Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
New stripes tomorrow... i. cant. wait!!!!! Ill post pics asap... I like the grey but they are worn out and ripped...
Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Latest new addition to the family..
No more open trailer going to the track..
32BEB224-7693-4CEC-9445-B0063A5F447E.jpeg
344F3783-959A-4C41-9AF6-BA2CEE12D538.jpeg

ECC4B726-5C8D-4FB7-9505-9015F46A161D.jpeg

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Quoting my own post, but have a dilemma here.
Had Grismer do alignment on Dec 31, 2021.
The car is on winters, but it feels "loose" in the back, as if the rear takes time to follow. Perhaps skinnier tires than stock have effect, or when it was too warm for the winters (50F), but does this in cold too.

Went in for alignment check - this is the result what, 6 weeks later? I avoid potholes like the plague, what is going on here, what gives, anyone know?

2022_Alignment.png
Something is fishy here. It looks like you are out of spec this time almost exactly opposite how you were out of spec the first time. Like the first measurement was bad and they adjusted to counter it but really just put it way out of spec instead because the sensor was not straight in the first place. And the second check shows how far out of spec they put it. And now have to adjust it back. I know this scenario because I have done it myself. I caught it on the road test and fixed it.

S550_Newbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kelly
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Latest new addition to the family..
No more open trailer going to the track..
32BEB224-7693-4CEC-9445-B0063A5F447E.jpeg
344F3783-959A-4C41-9AF6-BA2CEE12D538.jpeg

ECC4B726-5C8D-4FB7-9505-9015F46A161D.jpeg
These days that is about $3000.00 in plywood alone.

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
Washed my car and then used several CarPro products Hydro 2, Eraser, several coats of ReLoad and ReTyre. Cleaned the interior with Zaino Z9 Leather Cleaner and Z10 Leather Treatment.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I took it to get a burrito during my lunch break and I don’t know if it’s just depression or what but for the first time I just wished I had a normal car. I'm starting to miss the Impala I had as a 2nd car.
To start with just starting the mustang is a chore. In the Impala you just turned the key and went. I have a louder exhaust on the Mustang which I also finally admitting to regretting today so I have to start the car with the garage door due to cringing about what my neighbors may be thinking. Then I have to clear the warning that the fixaflat thing is not in place. Then I have to push over in the guage menu to get it to show the gauges. Then I have to turn on the cruise control with the steering wheel button. Then I have to make sure I wait the 10 or so seconds for the phone to connect before turning on the radio or it will go to a blank hissing AM radio station instead of blue tooth. Then I prey the amazon echo car connects the first time so I can listen to my tunes. Then I start driving and I get super stressed anytime I have to park and always park far from the door and other cars. I think I am just getting too tired at this point in my life to put up with it. Also I am starting to feel like a clown since I went with triple yellow. I don't really want any attention on me so I just get embarrassed. Maybe its time for a change.
Anxiety is a bitch. I know the feeling though. For most errands I take my Taurus. It's just easier, you can park up front and not give a damn about door dings, and there's just zero thought in your mind about it while you're going about your day. I try to relegate the Mustang to fun drives only or road trips.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Something is fishy here. It looks like you are out of spec this time almost exactly opposite how you were out of spec the first time. Like the first measurement was bad and they adjusted to counter it but really just put it way out of spec instead because the sensor was not straight in the first place. And the second check shows how far out of spec they put it. And now have to adjust it back. I know this scenario because I have done it myself. I caught it on the road test and fixed it.
Something is definitely fishy for sure. I have winter set on, they are 19" rims (just like the stock Bullitt wheels). One Grismer sent me to another location, saying they don't have the grips to grab onto the tires instead of the rim (they didn't want to damage my rims, which I appreciate).
However, I keep thinking, just grabbing onto the rims is begging for some wiggle room in softness of the compound, right?

I think I need to take it to a dealer and have them check during my oil change as this does not sound right.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
I took it to get a burrito during my lunch break and I don’t know if it’s just depression or what but for the first time I just wished I had a normal car. I'm starting to miss the Impala I had as a 2nd car.
To start with just starting the mustang is a chore. In the Impala you just turned the key and went. I have a louder exhaust on the Mustang which I also finally admitting to regretting today so I have to start the car with the garage door due to cringing about what my neighbors may be thinking. Then I have to clear the warning that the fixaflat thing is not in place. Then I have to push over in the guage menu to get it to show the gauges. Then I have to turn on the cruise control with the steering wheel button. Then I have to make sure I wait the 10 or so seconds for the phone to connect before turning on the radio or it will go to a blank hissing AM radio station instead of blue tooth. Then I prey the amazon echo car connects the first time so I can listen to my tunes. Then I start driving and I get super stressed anytime I have to park and always park far from the door and other cars. I think I am just getting too tired at this point in my life to put up with it. Also I am starting to feel like a clown since I went with triple yellow. I don't really want any attention on me so I just get embarrassed. Maybe its time for a change.
Man.. I only have to push the garage door button and the start button of the car.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Something is definitely fishy for sure. I have winter set on, they are 19" rims (just like the stock Bullitt wheels). One Grismer sent me to another location, saying they don't have the grips to grab onto the tires instead of the rim (they didn't want to damage my rims, which I appreciate).
However, I keep thinking, just grabbing onto the rims is begging for some wiggle room in softness of the compound, right?

I think I need to take it to a dealer and have them check during my oil change as this does not sound right.
What I’m saying is they adjusted it way wrong the first time, and then fixed their mistake the second time. I know it was all green after the first one, but the alignment specs are only as good as the way the sensors were fitted in the first place. First measurement said the before specs had the toe way way in- there’s no way you wouldn’t have felt that while driving. In fact you did feel it when they set the toe way way out AFTER that first alignment. So what I’m suggesting is that they set up the machine wrong the first time resulting in an incorrect adjustment. Second alignment resulted in un-doing the first alignment. The toe didn’t un-adjust itself while you were driving. I hope you didn’t drive too far before the second alignment because the toe being that far out of spec would destroy your tires in short order.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Discovered this on my stock Pilot 4S, between swapping to winters this is on one tire after about 20k miles....
20211126_144609.jpg
What I’m saying is they adjusted it way wrong the first time, and then fixed their mistake the second time. I know it was all green after the first one, but the alignment specs are only as good as the way the sensors were fitted in the first place. First measurement said the before specs had the toe way way in- there’s no way you wouldn’t have felt that while driving. In fact you did feel it when they set the toe way way out AFTER that first alignment. So what I’m suggesting is that they set up the machine wrong the first time resulting in an incorrect adjustment. Second alignment resulted in un-doing the first alignment. The toe didn’t un-adjust itself while you were driving. I hope you didn’t drive too far before the second alignment because the toe being that far out of spec would destroy your tires in short order.
I think I'm following it now. I think I drove around 1,500-2,000 miles as it's my daily, even when it was only a few weeks.

Well, the picture above is what sent me to get the alignment done the first time around, and that was after 2 track days, very uneven wear on inner right tire (I think). That would be explained by the toe I
I noticed it when swapping summer > winter set, hence why I scheduled the alignment.

I'm kind of still debating taking it to another place. I think $100 for peace of mind is worth it, but I'm a "worrier" and it might just make me more suspicious.

Sponsored

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Well... as you can see stripes are gone... They were baked on and the detailer had to use eraser wheel to get them off... so it took a lot longer... But he didnt charge me till jobs done, so i take back in 2 weeks to get them on. Ugh but at least its being done right. Prob gonna get him to give me some ppf on the front...
IMG_2186.JPG

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I think I'm following it now. I think I drove around 1,500-2,000 miles as it's my daily, even when it was only a few weeks.

Well, the picture above is what sent me to get the alignment done the first time around, and that was after 2 track days, very uneven wear on inner right tire (I think). That would be explained by the toe I
I noticed it when swapping summer > winter set, hence why I scheduled the alignment.

I'm kind of still debating taking it to another place. I think $100 for peace of mind is worth it, but I'm a "worrier" and it might just make me more suspicious.
if it were me, I would bring it to a different place but don't mention your past experiences and see what they say. Ask to be called before any adjustment and go from there...

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods

My bad about missing it was your front alignment. My statements about rear remain.

Anyway, you should be able to turn the steering all the way to one side and then inspect it the tire rod nut is loose and look for a gap there. I don't recall the torque spec but I thought it seemed high given you can only put a 15mm open end wrench on the rod.

At laser alignment machines it may be important how the transmitters affix to the wheel and the techs experience with the whole process.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
This is the saddest post. My last mustang was triple yellow and it always brightened my mood.
But yeah, trying to control audio and maps via Android while driving among idiots is a handful.
Sponsored