Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I also put these on the other day, and also wondered if they would eventually loosen up due to vibrations. My main reason for using them is for when I bring in my car for service(oil change/tire rotation), as protection against a sloppy service tech with their lifts. Do you think using a drop of blue Loctite on the threads would help?
For a while. Until the pinch weld metal wears a little and you're stuck trying to figure out where this annoying vibration from a millimeter gap that grew between the pinch weld and the set screw is coming from. Ask me how I know? I used them on my HC and that car doesn't have near the chassis vibrations the GT350R has.

I have a set of these. They are a good tool but I do not leave them on 100%. I put them on when I need to lift the car. I take them back off and put them away when I'm done.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Clear and quite cool this morning but I could not resist after a couple of weeks sitting.

R22.jpg

R23.jpg

R24.jpg

R25.jpg

R26.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
For a while. Until the pinch weld metal wears a little and you're stuck trying to figure out where this annoying vibration from a millimeter gap that grew between the pinch weld and the set screw is coming from. Ask me how I know? I used them on my HC and that car doesn't have near the chassis vibrations the GT350R has.

I have a set of these. They are a good tool but I do not leave them on 100%. I put them on when I need to lift the car. I take them back off and put them away when I'm done.
I never know when or where I’ll be needing to jack the car up. Having jacking rails solves that issue.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I never know when or where I’ll be needing to jack the car up. Having jacking rails solves that issue.
Odds that I have to jack the car up on a roadside are low. I'll have the spare tire complete kit from AA pretty soon anyways. The ZL1 addons are more my pref for my garage maintenance. I've just not bought into bolting more stuff on around and under my R.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Installed some of the gifts my wife got me for Christmas

Zl1 addons lift pads

BAD7BE61-7B30-4706-96AF-E4A0A81F6B6E.jpeg

D2C9BCFC-0B4F-4665-B50D-CCB65FCECEB6.jpeg

F8F439A5-C774-41F3-811F-D18A82ECE489.jpeg
I have those too. I also had a set for my HC before. A friendly word of caution. You can tighten down those set screws pretty good but eventually the vibrations and road bumps of the car will loosen them up. Best to recheck them every so often if you plan on keeping them on permanently. For me, I don't want to have to do that so they are spot use items. I don't like them hangin around under my car. I put them on when when I have to jack the car up. Take them back off when I'm done.
I also put these on the other day, and also wondered if they would eventually loosen up due to vibrations. My main reason for using them is for when I bring in my car for service(oil change/tire rotation), as protection against a sloppy service tech with their lifts. Do you think using a drop of blue Loctite on the threads would help?
I almost went with those but decided against them for all the reasons posted. I am not bashing them in any way, just saying that if they aren't left permanently, what's the point?

I went with these. Very inexpensive, simple to use, and a perfect solution to use ANYWHERE on the pinch weld.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 5.34.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 5.07.35 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 5.07.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 5.07.54 PM.png

I got them on Amazon for less than $50 if memory serves. They have magnets in them so it's as simple as sticking them on the pinch weld wherever you need them and BAM, Bob's your uncle.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I’ve got the potauto ones from Amazon also. They are the cats meow. I wrote a small reply/review about them on one of the QuickJack threads we have. And I never really understood the concern about the pinch weld on this car anyways; it’s got the most robust weld I’ve ever seen on a damn car. You’re certainly not going to hurt that sucker with the occasional Jack job.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve got the potauto ones from Amazon also. They are the cats meow. I wrote a small reply/review about them on one of the QuickJack threads we have. And I never really understood the concern about the pinch weld on this car anyways; it’s got the most robust weld I’ve ever seen on a damn car. You’re certainly not going to hurt that sucker with the occasional Jack job.
I use them for clearance reasons. With them in place, the car is high enough to not hit the rocker panels.

Also, lets you pin point the surface area of a jack directly to the pinch weld without damaging any plastic, or chipping paint.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I use them for clearance reasons. With them in place, the car is high enough to not hit the rocker panels.

Also, lets you pin point the surface area of a jack directly to the pinch weld without damaging any plastic, or chipping paint.
Yup! I'll take pics next time, but....I was using the rubber lego blocks that come with a QuickJack. They work great, and don't damage anything, but the pinch weld really sinks down into the block. Now with these pucks, the blocks don't deform at all since that weight is spread over the rubber block on the puck. I found out this was saving me possibly up to 2+ inches of lift from where the car was no longer sinking into the block.

And on these similarly related topics...take any money you want to spend on jacking rails and put that towards a QuickJack.

Sponsored

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
Not so much for the Shelby, but for me...Received it today, from DeluxHubEngraving on Etsy. Based on the file I sent him he changed the font style on the GT 350. I guess when he converted the file to do the engraving the numbers were washed out. Still turned out pretty cool. I basically went with this guy because of the 24oz mug size.
MUGGT350.jpg

MugL1261.jpg

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

There is always custom plates which you can leave on and won come off. The only part is drilling through the pinch welds. I have a set I plan to install

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fs-bolt-on-jack-plates-for-2015-mustang.10907/