2018 Shelby GT350

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
Installed a set of 4 black aluminum alloy Stealth Lift Pads from ZL-1 Add-Ons on each of the 4 jacking points around the car. Applied blue LocTite to the 2 screws on each pad to ensure they wouldn't loosen up over time.

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Hoping to eventually go that route as well sometime in the future. The one thing that makes we wonder if I will regret selling my GT350 is the exhaust sound. The Voodoo screaming at 8K RPM just canā€™t be beat not to mention the pops and crackles when you let off the gas, just glorious.....

Sponsored

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Nice! Hoping to eventually go that route as well sometime in the future. The one thing that makes we wonder if I will regret selling my GT350 is the exhaust sound. The Voodoo screaming at 8K RPM just canā€™t be beat not to mention the pops and crackles when you let off the gas, just glorious.....
TOTALLY AGREE! I was going to keep both but don't have the room. Gotta have a V8, and the GT350 OEM exhaust is one of the best I've ever heard, if not THE best.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Couple of things. Installed a set of FP lowering springs and put these hydro dipped coil covers on to dress up under the hood a bit.

46C51516-6A81-47B3-AEE6-5B2A6209FF0C.jpeg

B53967E7-BF45-4EDE-A1F0-FF3127E1BF6D.jpeg
The ride height looks great. I've been thinking about springs. Have they given you a more hunkered/glued down feeling? Feel more stiff in normal mode?

Fambreezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT-350
The ride height looks great. I've been thinking about springs. Have they given you a more hunkered/glued down feeling? Feel more stiff in normal mode?
I felt an immediate improvement in ride quality. The dual rate rear spring do a lot to absorb road imperfections and bumps. The car feels more planted through high speed turns. I have to take some two lane backroads to get home and this car just comes alive while changing direction. There is a good reason why all the cars at the ford performance school runs these springs. Splitter is sitting right at 4 inches off the ground so it is back to where the car sat stock on the 19ā€™s. To be perfectly honest I would have liked to see the car be 1/4 inch lower but I think it looks great and the handling and feel is improved so Iā€™m happy with them. I think it will be even better once I get the alignment dialed in on Friday.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I felt an immediate improvement in ride quality. The dual rate rear spring do a lot to absorb road imperfections and bumps. The car feels more planted through high speed turns. I have to take some two lane backroads to get home and this car just comes alive while changing direction. There is a good reason why all the cars at the ford performance school runs these springs. Splitter is sitting right at 4 inches off the ground so it is back to where the car sat stock on the 19ā€™s. To be perfectly honest I would have liked to see the car be 1/4 inch lower but I think it looks great and the handling and feel is improved so Iā€™m happy with them. I think it will be even better once I get the alignment dialed in on Friday.
I didn't know FP school ran the springs. Thank you for the review. I'll be ordering some!

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The Mustang Gtā€™s at the school have Fordā€™s full suspension packs. Not the 350ā€™s, there bone stock.

I didn't know FP school ran the springs. Thank you for the review. I'll be ordering some!

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I was unaware that the FP school utilized those springs. Where did you get the coil covers, and what wheel size are you running? I'm assuming a square 20" setup?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I was unaware that the FP school utilized those springs. Where did you get the coil covers, and what wheel size are you running? I'm assuming a square 20" setup?
The FP school does not use Ford Racing springs.

Deadly0ne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
The FP school does not use Ford Racing springs.
Thanks for the clarification. I assume they use the stock springs? The description of the FP springs says that they "increase handling dynamics yet maintains excellent ride quality", then go on to state that they "may cause slightly harsher ride when compared to stock springs"šŸ˜‚

I'm assuming the real value is from the lowered look, and not so much so any handling improvements?

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks for the clarification. I assume they use the stock springs? The description of the FP springs says that they "increase handling dynamics yet maintains excellent ride quality", then go on to state that they "may cause slightly harsher ride when compared to stock springs"šŸ˜‚

I'm assuming the real value is from the lowered look, and not so much so any handling improvements?
Definitely handling improvmeents when paired with their matching swaybars. I have the setup on my car and it's a step up from stock
Sponsored