Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
Here is a question for people who have taken out the sound tube. Did anyone also have the performance pack with the K brace and the Strut tower brace? I legitimately couldn't even see the bolt.

I was thinking maybe I could have luck jacking the front up on some ramps and coming from below. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yep. I just yanked mine out. I'm never putting it back, so I was not concerned about breaking the tab.

Here is a question for people who have taken out the sound tube. Did anyone also have the performance pack with the K brace and the Strut tower brace? I legitimately couldn't even see the bolt.

I was thinking maybe I could have luck jacking the front up on some ramps and coming from below. Any thoughts?

tomnelsonii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GTPP

I just deleted mine over the weekend. I removed the strut tower brace and still was having a bitch of a time getting to the bolt. In the process I was pushing the tube up and over the motor to make room and it just popped right off. The tab didn't even break. There is a rubber grommet in between the tab on the sound tub and the bolt on the firewall and mine just came loose without even trying. I decided to just leave the bolt and the grommet on the stud on the firewall. I need to have my girlfriend see if she can reach her hand down in there to put the plug in the hole in the firewall yet.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I honestly think my tab just stretched a bit, now that I think about it. It is hard to say for sure though, as I immediately threw the tube into the dumpster.

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
It honestly made it harder for me. I guess I'm used to blipping and feathering the gas as you let out the clutch to prevent roll backs on hills. With the hill assist, it was causing me to almost stall out. I just didn't find it helpful at all.
I have the same problem with it. It does work great on inclines, but I have to remember that it holds the car, then adjust my releasing the clutch.

Sponsored

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
The sound tube is a plastic piece that goes from the intake to the firewall. It is supposed to carry some cool engine noise into the cabin so that you get more sound while you're driving.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Stupid question: What is the sound tube or what is its purpose?
A small tube from the intake to the firewall. Pipes in induction noise from the engine into the cabin. Works pretty well. People are removing it because they went with an aftermarket intake, think it looks ugly under the hood or are against "enhanced" sound.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
For those of you that removed the sound tube. Did you notice any difference in sound at all? I rode in a friends GT without the sound tube and I couldnt tell.

AttiS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
For those of you that removed the sound tube. Did you notice any difference in sound at all? I rode in a friends GT without the sound tube and I couldnt tell.
Not an answer to your questions BUT I feel like I hear noise from my soundtube constantly, just a slight quiet sound - hard to describe, almost like a whistling type noise. I imagine it would go away if I were to take it out.

Sponsored

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Slapped the 19" PP wheels on my GT. Sorry for the sucky pic.

5ma1hv.jpg

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Finally got around to installing my FRPP oil separator. I like the OEM look of it.

2aadf9v.jpg
Nice! Been thinking about getting one myself. Does it mount anywhere or is it just kinda free floating where it is? How do you empty anyways? Unsbolt the top cover and siphon out the oil?

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
First time hitting a curb in the S550 today. Nothing happened thanks to the 50 series tires :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Installed squeaky, dusty G-LOC R12/R10 track pads on my S550' and managed to put a $833 gouge in my hood from closing the garage door with the hood open. Doh!

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Today I added the Steeda Progressive springs & the rear subframe alignment kit. I am now done for this year.
Sponsored