What did you do to your GT350 today?

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
I ordered these on August 20th and received them today. I’ll have to wait until the car is back on the road in the spring to mount them. Before I do that I think I may try the line lock for the first time.
D9FFCC99-4348-42DA-BCAA-7019985B6C16.jpeg

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
my Neighbor was giving me a hard time yesterday when he saw me and my son finishing up the storage prep. 75 degree's blah blah blah..... there was 6" of snow on the ground last week in southern NH..... I already dropped the ball on replacing the canopy cover for the season, shooting chipmunks as fast as I can... but the darn mice moved right in on a spotless engine bay in less than 24 hours :( I drove my 16 ecoboost year round... only because the tires didn't try to kill me all of the time under 60 degrees.
Yup, we got 4" that storm....and then a lot of warm weather after and I took little drives any time I felt up to it. I think all the warm spells are gravy and while scrambling to find plan C heated storage I drove mine right up until I could see too many deep cold nights with no recovery. In fact my buddy let me have a car sleepover a mile from the storage place that it now sits in until sometime in April - expensive but its on trickle and the temp kept at high 60'sF among the garage owners other car truck & bike toys. If 2021 is a better year with respect to work THEN I can start more serious garage building plans. Nice to know now with high winds and other crap wet & cold weather I've got her sheltered. Hope your late fall has been going well - good to hear you've got yours all prep'd for the season. Cheers.
(Pic of temporary sleep over - flag hung by my buddy as a welcome to his 4x vette garage....good friend!)

20201121_164255.jpg

Last edited:

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
Yup, we got 4" that storm....and then a lot of warm weather after and I took little drives any time I felt up to it. I think all the warm spells are gravy and while scrambling to find plan C heated storage I drove mine right up until I could see too many deep cold nights with no recovery. In fact my buddy let me have a car sleepover a mile from the storage place that it not sits in until sometime in April - expensive but its on trickle and the temp kept at high 60'sF among other toys. If 2021 is a better year with respect to work THEN I can start more serious garage building plans. Nice to know now with high winds and other crap wet & cold weather I've got her sheltered. Hope your late fall has been going well - good to hear you've got yours all preped for the season. Cheers.
(Pic of temporary sleep over - flag hung by my buddy as a welcome to his 4x vette garage....good friend!)

20201121_164255.jpg
That color. :rockon:

Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
That color. :rockon:
I like that color too! ohhhh I had such a hard time choosing. In the end it was a tie so I got the FPB cuz' it's one of those colors that are only on the Shelby's as far as Mustangs go, but I definitely love the Kona too!

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
I ordered these on August 20th and received them today. I’ll have to wait until the car is back on the road in the spring to mount them. Before I do that I think I may try the line lock for the first time.
D9FFCC99-4348-42DA-BCAA-7019985B6C16.jpeg
Good choice, Those are the same tires that are on the GT-350 Track Attack cars.
Yes Neal, I have used the line lock feature on my car and it is big fun.... Merry Christmas

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
I like that color too! ohhhh I had such a hard time choosing. In the end it was a tie so I got the FPB cuz' it's one of those colors that are only on the Shelby's as far as Mustangs go, but I definitely love the Kona too!
They all look great. I had 2 69's, a Mach1 in Acapulco blue and a 69 GT in a medium blue, and a red 89 Fox Sedan so I went for as dark a blue as was offered for 19. I like how Kona can range from being medium light in direct sun to dark blue and even a little violet in some cold lighting . As it turned out only 14 were ordered with the same Kona w/Black roof like mine...possibly fewer with also black stripes etc wrt options. I know of 2 others, befriended here, as we took deliveries over the long drawn out 2019 build cycle (I waited 9 months). Again its hard to go wrong with any of these beauties. 4-8" of snow prdicted starting tomorrow morning so I'm glad Kona is in dry well heated storage - need a good solid work year to feel good about returning to plan to build myself a garage for it - tough due to small house lots & $$$ around here. Has to be cynderblock or concrete due to close housing with too little setback space. Oh well.
Well I stopped in on the forum to see if anyone had any luck getting anything from Ford Show Parts - my 19 Authenticity package ordered in mid Sept is mia.....not sure what their problem is (shrug). Take care folks - be safe & healthy.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Instead of storing all this stuff away somewhere, I decided to have it custom framed and hung it in my home office.

Shelby_Frame.jpg
Mark, that care out great! Nice job.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ya man, the FPB/white stripes was the first GT350 I was able to sit in. What an amazing color. None available within a couple hundred miles when I was ready to buy.

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Ya man, the FPB/white stripes was the first GT350 I was able to sit in. What an amazing color. None available within a couple hundred miles when I was ready to buy.
When my allocation fell through in April 19 (I had ordered Dec 2018) I was shocked...we looked far & wide for a Kona with my options - I now know why we could't find one - productions was slow/short and that color esp with opt painted black roof & black stripes not popular. I had 5 other combos I considered before -placing the order but dug in my heels on this - I'm a buy & hold guy so this is possibly my last stang & feels excessive enough to get right. So, thanks to a forum member friend here, I got in on a dealer order placed early Jan 1300 miles away in Iowa who was willing to change his order to my specs and willing to have the car drop-shipped form Flatrock to my New England dealer who agreed because l'm a long time customer. Took forever and lots of communication issues with the midwest dealer, nothing beats face to face, but it worked out.

Looking into this build qty stuff is fun for anyone who for example owned used 60's era stangs like my 69's and wished as a fantasy they could have ordered exactly what they wanted. So like my 89 its a lot of fun to not only have something built to exact specs but also see how many others exist like it. I know for a fact of one twin to my 350 but it will take a Marti report to detail how unique it is with respect to the things that I picked. The car is put away for winter so there's nothing better to do wrt to it other than looking forward to April. Sadly Ford Show Parts, with practically a license to print money, is slow to provide what limited stuff they do (waiting for my order since Sept) and Marti is only up to 2017....probably by some scheme that protects Ford Show Parts group from competition for a couple of years or some similarly frustrating nonsense. Ford goes to the trouble to do unique dash placards & TrackAttack and the sending out the owners kit to make it a halo type experience and then takes forever to seal the deal with production numbers and a cert package we're willing to pay another $140 for. Stupendous ball dropping on feeding their captive audience. Oh well...its a long winter ; )

Last edited:

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
When my allocation fell through in April 19 (I had ordered Dec 2018) I was shocked...we looked far & wide for a Kona with my options - I now know why we could't find one - productions was slow/short and that color esp with opt painted black roof & black stripes not popular. I had 5 other combos I considered before -placing the order but dug in my heels on this - I'm a buy & hold guy so this is possibly my last stang & feels excessive enough to get right. So, thanks to a forum member friend here, I got in on a dealer order placed early Jan 1300 miles away in Iowa who was willing to change his order to my specs and willing to have the car drop-shipped form Flatrock to my New England dealer who agreed because l'm a long time customer. Took forever and lots of communication issues with the midwest dealer, nothing beats face to face, but it worked out.

Looking into this build qty stuff is fun for anyone who for example owned used 60's era stangs like my 69's and wished as a fantasy they could have ordered exactly what they wanted. So like my 89 its a lot of fun to not only have something built to exact specs but also see how many others exist like it. I know for a fact of one twin to my 350 but it will take a Marti report to detail how unique it is with respect to the things that I picked. The car is put away for winter so there's nothing better to do wrt to it other than looking forward to April. Sadly Ford Show Parts, with practically a license to print money, is slow to provide what limited stuff they do (waiting for my order since Sept) and Marti is only up to 2017....probably by some scheme that protects Ford Show Parts group from competition for a couple of years or some similarly frustrating nonsense. Ford goes to the trouble to do unique dash placards & TrackAttack and the sending out the owners kit to make it a halo type experience and then takes forever to seal the deal with production numbers and a cert package we're willing to pay another $140 for. Stupendous ball dropping on feeding their captive audience. Oh well...its a long winter ; )
Glad to see I wasn't alone with ordering mine in early September also with no word. I reached out to them and got a response that they are waiting on keychains to complete the package. So a few more weeks to wait! But it's on the way! 😝

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see I wasn't alone with ordering mine in early September also with no word. I reached out to them and got a response that they are waiting on keychains to complete the package. So a few more weeks to wait! But it's on the way! 😝
I was told Oct 13th that it would ship "by end of week" so they have little credibility.
None the less I asked what was going on yesterday eve - Friday.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
We moved into a new house the end of October and finally got the Shelby moved from Storage into the garage. It's great seeing her every day. I never did a final storage cleanup. Going to fill up the tank this week and put in some fuel additive so she is good to go for winter storage. Was contemplating a cover, but had a hard time deciding on one. Finally pulled the trigger and it was on back order for 2 months, so I cancelled. The car is a bit dusty so i am hesitant to put any type of covering on her without at least a rinseless wash. I am a bit disappointed with the design of these 3rd stall garage bays. They stagger the front for design purposes and cut off a good foot or two of storage. It fits, but if I want wiggle room in the front by the back entrance I have to just barely pull it in. Can't maneuver around the back as i am sacrificing for room in the front... ..
IMG_0699.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0702.JPG

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
HA!

Its really good for the price. Had the garage at 70 on sat. It was 30 outside. Its staying in my garage this year. Going to do a full tear down paint correction and coating as well.

https://www.menards.com/main/heatin...31-c-6328.htm?tid=4062542978446372323&ipos=18

Bought husky cabinets last year. Also really nice for the money.
thanks Andy, didn't realize those heaters were that inexpensive. One comment I heard was to be careful with your summer only tires, if you are varying the heat in the garage it can play havoc with the MPSS and Cup2's.. I'm assuming you have yours mounted up so it's not direct heat on your vehicles?
Sponsored