What did you do to your GT350 today?

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
Living my dream over there. I have the Shelby and fox at home, but some of my other projects are scattered in different storage! Car condos are so expensive here in MN. Been looking for a few years, just need to find a space. Had to sell my 03 cobra years back while on my last deployment... had no storage space.. I miss her.. . your space looks awesome!
I appreciate it! I rented a storage unit a few years ago after purchasing our 90 coupe. I only have a 1 stall garage at the house. Sucks because our daily drivers sit outside 24/7. Instead of building a 3 stall garage we decided on buying a shop. The deal almost fell through, but very fortunate it worked out.

That sucks you had to sell your 03 cobra. I've had mine since 2010. Probably a car I'll never part with.
Sponsored

Cavdiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350. 87 T-top Fox . 2019 Raptor
I appreciate it! I rented a storage unit a few years ago after purchasing our 90 coupe. I only have a 1 stall garage at the house. Sucks because our daily drivers sit outside 24/7. Instead of building a 3 stall garage we decided on buying a shop. The deal almost fell through, but very fortunate it worked out.

That sucks you had to sell your 03 cobra. I've had mine since 2010. Probably a car I'll never part with.
Yep - still miss it. I was the second owner and it had pretty low miles still when I sold it. I am in contact with the new owner, so get first purchase rights if he ever decides to sell it.

I would have gone the shop route too...lol.. nice thinking :)

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

For 16 years I lived in a house with a 1.359 :giggle: car garage. At the old place my wife would park the family vehicle in the garage and everything else was outside. She "allowed" me to park the Shelby in the garage during the summer months but very begrudgingly. It was not the greatest scenario and I cringed every time company would come over and brush past her or my wife would bump into it with groceries or the kids would place their bikes too close on the other side.. you get the idea... In the winter I would rent a storage unit to park her in with no power or heat.
Two years ago we moved into a newer home (15yrs old) with a "3 car garage" thinking I would have all this room for my Shelby. The biggest mistake most car people make when purchasing a home is not parking their rides in it to see how much space they really have.
In reality I only have room for 2 cars, the family vehicle and the shelby if I want any room to work.
Thus my daily sits outside during the winters once again.
The other thing that drives me crazy about modern attached garages is that stupid indent that builders/designers put on the third stall to give the house "character" It kills a couple feet of depth into the garage which I could use. As it is right now I have to park the shelby very shallow where I can just close the garage door on the back end with a foot to spare. This allows room at the front to actually move around. Why they don't make these garages deeper AND wider is beyond me. Who wants to get out of their car every night and perform a contortionist movement to avoid hitting your door on the car next to you.

I'm not complaining as I'm grateful to have a larger garage and a stall for her, but once the cars are inside there is very little room in a traditional garage for much else.
It's fine during the summer when you can pull the cars out. I guess often it's a decision of whether the garage is a "car bedroom" or a work shop, but hard to have both.
I ended up having to install slat wall and an outside shed to get as much stuff off the garage floor as I could to make decent room in the middle to work on projects. I am not a hoarder, nor do I have a bunch of other toys (snow mobiles, 3 wheelers, etc) heck I don't even own a riding mower; i purchased a Ego Electric so that I could fold it up and store it in the shed.

All this to say. EVERY GUY.... NEEDS one of those condo/luxury Shop Facilities to store their cars in and be able to work, move, play, and hang around.
šŸ˜†:captain::flag:

old garage...
20200405_194224.jpg

new garage... with notched in third stall....
20220925_010332152_iOS.jpg
:facepalm:
.space in front of car.. need clearance for side door entry/exit...
1st world problems I know...
20221204_233608760_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful
For 16 years I lived in a house with a 1.359 :giggle: car garage. At the old place my wife would park the family vehicle in the garage and everything else was outside. She "allowed" me to park the Shelby in the garage during the summer months but very begrudgingly. It was not the greatest scenario and I cringed every time company would come over and brush past her or my wife would bump into it with groceries or the kids would place their bikes too close on the other side.. you get the idea... In the winter I would rent a storage unit to park her in with no power or heat.
Two years ago we moved into a newer home (15yrs old) with a "3 car garage" thinking I would have all this room for my Shelby. The biggest mistake most car people make when purchasing a home is not parking their rides in it to see how much space they really have.
In reality I only have room for 2 cars, the family vehicle and the shelby if I want any room to work.
The other thing that drives me crazy about modern attached garages is that stupid indent that builders/designers put on the third stall to give the house "character" It kills a couple feet of depth into the garage which I could use. As it is right now I have to park the shelby very shallow where I can just close the garage door on the back end with a foot to spare. This allows room at the front to actually move around. Why they don't make these garages deeper AND wider is beyond me. Who wants to get out of their car every night and perform a contortionist movement to avoid hitting your door on the car next to you.

I'm not complaining as I'm grateful to have a larger garage and a stall for her, but once the cars are inside there is very little room in a traditional garage for much else.
It's fine during the summer when you can pull the cars out. I guess often it's a decision of whether the garage is a "car bedroom" or a work shop, but hard to have both.
I ended up having to install slat wall and an outside shed to get as much stuff off the garage floor as I could to make decent room in the middle to work on projects. I am not a hoarder, nor do I have a bunch of other toys (snow mobiles, 3 wheelers, etc) heck I don't even own a riding mower; i purchased a Ego Electric so that I could fold it up and store it in the shed.

All this to say. EVERY GUY.... NEEDS one of those condo/luxury Shop Facilities to store their cars in and be able to work, move, play, and hang around.

old garage...
20200405_194224.jpg

It's also true no matter how big your garage/shop is, it's never big enough. You just fill it up with more stuff!

My single garage at the house is pretty old ghetto looking on the inside. But I have accomplished a lot of work in it over the years. Clutch swaps, blower upgrade, engine swaps, ect.

Now at the shop, I have to play musical cars to get them out for a drive šŸ¤£. Some say the shop looks a little plan, but I plan on adding more banners and car memorabilia.

But I like keeping it clean and not full of clutter.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's also true no matter how big your garage/shop is, it's never big enough. You just fill it up with more stuff!

My single garage at the house is pretty old ghetto looking on the inside. But I have accomplished a lot of work in it over the years. Clutch swaps, blower upgrade, engine swaps, ect.

Now at the shop, I have to play musical cars to get them out for a drive šŸ¤£. Some say the shop looks a little plan, but I plan on adding more banners and car memorabilia.

But I like keeping it clean and not full of clutter.
yeah, no matter how small or large the garage is, keeping the clutter and accumulation of stuff to a minimum is key.

Sponsored

Cavdiddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350. 87 T-top Fox . 2019 Raptor

old garage...
20200405_194224.jpg

Don't even get me started with the "garage bump" for character. So idiotic. I'm in MN, and we have the same thing here too. I lose about 2- feet of depth in my 3rd stall. Luckily I have a bump out the other way in front of truck for tools and cabinets. However, as you've all said, more space brings more toys. Hoping to purchase some land/shop/condo soon. Yes - not only to store cars, but to use space for actual work. Now, I need to move all the kids crap out first, then remember what I was doing... then just went it gets good - stop. Put everything back into garage and organize. I have a non-heated storage unit for boat and Fox this year. Having both cars stacked over winter was a challenge with sleds, blower , etc.

Yes, everyone need the car condo :) However, my wife still fails to see the value....

here's the garage when the wife is traveling with her car
IMG_1557_Original.jpg

Last edited:

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Don't even get me started with the "garage bump" for character. So idiotic. I'm in MN, and we have the same thing here too. I lose about 2- feet of depth in my 3rd stall. Luckily I have a bump out the other way in front of truck for tools and cabinets. However, as you've all said, more space brings more toys. Hoping to purchase some land/shop/condo soon. Yes - not only to store cars, but to use space for actual work. Now, I need to move all the kids crap out first, then remember what I was doing... then just went it gets good - stop. Put everything back into garage and organize. I have a non-heated storage unit for boat and Fox this year. Having both cars stacked over winter was a challenge with sleds, blower , etc.

Yes, everyone need the car condo :) However, my wife still fails to see the value....

IMG_1557_Original.jpg
Hang in there... the kids eventually grow up and you gain some space back, but I hear you.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
The greatest thing that ever happened to my garage was my walk-out basement. I have about 900 sq ft unfinished with a double door to the back yard. ANYTHING and everything that is not car related goes in there; yard equipment, bikes, shelves, and on and on, goes down there. Fortunate? Yes. But I learned that even if I didn't have this, I would have a shed of some sorts, at any expense, to keep my garage free. It's worth it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The greatest thing that ever happened to my garage was my walk-out basement. I have about 900 sq ft unfinished with a double door to the back yard. ANYTHING and everything that is not car related goes in there; yard equipment, bikes, shelves, and on and on, goes down there. Fortunate? Yes. But I learned that even if I didn't have this, I would have a shed of some sorts, at any expense, to keep my garage free. It's worth it.
agreed, i've had sheds at both of my most recent houses. It is a game changer....

Sponsored

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

IMG_1557_Original.jpg
That lift has me sooooooo jelly. We love our new house but my one regret was not finding one with a 3 car or larger garage :-(

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I havenā€™t had a basement in 36 years. Very rare here in California.
Weā€˜re going to end up in Wyoming where not having a basement is very rare. Walk out basements are great but will be used as just another part of the house if we get one. A 3200 square foot home is just 1600 if you donā€™t finish the basement. Just fine for a retired couple but if itā€™s a walk out, Iā€™d have to finish it ASAP.

Bdubbs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brady
Vehicle(s)
A handful

IMG_1557_Original.jpg
LoL hey Drew I recognized that car right away after texting back and forth yesterday šŸ˜‚.

This is Brady down in New Ulm, small world indeed!

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
square foot home is just 1600 if you donā€™t finish the basement. Just fine for a retired couple but if itā€™s a walk out, Iā€™d have to finish it ASAP.

Not the case in the midwest. Everyone has a basement. It's a wash and not factored into the sq footage unless it's finished. My 1,800 sq ft ranch is a 1,800 sq ft ranch...with a basement. Now that I have ~900 finished downstairs, my house is 2,700.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Not the case in the midwest. Everyone has a basement. It's a wash and not factored into the sq footage unless it's finished. My 1,800 sq ft ranch is a 1,800 sq ft ranch...with a basement. Now that I have ~900 finished downstairs, my house is 2,700.
Checking homes on line where you want to move will soon give you the proper verbiage for that area. Looking in Wyoming, total square footage is listed, finished basement or not. Just read the descriptions.
When I moved to Colorado in ā€˜84, basement was not listed in the total SF unless it was finished.
Galaxy
What you described would be a half basement to me. Iā€™ve yet to look at a new home where the basement wasnā€™t the same size of above ground in a ranch style home.
Personally Iā€™d never use a walkout basement for storing lawn and garden gear but thatā€™s just me because it would be finished.
Sponsored