John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Agree but I went further and did complete Steeda upgrade and it really makes a difference

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Yes, the WC one essentially moved to the Wegman’s on 29 parking lot.
You mean the one in Providence Town Center in Collegeville?

I work across the street, heh.

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Intalled a Raceseng shift knob:
http://www.raceseng.com/ashiko-big-bore-texture-gate-1-m10x1-25mm-shifter-arm

I've seen a number of posts emphasizing the difficulty of removing the OEM knob. I was concerned about that as I wanted to keep the OEM knob unspoiled but I had no issues (luckily). Two hands and a very solid pull ccw and it broke free. Part of that concern was that Ford would be using a thread-locker compound but the OEM knob had a white/yellow adhesive (it's still gummy), which made it fairly easy to remove. I like the OEM knob and would have no issue with it day-to-day, but I have big paws and this one with the extra weight and size gives me a smoother more deliberate shifting feel. I purchased the black textured knob as I felt it was closest in flat black color to the OEM knob (it is).
IMG_8767.jpg
IMG_8775.jpg
IMG_8779.jpg
IMG_8773.jpg

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
^I like it! I like my heavier MGW one as well, but I forgot how hot they can get sitting the sun.

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
^I like it! I like my heavier MGW one as well, but I forgot how hot they can get sitting the sun.
Pics of MGW?
Seriously considering this as my next purchase.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Pics of MGW?
Seriously considering this as my next purchase.
I can take a picture of it later, but here is their website with some pics. Mine is the basic Cobra one, but with a reverse color scheme (dark background/light Cobra).

I'm always cautious about products that seem to get too much hype etc, but this is one I really don't think you can go wrong with. Especially now that I went with Amsoil fluid over the stock Ford stuff. It is much smoother now, especially when it is cold.

https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs

Edit: A better page to view them.

https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/knobs/gripper

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I want to try one of Raceseng's heavy knobs for my car and see if it helps smooth out the shifting, in particular my 1-2 shift is super notchy and unpleasant even after swapping to better fluid.

You mean the one in Providence Town Center in Collegeville?

I work across the street, heh.
Nah, the Wegmans in Malvern is where the C&C is.

The Providence Town Center is on my daily commute though, The parking lot is way too busy for a C&C now that it's full of stores. When it was just Wegmans, Best Buy, and some other odds and ends it was practically deserted!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I want to try one of Raceseng's heavy knobs for my car and see if it helps smooth out the shifting, in particular my 1-2 shift is super notchy and unpleasant even after swapping to better fluid.
Do you still have the stock shifter and what fluid did you switch to?

My 1-2 was pretty bad when cold and hit or miss when warm. Also 2-3 was notchy sometimes.

After 1000 miles or so with the MGW and the switch to Amsoil it is really nice now.

Sponsored

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350

My 1-2 was pretty bad when cold and hit or miss when warm. Also 2-3 was notchy sometimes.

After 1000 miles or so with the MGW and the switch to Amsoil it is really nice now.
Hey, bro. Which AMSOIL product did you use for your transmission again?

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Interesting my 1 t o 2 is terrible when cold unless im at 4K!! HMM MGW might be worth it for that alone.

tom185

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

That was something I wanted to see also and I think it may be what you're looking for. I also have the 1-2 notchiness, though I'm noticing it smoothing out little by little as I put more miles on the car. There is an improvement regarding that issue with the new knob though. The best way I can explain it is with the OEM knob the notches that I would feel were what I would call "sharp". Like I was scraping through the gates. With the Racseng and its big mass that totally changes that 1-2 feel from sharp to "soft" or smooth(er) as you shift. It still catches a bit in the gate but it feels much less of a catch and also feels much smoother going from gear to gear. It definitely shifts with much more authority, just by the sheer mass of it.