently I was wrong. Supposedly, the H-pipes sound deeper, and the X-pipes raspier, which I wouldn't like. Curious how yours sound. Thanks man.

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Hey, could you record some sound clips (or short video) with mild, moderate, and aggressive fly-bys... and in different modes? :D. I used to think that H-pipes sounded like crap (like motorboats), and that X-pipes were the way to go, but apparently I was wrong. Supposedly, the H-pipes sound deeper, and the X-pipes raspier, which I wouldn't like. Curious how yours sound. Thanks man.
Unfortunately I can't get any fly by but I can go through the different modes parked. I want sure about it either because alot of the videos I saw of x pipes were raspy, but then I saw the switch fire and it sounded different. Its not only an x pipe but underneath it also has 2 straight pipes so its actually 4 pipes 2 x pipe and 2 straight pipe. Light to moderate throttle is deep..heavy throttle is loud but not overly raspy. After the 4th celebrations I'll get some clips for you.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks, brother :D. Hey, forgot to ask you: Any more interior noise in quiet mode, when cruising at 80 mph? Curious about that, since I don't want any extra noise at highway speeds. If there's more exhaust noise, but you don't hear it (drowned out by tire/road noise, etc), then I obviously wouldn't care :). Heard the Borla video below, but not sure I like it better than stock there. It sounds raspier to me, but hard to tell from a recording. Looking forward to your video. My final thought is how about making it BOTH an 'X' pipe and an 'H' pipe? Ha ha. All it needed is a little 'H' tube on the top striaght pipes. Wonder how that would sound:like:. Thanks again.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I put Redline hood struts on today. Wow, what a big difference in the effort needed to raise the hood.
While I had the battery box cover off I load tested the battery and was a bit surprised to find it at only 33%. Went ahead and replaced it while I was there.
Thought about hood struts, after having the car. Realized the prop rod offered more room under the hood.

The unknown biggest advantage of the hood prop, is closing it. Can drop the hood too close.

With struts, the effort use to lift the hood, is now shifted to closing it. Count on the struts to fail over time, a reason Ford uses the prop rod.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Interestingly, mine opens higher with the hood struts and the other thing I wasn't expecting was now I don't have any hood flutter at all. Before, when I would be traveling at high speed the hood moved so much that my wife said, this can't be right.

Thought about hood struts, after having the car. Realized the prop rod offered more room under the hood.

The unknown biggest advantage of the hood prop, is closing it. Can drop the hood too close.

With struts, the effort use to lift the hood, is now shifted to closing it. Count on the struts to fail over time, a reason Ford uses the prop rod.

bammons88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Thanks, brother :D. Hey, forgot to ask you: Any more interior noise in quiet mode, when cruising at 80 mph? Curious about that, since I don't want any extra noise at highway speeds. If there's more exhaust noise, but you don't hear it (drowned out by tire/road noise, etc), then I obviously wouldn't care :). Heard the Borla video below, but not sure I like it better than stock there. It sounds raspier to me, but hard to tell from a recording. Looking forward to your video. My final thought is how about making it BOTH an 'X' pipe and an 'H' pipe? Ha ha. All it needed is a little 'H' tube on the top striaght pipes. Wonder how that would sound:like:. Thanks again.

Nope, it is same as stock..literally no drone..it all comes out the back lol. The only mode that has a slight increase in cabin noise is track.
Here is the clip
Startup is of course normal mode
1st rev is quiet mode
2nd is normal mode
3rd is sport
4th is track

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Have a bit of a search around. On the Aust. forum I posted mine https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/aussie-exhausts.21198/page-195 see post 2925. As well I linked a US Bullitt clip post 2925. Also there is a recent clip on the US forum "exhaust note video list" post 318 https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...o-list-summarized-in-first-post.16279/page-22

Those should give you a good idea.
Sponsored