What did you do to your GT350 today?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Pretty car. If you do paint the calipers take them off the car to do it. Turns out a lot better.

Did PPF, 20% tint, and Ceramic Coating. First time doing ceramic on a car...pretty cool. Paint feels slick and dirt just runs off. Thinking about painting calipers either red or silver to match stripes.

qEDd3yE.jpg

2NnwAe1.jpg

WVzMYOh.jpg
Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Long story with how this dealership originally mishandled the testing procedure along with a bunch of ridiculous excuses from the service advisor that I"ll spare everyone for now, but they changed the oil and marked the dipstick where it was full, then asked me to drive it 500 miles or less and bring it back. I did so and it basically wasn't even registering oil on the dipstick because it consumed so much. Exhaust tips were caked over in heavy black soot after 100-150 miles of driving and my garage wall where I park my car has black soot spots all over it from where I start it up. They called to say that it was in fact very low as suspected by me originally, and they are beginning their deeper testing process (assuming a compression and leakdown test) and engine tear down this coming week and will be submitting the results to Ford for approval for an engine change likely at the end of this coming week.

The service advisor I dealt with is not my favorite and once this is done I likely will never go back to this dealership again (he made sure to inform me 3-4 times on our phone call that if they tear this engine down and find nothing wrong internally that I'll owe them for 25 hours of labor for the process. Which I get, but the tone they took as though I'm still somehow making this up after it ate through 2+ quarts of oil in basically 300 miles of commuting didn't necessarily make this a tolerable experience). They weren't bad at the start of this and have progressively tried to feed me more and more BS until I got the service manager involved.
Sorry you had/have to go through that.
I seriously doubt you would have had to pay anything for the tear down if they found nothing. Blowhard service advisor who is more concerned about making a buck vs taking care of his customer. Don’t know what Fords policy is but dealerships can get burned by the parent company in cases like this. Example is parent company giving 5 hours for a ten hour job thats under warranty.
UNDER WARRANTY…..Dealership did an oil consumption test that proved to them consumption was excessive. Ford said tear it down, that is the definition of warranty work.

knighthawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch / 2017 GT350
Sorry you had/have to go through that.
I seriously doubt you would have had to pay anything for the tear down if they found nothing. Blowhard service advisor who is more concerned about making a buck vs taking care of his customer. Don’t know what Fords policy is but dealerships can get burned by the parent company in cases like this. Example is parent company giving 5 hours for a ten hour job thats under warranty.
UNDER WARRANTY…..Dealership did an oil consumption test that proved to them consumption was excessive. Ford said tear it down, that is the definition of warranty work.
Yeah that's how I felt too. I'm sure with it consuming as much as it has, when they crack this thing open it's going to be blatantly obvious that something is amiss and it'll be covered but I just found it odd in the moment that he told me several times. I doubt it'll come down to that and I'm just looking forward to my new Gen 2 engine!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Completed my Garage organizing and final install of remaining slat wall and accessories. Also had a direct drive opener installed on the third stall which did not have any opener. Had to go direct drive due to location of heater on ceiling. Also had a ceiling fan installed for air circulation in summer and a drying aid for the floor in winter.
20221204_233310934_iOS.jpg
20221204_233254729_iOS.jpg
20221204_232745453_iOS.jpg
20221204_232941504_iOS.jpg
20221204_232825073_iOS.jpg
20221204_233051000_iOS.jpg
20221204_233504303_iOS.jpg

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The jackshaft opener are really nice. Nice upgrade.

Completed my Garage organizing and final install of remaining slat wall and accessories. Also had a direct drive opener installed on the third stall which did not have any opener. Had to go direct drive due to location of heater on ceiling. Also had a ceiling fan installed for air circulation in summer and a drying aid for the floor in winter.
20221204_233310934_iOS.jpg
20221204_233254729_iOS.jpg
20221204_232745453_iOS.jpg
20221204_232941504_iOS.jpg
20221204_232825073_iOS.jpg
20221204_233051000_iOS.jpg
20221204_233504303_iOS.jpg

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my wheel dollies from Summit Racing for the first time. I purchased them last year, but was unable to get the space and time to make it happen.
They are very solid units; I did have to go back and tighten the connecting bolts on the cylinder units as I did not have them torqued down enough. Now that I have this in place I can move the Shelby to the center section of the garage and actually get access to the trunk and open the drivers side door all the way. I have several maintenance projects to do this winter.
20221204_233210611_iOS.jpg
20221204_233220099_iOS.jpg
20221204_233229313_iOS.jpg

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Did PPF, 20% tint, and Ceramic Coating. First time doing ceramic on a car...pretty cool. Paint feels slick and dirt just runs off. Thinking about painting calipers either red or silver to match stripes.

qEDd3yE.jpg

2NnwAe1.jpg

WVzMYOh.jpg
you wont regret the ceramic coating. It's golden...

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The jackshaft opener are really nice. Nice upgrade.
thanks, actually had a few issues with the install as they did not send out a senior tech the first time. Had to make 3 trips to get it right, but man are these new openers quiet!

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
thanks, actually had a few issues with the install as they did not send out a senior tech the first time. Had to make 3 trips to get it right, but man are these new openers quiet!
Lorne, the garage looks amazing! We just had a new unit installed and its amazing how much quieter it is than our old chain drive.

It was 71 here in Georgia yesterday so of course I took the Shelby out for 3 hours. It rained and the ceramic coating is really cool. You can watch it bead off...also when you touch it the paint/pff feels SLICK. I'm really digging it and feel like cleaning will be a breeze.

I see SuperSports on your 350. Mine came on PZeros that are pretty garbarge. Would you recommend the SuperSports or Cup 2 for the street?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Lorne, the garage looks amazing! We just had a new unit installed and its amazing how much quieter it is than our old chain drive.

It was 71 here in Georgia yesterday so of course I took the Shelby out for 3 hours. It rained and the ceramic coating is really cool. You can watch it bead off...also when you touch it the paint/pff feels SLICK. I'm really digging it and feel like cleaning will be a breeze.

I see SuperSports on your 350. Mine came on PZeros that are pretty garbarge. Would you recommend the SuperSports or Cup 2 for the street?
Thanks.. I am really happy with how the slatwall and cabinets turned out!
The ceramic coating is a game changer for sure, this is the third vehicle i've had it on and wouldn't go without it. i've had everything from dusty/rainy mountain runs in TN to 3 day track events and it cleans up like a champ!
Mine is a 2019 which I purchased with 1500 miles on the odometer. It came stock with the Cup 2's which I was very frustrated about. The Cup 2's are not a great street tire, more tramlining than the super sports, sticky to the point of spitting up every rock on the back panels, short tread life, and sketchy in the rain.
I get Ford putting the Cup 2's on the R model as it is more of a dedicated track focused vehicle, but I feel they did the regular 350 owners a disservice by switching to the cup 2's in 2019 vs the MPSS.
It was like the stock exhaust on the 2015 GT all over again.... if you recall everybody and their brother was switching out the stock exhaust on the GT's because they were so quiet. Same thing happened to the 2019/2020 for the most part guys pulled the cup 2's.
Even as a track tire they are done within a few track days. Fortunately I was able to sell mine and switch to the MPSS which were oem stock on the 2015-2018 GT350.
My last gripe is that the MPSS are slated to be discontinued and Michelin refuses to make the MPSS 4S model (replacement for the mpss) in the oem sizing. You can come close but they do not have a 35 height, so you end up with a lower tire and more chance of scraping the splitter.
I've got almost 10k on my MPSS and they are holding up great! I've pretty much decided that I will be purchasing the Michelin 4S tire as a replacement. It is a great tire, just wish they would produce it in the stock 295&305/35/19 sizing.
sorry for the long dissertation... LOL

Last edited:

Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed my wheel dollies from Summit Racing for the first time. I purchased them last year, but was unable to get the space and time to make it happen.
They are very solid units; I did have to go back and tighten the connecting bolts on the cylinder units as I did not have them torqued down enough. Now that I have this in place I can move the Shelby to the center section of the garage and actually get access to the trunk and open the drivers side door all the way. I have several maintenance projects to do this winter.
20221204_233210611_iOS.jpg
20221204_233220099_iOS.jpg
20221204_233229313_iOS.jpg
Thanks for sharing this. I think I'm going to pick me up some!

brokenblinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2012 Leaf daily
Sold it! Very sad to see it go, but want to get deep into tracking, and I wouldn't have been able to afford it with this car.

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Thanks.. I am really happy with how the slatwall and cabinets turned out!
The ceramic coating is a game changer for sure, this is the third vehicle i've had it on and wouldn't go without it. i've had everything from dusty/rainy mountain runs in TN to 3 day track events and it cleans up like a champ!
Mine is a 2019 which I purchased with 1500 miles on the odometer. It came stock with the Cup 2's which I was very frustrated about. The Cup 2's are not a great street tire, more tramlining than the super sports, sticky to the point of spitting up every rock on the back panels, short tread life, and sketchy in the rain.
I get Ford putting the Cup 2's on the R model as it is more of a dedicated track focused vehicle, but I feel they did the regular 350 owners a disservice by switching to the cup 2's in 2019 vs the MPSS.
It was like the stock exhaust on the 2015 GT all over again.... if you recall everybody and their brother was switching out the stock exhaust on the GT's because they were so quiet. Same thing happened to the 2019/2020 for the most part guys pulled the cup 2's.
Even as a track tire they are done within a few track days. Fortunately I was able to sell mine and switch to the MPSS which were oem stock on the 2015-2018 GT350.
My last gripe is that the MPSS are slated to be discontinued and Michelin refuses to make the MPSS 4S model (replacement for the mpss) in the oem sizing. You can come close but they do not have a 35 height, so you end up with a lower tire and more chance of scraping the splitter.
I've got almost 10k on my MPSS and they are holding up great! I've pretty much decided that I will be purchasing the Michelin 4S tire as a replacement. It is a great tire, just wish they would produce it in the stock 295&305/35/19 sizing.
sorry for the long dissertation... LOL
Appreciate the thorough reply! I am deciding between MPSS or Cup 2s at the moment. Leaning towards Super Sports as it will see street driving more often than track.

I am in Georgia - would love to join some folks on a mountain run!

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the thorough reply! I am deciding between MPSS or Cup 2s at the moment. Leaning towards Super Sports as it will see street driving more often than track.

I am in Georgia - would love to join some folks on a mountain run!
The super sports are great, just don't know how long they are going to be around. The 4s is definitely a step up and a more comfortable tire, especially for tramlining which I still get with the MPSS. But either way you are getting a great tire.
Here is the link to the group I run with. Steve Sprangler is a good guy. If you end up contacting him let him know I sent you.
Lorne
https://redmirrorevents.com/

Cavdiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350. 87 T-top Fox . 2019 Raptor
Cars are officially resting for the winter. We now have snow...

IMG_20221114_060214338.jpg

IMG_20221112_052723878.jpg
Living my dream over there. I have the Shelby and fox at home, but some of my other projects are scattered in different storage! Car condos are so expensive here in MN. Been looking for a few years, just need to find a space. Had to sell my 03 cobra years back while on my last deployment... had no storage space.. I miss her.. . your space looks awesome!
Sponsored