Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Installed my new wheel

25866311727_de2222fd10_z.jpg
I think we have the same wheel, Mike. The SVE X550?

I really like mine. :cheers:
Sponsored

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Nope, DCTMS wheel for me. Got it as part of the group buy. Blue stitching for my Lighting Blue. Next up will be addressing that shift knob.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Got this in the mail :D Now the only thing I need is my quickjack to arrive next week and start installing this baby! :headbang:
Just off topic for a sec... :D

Can you post up a new thread with a review in the Lounge on here of your Quick Jack once you get it and use it?

Which model did you end up buying?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Nope, DCTMS wheel for me. Got it as part of the group buy. Blue stitching for my Lighting Blue. Next up will be addressing that shift knob.
Interesting. They look very similar. Your’s appears to be leather all around, while the SVE has alcantara top and bottom.

Anyway, your’s looks good. Enjoy. :cheers:
9E82BD06-9966-40ED-855B-CF3E7E9EE93D.jpeg

Sponsored

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Side splitters and side scoops installed this weekend. I have black pony emblem to install but not as easy as I thought to install. Plastic under hood latch blocking access and can’t fit hand even loosening radiator supports. Not feeling like pulling bumper off to install right now.

742011D1-2A08-49B2-B327-064209EF61ED.jpg

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Side splitters and side scoops installed this weekend. I have black pony emblem to install but not as easy as I thought to install. Plastic under hood latch blocking access and can’t fit hand even loosening radiator supports. Not feeling like pulling bumper off to install right now.

742011D1-2A08-49B2-B327-064209EF61ED.jpg
Mark the outline of the hood latch with a soft pencil then remove the hood latch. Reach down and break off the badge tabs then reinstall the latch.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Mark the outline of the hood latch with a soft pencil then remove the hood latch. Reach down and break off the badge tabs then reinstall the latch.
There is no opening under my latch. Not sure if it changed in 18 or if different on PP2. Solid plastic under latch.

JKMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
Interesting. They look very similar. Your’s appears to be leather all around, while the SVE has alcantara top and bottom.

Anyway, your’s looks good. Enjoy. :cheers:
Thanks. Yes, leather all around. I was debating the GT350 wheel with the alcantara but didn't want any issues with wear. My friend has a '13 Boss, and has found his alcantara wearing out a bit.

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is no opening under my latch. Not sure if it changed in 18 or if different on PP2. Solid plastic under latch.
oops, remove the radiator cover, then the hood latch, sorry

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

[ame]

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for sharing, this is video I used to look it up as well. but I removed radiator cover, after doing that I noticed that taking out the hood latch would still not leave me with any opening to get my hand into. My car is not built like this video, there is no opening under the latch, it's solid plastic under it, no opening for your hand. If you go to 2:05 of that video, that big opening left by removing latch, I don't have that. It is closed off completely. I put radiator cover back on and called it a night after I tried the other method I've seen of removing radiator bracket bolts and pushing radiator forward, but not enough room for my hand, probably less than an inch of opening when I push forward.

Check out 1:40 on this video, you'll see that they changed it. I can't do his method either because I have another cooler in front of radiator that makes almost no clearance. Just didn't feel like doing the harder method and don't really want those clips to fall down in there if I just pry from front, the new one had adhesive that I have.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]kfgHu1uCVK8[/MEDIA]"]

Last edited:

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Thanks for sharing, this is video I used to look it up as well. but I removed radiator cover, after doing that I noticed that taking out the hood latch would still not leave me with any opening to get my hand into. My car is not built like this video, there is no opening under the latch, it's solid plastic under it, no opening for your hand. If you go to 2:05 of that video, that big opening left by removing latch, I don't have that. It is closed off completely. I put radiator cover back on and called it a night after I tried the other method I've seen of removing radiator bracket bolts and pushing radiator forward, but not enough room for my hand, probably less than an inch of opening when I push forward.

Check out 1:40 on this video, you'll see that they changed it. I can't do his method either because I have another cooler in front of radiator that makes almost no clearance. Just didn't feel like doing the harder method and don't really want those clips to fall down in there if I just pry from front, the new one had adhesive that I have.
I reached out to another vendor about the install on the 2018 and here it what I was provided with:

We have done one on a GT. Remove the plastic cover and then the bolts across the top of the bumper (don't have to remove anything). Lift top edge of the front bumper up enough to slid your hand down to the emblem, works best if you have small hands. It's a tight fit but easier than removing more parts. Once emblem is removed the install is the same as a 2015-17. It's a pain, easy to damage more parts and possible to hurt fingers - so we do not plan to list that it fits on our web site.
When I asked if the plastic cover he was talking about is the one around the hood latch and radiator I was told, "Correct."

I have not looked at it close enough to see how the above directions would work. Plan on doing that in the next few days.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
If I could simply pry under the edge of the stock emblem and break the tabs without damaging anything I would. I have the emblem with the 3M tape so I don't need to gain access to the back side to put the clips on the new emblem.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
If I could simply pry under the edge of the stock emblem and break the tabs without damaging anything I would. I have the emblem with the 3M tape so I don't need to gain access to the back side to put the clips on the new emblem.
I will have to post pics sometime, I think what they mean is to remove the bolts holding top of fascia as removing the cover alone grants you no access. I would pry off but there is nowhere for the clips to fall through as it’s all covered and if they are galvanized and get up against the radiator, it will cause corrosion. I need smaller hands and arms.
Sponsored