What did you do to your Mach 1 today

BossPapa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1971 Boss 351 Mustang, 2019 F-250
It’s why I haven’t gotten a plate here for the Mustang or M1. I got one for the BMW but it just takes two damn long and you can’t check to see if something is available online anymore. Complete bullshit since Covid.
You should give it another try as I did my M1 recently and found the online process pretty simple, however it took almost 4 months to actually receive them. I have a FJG so got the black plate with MACHOUT 😎
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Here in Ohio, once you go to the DMV and place your order for a plate, you get a temp tag with what you ordered right then and there, about a week to a week and a half later the actual plate shows up in your mailbox. I couldn't imagine having to wait four months or more to get my plate.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Here in Ohio, once you go to the DMV and place your order for a plate, you get a temp tag with what you ordered right then and there, about a week to a week and a half later the actual plate shows up in your mailbox. I couldn't imagine having to wait four months or more to get my plate.
It took me about eight months, I had to get three extensions I think before I finally received my plates.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever figure this noise out?

I ask because I had a knock I felt on the front right when I hit a square edged bump which I solved.

When I had the car up on the lift doing some other work I discovered that the brace to the right side oil cooler was missing the captive nut for the bolt. At the factory they had basically stuck the bolt in upside down to hold it, but without the captive nut it was just knocking up and down against the frame rail. You might want to check that out.
No, I still haven’t found it and it constantly annoys me. This weekend I was tightening the nuts on the top of the shock which weren’t lose.
Thank you so much for this advice!
It’s definitely in the front.
Can you be more specific to where this is so I can check it out? I’ll use my new race ramps!
Pic attached

IMG_4080.png

Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
No, I still haven’t found it and it constantly annoys me. This weekend I was tightening the nuts on the top of the shock which weren’t lose.
Thank you so much for this advice!
It’s definitely in the front.
Can you be more specific to where this is so I can check it out? I’ll use my new race ramps!
Pic attached

IMG_4080.png
It’s the lower brace bolt for the oil cooler. You’re gonna need to get in under the belly pan or in from the wheel well liner. It was this bolt but on the passenger side cooler. It’s a long shot, but worth a try.

IMG_0594.jpeg

Here’s another picture showing the brace:

IMG_1238.jpeg

Last edited:

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
It’s the lower brace bolt for the oil cooler. You’re gonna need to get in under the belly pan or in from the wheel well liner. It was this bolt but on the passenger side cooler. It’s a long shot, but worth a try.

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg
Definitely worth checking .
Much appreciated

Dler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Looks good! Any leaks from the sight glass on tge expansion tank? I have one NIB I haven’t installed due to reports of leaks. Not sure if it’s a rare occurance or legit problem.
I installed the updated version with a new style sight glass…..like you, I read about too many people having issues with the old style sight glass leaking.

IMG_4699.jpeg

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Steeda full length jacking rails. I don't need them at home, but it sure makes it easier if I ever have to use a floor jack.
20240316_122603.jpg
20240316_150213.jpg

I also installed their clutch assist spring. The clutch is firmer, but the big improvement is that it is much more linear and not as sterile feeling as the factory spring.
Great choices! We appeciate your support :)

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Finally had a chance today to drive through a local canyon with my new Steeda IRS supports. Mmm mmm good!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_1238.jpeg
Out of curiosity, how many miles did you have when you started hearing it?

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Out of curiosity, how many miles did you have once you started hearing it?
Can’t remember, but it was pretty early on. Remember this nut was never actually installed. Some lazy Ford builder guy had just put the bolt in upside down to hold the brace.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Can’t remember, but it was pretty early on. Remember this nut was never actually installed. Some lazy Ford builder guy had just put the bolt in upside down to hold the brace.
Ok, makes sense. I’m still planning on taking the belly pan off and looking around .
I’ve got 22k miles so maybe something like that bolt loosened up. Just rackin my brain on it.. lol
Thanks again
Sponsored