Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

Fusion Training Systems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Now that is a cool gauge and worth having. How difficult is the install?
I actually had the shop where I take to get all my work done do it. They Said it was fairly easy to do.

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Added a new GT500 type spoiler and threw on some Mickey Thompson SS on the rear. Also a few engine bay pictures of new Vortech setup. Upset I didn't go with the black coating on the blower.. oh well..
IMG_20230325_173752.jpg
IMG_20230325_173840.jpg

9i0rue (1).jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Found my new favourite car smell (not) ... 🤮

1680521207343.jpeg

1680521245276.jpeg

Here is what smelt wonderful following its usage :

• The house (left the top of the empty bottle).
  • The clothes I worked in (wiping fingers on my pants and hoodie).
  • The outside bin (paper towels).
  • The inside bin (the little foil top seal from the bottle).
  • The dish cloth (from washing my hands, even though I cleaned them off outside).
  • The garage (syringe, even though it's been emptied and wiped down).

The biggest mistake I made was getting caught leaving the patio door open and the extractor on in the kitchen to try and clear the smell from the house before she arrived home, she knew that I knew it must have smelt bad ... :facepalm:

Now the misses has got the smell up her nose, she's even moaning that the washing machine smells of it after putting my clothes and the dish cloth through a wash cycle (with Flash APC in the drum) ...

WD :like:

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

1680521207343.jpeg

1680521245276.jpeg

• The dish cloth (from washing my hands, even though I cleaned them off outside).

The biggest mistake I made was getting caught leaving the patio door open and the extractor on in the kitchen to try and clear the smell from the house before she arrived home, she knew that I knew it must have smelt bad ... :facepalm:

Now the misses has got the smell up her nose, she's even moaning that the washing machine smells of it after putting my clothes and the dish cloth through a wash cycle (with Flash APC in the drum) ...

What does that do? 🙂

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

1680521207343.jpeg

1680521245276.jpeg

Ahhh, so someone else has experienced the joy of that stuff. I honestly didn't think it was one of the worst smells I've ever witnessed, but I've always been fairly tolerant of gear oils. This definitely had a resemblance of rubbing a skunk's ass on your face, though.

I didn't use the whole bottle, so I put what was left inside a plastic bag along with the measuring cup I used. On hot days in the summer you can still kinda smell it in the garage, that stuff has quite the ability to escape its containment....

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Filed a claim with some Toyota driver's AAA insurance. Waiting for an adjuster.

Susan was driving it. Stopped at a red light. Toyota SUV pulls up and stops well behind. Everyone waits, everyone waits. Toyota driver gets distracted and takes foot off brake. Toyota rolls forward and hits the Mustang rear bumper.

Dashcam video (damn, rear window needs inside cleaning):

Damage:

20230404_132430 cropped.jpg

Any chance damage is more than paint?

And if just paint, am I'm right the whole bumper should be repainted, not just the cracked paint?

If the whole bumper, their insurance won't like the painted stripes. That's their problem but wonder how they might try to avoid painting everything just because of the stripes. The stripes will more than double the cost to paint the bumper.

Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Installed a Innovate Motorsports Ethanol Gauge.

FA03A3D0-F7F0-42E8-90E0-D530404A507D.jpeg
Excuse my ignorance, I don’t know anything about e85 and am considering changing… everyone talks about how important it is to monitor your e content, but no one says why it’s important, or even more so, what happens when the content is too low? What do you do? Stop the car and drain the tank? Get higher e content fuel and add it to the tank? Set the car on fire and run? I don’t understand…

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

1680521207343.jpeg

1680521245276.jpeg

I’ve never seen something so out of place on anything of yours!
6403B712-A377-4C2F-B785-A563D0441BC4.jpeg

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Filed a claim with some Toyota driver's AAA insurance. Waiting for an adjuster.

Susan was driving it. Stopped at a red light. Toyota SUV pulls up and stops well behind. Everyone waits, everyone waits. Toyota driver gets distracted and takes foot off brake. Toyota rolls forward and hits the Mustang rear bumper.

Dashcam video (damn, rear window needs inside cleaning):

Damage:

20230404_132430 cropped.jpg

Any chance damage is more than paint?

And if just paint, am I'm right the whole bumper should be repainted, not just the cracked paint?

If the whole bumper, their insurance won't like the painted stripes. That's their problem but wonder how they might try to avoid painting everything just because of the stripes. The stripes will more than double the cost to paint the bumper.
JFC when will people pull their heads out!?!?!?! Really sorry this happened to you, reeeeeally glad you had a rear camera.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Excuse my ignorance, I don’t know anything about e85 and am considering changing… everyone talks about how important it is to monitor your e content, but no one says why it’s important, or even more so, what happens when the content is too low? What do you do? Stop the car and drain the tank? Get higher e content fuel and add it to the tank? Set the car on fire and run? I don’t understand…
It's important because too low of an ethanol content in the fuel leads to potential detonation/knock issues since most tunes set up for E take advantage of its incredible cooling properties (it vaporizes in a different way than gasoline, removing far more heat from the cylinder). This allows you to run stupid amounts of ignition advance. Doing that on low quality E though? Can damage/kill the motor.