Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Added a brand new Ford Performance torsion bar after finally getting it back from my powder coater. My guy does excellent work but is back-logged like crazy, had to wait 5 weeks for this.
IMG_6272.JPG
IMG_6273.JPG
IMG_6274.JPG
Man that looks hot! Makes the puny little stripes I'm attempting look weak. Maybe I nees to find a powder coater around here.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed a Steeda Tri Ax Race shifter and Shaftmasters aluminum DS.

Sponsored

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
That is gorgeous. Help me understand, what does that part provide beyond the stock bar? Is it stiffer? Thanks for educating me.
First off, my GT was bone stock so it didn't come with any torsion bar at all. Second, and I'd have to confirm this with someone who did get a model that has one, the stock version does not have the part that connects to the center of the body. My understanding is that the stock ones just connect the two strut towers, like a bridge, whereas the Ford Performance one forms like a triangle that also connects to the body.

GentlemanJack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT #savethemanuals, 2012 Audi Q5
Man that looks hot! Makes the puny little stripes I'm attempting look weak. Maybe I nees to find a powder coater around here.
Yes, if you can find a skilled craftsman in your area, powder coating is completely worth it. I took my time picking this color and just loved how it all came out.

randy_tho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The performance package has the two piece bracing.

First off, my GT was bone stock so it didn't come with any torsion bar at all. Second, and I'd have to confirm this with someone who did get a model that has one, the stock version does not have the part that connects to the center of the body. My understanding is that the stock ones just connect the two strut towers, like a bridge, whereas the Ford Performance one forms like a triangle that also connects to the body.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That is gorgeous. Help me understand, what does that part provide beyond the stock bar? Is it stiffer? Thanks for educating me.
It actually probably stiffens thing more than the cross brace does assuming it includes the extra support piece that comes with PP cars but is not included in the Ford Performance "kits". By itself, it completes 2 triangles with existing parts of the car. With the cross brace it completes 3 triangles, using the cross brace as one side of the third triangle. The cross brace by itself, makes zero triangles but does make things a little more rigid.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
First off, my GT was bone stock so it didn't come with any torsion bar at all.
It's actually called a "strut tower brace". A torsion bar is under the car that stiffens up the suspension keeping the car from rolling in corners.

EvilleGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase

Fasteddiec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium convertible
Ok, thanks for that info. My new GT has a brace across the two strut towers. In addition there are brace pieces from each strut tower to the firewall.
upload_2019-6-9_4-28-4.jpeg

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
Today I slept in a bit, washed my car and went to a little breakfast spot.
First ride since installing the Steeda Tri Ax Race shifter and Shaftmasters aluminum DS. Definitely a little NVH, more noise than anything. No vibrations and I got her up to 90. The shifter takes some getting used to, as finding first takes some effort. This is probably due to the stiff springs I installed instead of the light ones. That should go away after they break in. Banging gears is definitely fun. Nice and crisp.
Sponsored