Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I did a lot of first(s) with the car today.

1. Had the MGW shifter installed.......great difference.
2. Drove it for 2 hours straight in rain.
3. Parked it outside overnight for the first time.
4. Drove it in Normal mode for over 4 hours.
5. Put 400 miles on it in 4 days.
I just had my car outside overnight for the first time 2 nights in a row a couple nights ago. Needed the garage space for stain and finish to dry on a project. I didn't sleep as well both nights. Last night the car was safe in the garage and I left the electric heater on to show it some love and I slept a ton better.
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
and I left the electric heater on to show it some love and I slept a ton better.
until the fumes ignite and you have neither hearth nor horse... Consider it a preview of EV ownership. :)

I grew up with cars living permanently outside and anyway I have vastly more useful persuits for the garage space than wasting it on a car to just sit there.

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
the manumatic got an update - dual switch sideplate.
added a connector and fished down between seats for easy acccess to continue or remove.
do yourself a HUGE favor if ever pulling up your shift trim plate. lightly grease the retainer clips.
came close to damaging it ... well wrecking it pulling it out. Was able to epoxy the boot material frame back to the chrome plastic frame. if they were lubed it would have popped right out.

OEM use is for up/down shifting ... however they are just momentary switches.
One will parallel the traction control button - the other I'm hoping to use to toggle acive exhaust for quiet/normal.

Older ford version (circa 2016) used a non ford solenoid that just used a momentary ground on the trigger wire to flip the valve position.

hoping this is the case with the current Act Exh. anyone know?

mum.jpg

con.jpg

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
so what do you tap into to get 'paddle shifter'-like functionality out of the buttons?

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
you'd have to run a couple pairs of wires to tap into the steering wheel harness. They are momentary buttons as well, so just parallel 'em. Not at the switchs on the wheel, but somewhere down the harness easier to acess. would have to probe the wires, or find a color chart to locate.

JnBama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced the left rear center cap the little pony was missing. Used a small taped screw driver to pop out and rubber mallet to tap in.

20220121_140530 caps.jpg

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
lol that's too funny and to top it off mine was parked outside of a hotel...but at least the area was nice.

I just had my car outside overnight for the first time 2 nights in a row a couple nights ago. Needed the garage space for stain and finish to dry on a project. I didn't sleep as well both nights. Last night the car was safe in the garage and I left the electric heater on to show it some love and I slept a ton better.

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
lol that's too funny and to top it off mine was parked outside of a hotel...but at least the area was nice.
Hotel/motel parking is stressful as F. I just expect problems. Peaking out the window into the parking lot every time you get up to pee.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The worst is a car alarm went off in the middle of the night. It wasn't my car...but I got dressed, and went outside to check just in case. I must have hit the lock button 10 times that night lol

Hotel/motel parking is stressful as F. I just expect problems. Peaking out the window into the parking lot every time you get up to pee.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
The worst is a car alarm went off in the middle of the night. It wasn't my car...but I got dressed, and went outside to check just in case. I must have hit the lock button 10 times that night lol
I drive between NJ and FL a lot on 95. So many seedy little stops and it's always a cast of characters roaming. I sometimes just prefer to recline in a rest area with a shade or towel in the window to block out the light. Me and my Stang just nighty night. No problems but a stiff back.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
lol, I remember those days. The hotel was nice but interestingly as soon as I parked some guy walked up from nowhere and said nice car......and followed that up with do you have money so I can get something to eat.

I drive between NJ and FL a lot on 95. So many seedy little stops and it's always a cast of characters roaming. I sometimes just prefer to recline in a rest area with a shade or towel in the window to block out the light. Me and my Stang just nighty night. No problems but a stiff back.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
the manumatic got an update - dual switch sideplate.
added a connector and fished down between seats for easy acccess to continue or remove.
do yourself a HUGE favor if ever pulling up your shift trim plate. lightly grease the retainer clips.
came close to damaging it ... well wrecking it pulling it out. Was able to epoxy the boot material frame back to the chrome plastic frame. if they were lubed it would have popped right out.

One will parallel the traction control button - the other I'm hoping to use to toggle acive exhaust for quiet/normal.

Older ford version (circa 2016) used a non ford solenoid that just used a momentary ground on the trigger wire to flip the valve position.

hoping this is the case with the current Act Exh. anyone know?

mum.jpg

con.jpg
Active exhaust valves are controlled via PWM, a momentary switch will not adjust it unfortunately...
Sponsored