Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Busy Mustang weekend at our house! Got my wife's Clinched Spider top installed. Hoping to get the panels over to the painter this week or next.
EB.jpg

My GT was loaded up and delivered for the Roush Phase 2 kit and other goodies.
GT.jpg

Now if only Spring would arrive.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Busy Mustang weekend at our house! Got my wife's Clinched Spider top installed. Hoping to get the panels over to the painter this week or next.
EB.jpg

My GT was loaded up and delivered for the Roush Phase 2 kit and other goodies.
GT.jpg

Now if only Spring would arrive.
Orange Mustang convertible, orange Mustang GT, blue Escape (2017-2019ish), blue 2021 F150 towing...

Let me guess. Your favorite colors are green and black and you are a huge Chevy guy? :giggle:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Got my wife's Clinched Spider top installed. Hoping to get the panels over to the painter this week or next.
EB.jpg
đź‘Ť

If your wife is the only driver, you should move the passenger seat to the same height and disconnect the wiring.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Orange Mustang convertible, orange Mustang GT, blue Escape (2017-2019ish), blue 2021 F150 towing...

Let me guess. Your favorite colors are green and black and you are a huge Chevy guy? :giggle:
I have actually owned 2 Chevy's in my life. When I was 16 and buying my first car I owned an 82 Camaro (in 1988), but since I was only 16 my mom had to put the car in her name, and she refused to let me get a 5 liter at that time (even though I paid for the car), she was onboard with the Camaro because it was a V6. My grandfather worked for Ford for 34 years, and told me I had to park the Chevy on the street, he didn't want people who knew him to get the wrong idea :cwl::cwl::cwl:
The only other Chevy I owned was like a 1987 Cavalier, and that was my winter beater when I had my 94GT. The Twister Orange caught my eye when I was looking at ordering my car last year, and when we picked it up, my wife fell in love with the color, and ordered her convertible in it.

My favorite color is actually Kona Blue, I had a 2012 GT in that color. The red strip on that car I added because my previous GT was Red Candy, and was a bit of a tribute to that car.
KB.JPG

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have actually owned 2 Chevy's in my life. When I was 16 and buying my first car I owned an 82 Camaro (in 1988), but since I was only 16 my mom had to put the car in her name, and she refused to let me get a 5 liter at that time (even though I paid for the car), she was onboard with the Camaro because it was a V6. My grandfather worked for Ford for 34 years, and told me I had to park the Chevy on the street, he didn't want people who knew him to get the wrong idea :cwl::cwl::cwl:
The only other Chevy I owned was like a 1987 Cavalier, and that was my winter beater when I had my 94GT. The Twister Orange caught my eye when I was looking at ordering my car last year, and when we picked it up, my wife fell in love with the color, and ordered her convertible in it.

My favorite color is actually Kona Blue, I had a 2012 GT in that color. The red strip on that car I added because my previous GT was Red Candy, and was a bit of a tribute to that car.
KB.JPG
Sounds like a pretty cool car history!

Just noticed you're from Ohio. Hello from Dayton. :rockon:

Sponsored

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
Sounds like a pretty cool car history!

Just noticed you're from Ohio. Hello from Dayton. :rockon:
Canton here...was just down near Dayton last weekend...my GT is at Lebanon Ford getting its work done.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Canton here...was just down near Dayton last weekend...my GT is at Lebanon Ford getting its work done.
That's a hike for you, why that far? They are about 20min south from me on US42 (I live just off of US42), but mine go-to has been Germain Ford of Beavercreek, but am debating trying Lebanon. Do they have a really skilled Mustang crew or somethin there?

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
That's a hike for you, why that far? They are about 20min south from me on US42 (I live just off of US42), but mine go-to has been Germain Ford of Beavercreek, but am debating trying Lebanon. Do they have a really skilled Mustang crew or somethin there?
They were well worth the drive; Montrose Ford near me is also a Roush dealer, and their quote was $10,400+tax for the Phase 2 install, Lebanon was $8995+ tax. I also have a good fiend who lives in Cincy, so between the trailer cost of $130 and a tank of gas, it was well worth the savings, plus got to get some Skyline Chili while I was there :) As far as skilled Mustang crew, I think they do, they are an RTR and Roush dealer, and build a ton of the Roush charged cars onsite. Their website has a whole section on Mustang upgrades they offer. https://www.lebanonfordperformance.com/lfp-common-upgrades-mustang/

Jpol908

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A Ragtop
Installed my new steering wheel after it sitting in a box for a month:
20220220_163602.jpg

Also changed the oil at 6,000 km since last time. This time I took out the whole Ronin plug, including the part you're not supposed to take out every time, to see how the magnetic tip looked. This was my fourth oil change after I installed the plug and the tip was coated with a very light layer of metal powder.
Where did you get the steering wheel from? That's the style I have been searching for.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Got an alignment done and welp, I think I discovered why one of my summer tires was that badly worn up front (I think it was actually the front right) after I got my alignment results back. 32k miles on the car too...

2022_01_13_10_34_07_2021_12_31_Alignment_Grismer.pdf_Adobe_Acrobat_Reader_DC.png
Quoting my own post, but have a dilemma here.
Had Grismer do alignment on Dec 31, 2021.
The car is on winters, but it feels "loose" in the back, as if the rear takes time to follow. Perhaps skinnier tires than stock have effect, or when it was too warm for the winters (50F), but does this in cold too.

Went in for alignment check - this is the result what, 6 weeks later? I avoid potholes like the plague, what is going on here, what gives, anyone know?

2022_Alignment.png

Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Quoting my own post, but have a dilemma here.
Had Grismer do alignment on Dec 31, 2021.
The car is on winters, but it feels "loose" in the back, as if the rear takes time to follow. Perhaps skinnier tires than stock have effect, or when it was too warm for the winters (50F), but does this in cold too.

Went in for alignment check - this is the result what, 6 weeks later? I avoid potholes like the plague, what is going on here, what gives, anyone know?

2022_Alignment.png
I'd say the tech didn't torque everything down after getting the numbers in the green the first time around.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The rear toe links spec is 129#, so I agree that you should see how tight they are. Put a second box end wrench in the back when you tighten bc that will help prevent the adjuster from turning. (Well, perhaps the next time you drive home from the alignment shop.)

I have been driving around for weeks without checking mine. But my car goes straight and I put index marks with a paint pen on the adjuster. That lets me know if anything shifted.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The rear toe links spec is 129#, so I agree that you should see how tight they are. Put a second box end wrench in the back when you tighten bc that will help prevent the adjuster from turning. (Well, perhaps the next time you drive home from the alignment shop.)

I have been driving around for weeks without checking mine. But my car goes straight and I put index marks with a paint pen on the adjuster. That lets me know if anything shifted.
Rear toe? All those specs are front axle, rear axle came out all green.
Or do you mean a rear bolt on the front axle or something? Maybe I'm dense.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I took it to get a burrito during my lunch break and I don’t know if it’s just depression or what but for the first time I just wished I had a normal car. I'm starting to miss the Impala I had as a 2nd car.
To start with just starting the mustang is a chore. In the Impala you just turned the key and went. I have a louder exhaust on the Mustang which I also finally admitting to regretting today so I have to start the car with the garage door due to cringing about what my neighbors may be thinking. Then I have to clear the warning that the fixaflat thing is not in place. Then I have to push over in the guage menu to get it to show the gauges. Then I have to turn on the cruise control with the steering wheel button. Then I have to make sure I wait the 10 or so seconds for the phone to connect before turning on the radio or it will go to a blank hissing AM radio station instead of blue tooth. Then I prey the amazon echo car connects the first time so I can listen to my tunes. Then I start driving and I get super stressed anytime I have to park and always park far from the door and other cars. I think I am just getting too tired at this point in my life to put up with it. Also I am starting to feel like a clown since I went with triple yellow. I don't really want any attention on me so I just get embarrassed. Maybe its time for a change.
Sponsored