Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
You went from the automotive version of novocain straight to cocaine!
Hahaha exactly. Now that I'm in my mid 30s I appreciate the novocain on some days.......but today was not that day.
Sponsored

G8rbcn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & Audi A5 SB (RIP 2020 Explorer)
Pushed her hard at JZilla Friendsgiving at Barber Motorsports Park. Frigid start, but turned into beautiful day. Last track day until Spring. First track day with my new Schroth harness. One of my favorite mods.

Fambreezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT-350
Installed the Mishimoto overflow coolant tank. This looks so much better than that plastic bubble that comes stock.
Also did a resonator delete. I went with the Corsa double helix x-pipe and I’m very happy with the way the car sounds now. Would highly recommend it.

25513131-B36D-493A-9984-11518A58D163.jpeg

Sponsored

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Installed the Mishimoto overflow coolant tank. This looks so much better than that plastic bubble that comes stock.
Also did a resonator delete. I went with the Corsa double helix x-pipe and I’m very happy with the way the car sounds now. Would highly recommend it.

25513131-B36D-493A-9984-11518A58D163.jpeg
How does the res delete change the overrall characteristic of the exhaust? I thought about going to a shop and having them remove resonators and just weld in a standard pipe in its place.

Fambreezy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT-350
How does the res delete change the overrall characteristic of the exhaust? I thought about going to a shop and having them remove resonators and just weld in a standard pipe in its place.
So for the Corsa… It’s 15% louder on startup. The tone is sharper more crisp. At low rpm it’s close to stock you get above 3k and sound volume really picks up, I’d guess 20% louder and the sound carries further. Significantly louder under hard acceleration. Rev matches sound fantastic. You get slightly more burbles and louder pops on deceleration (nothing like some of these cars with long tubes that crackle and pop for 10 seconds) and even get some solid pops when shifting more aggressively.
Over all the whole experience is better. No drone at all either. I’m glad I did it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Pushed her hard at JZilla Friendsgiving at Barber Motorsports Park. Frigid start, but turned into beautiful day. Last track day until Spring. First track day with my new Schroth harness. One of my favorite mods.
I have the heated and cooled leather seats in my 2019. Would this harness setup work with the leather seats? If yes, can you send me a link to what you purchased? Looking at adding some additional sturdiness for next track season!

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Was about 50 degrees today and decided to finally put some Stabil in it. It was already put away for the winter.

But just noticed the mileage exactly at 17,500. I couldn't even plan that 😂

Screenshot_20221126-163147.png

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Brought mine to the dealer today to confirm excessive oil consumption. Dealer called and stated it was definitely consuming a ton. Engine tear down starts next week with replacement approval from Ford hopefully coming next week as well. Can't wait to have it back hopefully with a brand new engine!

Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Brought mine to the dealer today to confirm excessive oil consumption. Dealer called and stated it was definitely consuming a ton. Engine tear down starts next week with replacement approval from Ford hopefully coming next week as well. Can't wait to have it back hopefully with a brand new engine!
How many miles on your 17 GT350? Do you have an extended warranty on the car?

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
How many miles on your 17 GT350? Do you have an extended warranty on the car?
13,500. It's still under its factory powertrain warranty. It's in-service date was June of 2018 so its still on the original 5/60k. It does also have a Ford factory extended warranty as well.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
13,500. It's still under its factory powertrain warranty. It's in-service date was June of 2018 so its still on the original 5/60k. It does also have a Ford factory extended warranty as well.
I just picked up a 2017 with 8k on the clock and immidiately got the Lombard extended for 3 years/30k. Glad I did. I've put 1000 miles on her and oil is still at upper hash mark so that is good. I'm curious, how did dealer confirm the oil consumption? Did you take notes and give to them or have they been driving her around? Curious if I ever have to go down this path! Keep us updated...

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I just picked up a 2017 with 8k on the clock and immidiately got the Lombard extended for 3 years/30k. Glad I did. I've put 1000 miles on her and oil is still at upper hash mark so that is good. I'm curious, how did dealer confirm the oil consumption? Did you take notes and give to them or have they been driving her around? Curious if I ever have to go down this path! Keep us updated...
Long story with how this dealership originally mishandled the testing procedure along with a bunch of ridiculous excuses from the service advisor that I"ll spare everyone for now, but they changed the oil and marked the dipstick where it was full, then asked me to drive it 500 miles or less and bring it back. I did so and it basically wasn't even registering oil on the dipstick because it consumed so much. Exhaust tips were caked over in heavy black soot after 100-150 miles of driving and my garage wall where I park my car has black soot spots all over it from where I start it up. They called to say that it was in fact very low as suspected by me originally, and they are beginning their deeper testing process (assuming a compression and leakdown test) and engine tear down this coming week and will be submitting the results to Ford for approval for an engine change likely at the end of this coming week.

The service advisor I dealt with is not my favorite and once this is done I likely will never go back to this dealership again (he made sure to inform me 3-4 times on our phone call that if they tear this engine down and find nothing wrong internally that I'll owe them for 25 hours of labor for the process. Which I get, but the tone they took as though I'm still somehow making this up after it ate through 2+ quarts of oil in basically 300 miles of commuting didn't necessarily make this a tolerable experience). They weren't bad at the start of this and have progressively tried to feed me more and more BS until I got the service manager involved.
Sponsored