Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
...the universe is telling me to get new wheels I think.
Yes it is, undoubtedly. The universe was probably telling you this ages ago but unfortunately we as humans are conditioned to listen less and less to our primal inner gear-head.

Reconnect and go forth. Hunt and capture new wheels! :rockon:

PS

Take no notice of @DFB5.0, he's a sophisticated detailing ninja :ninja: built from an AI-enhanced kit and the only one who makes it seem almost feasible to clean PP1s :giggle:
Sponsored

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
Build 07/2018 Mustang GT 6spM (Magnetic)
An awesome day at 'The Bend' yesterday for my first 'Open Track Day' in my FN 6spd, with Simon Manifold in his FM Auto and another S550 owner, Mustang SA a.k.a. 'AJ' as our 'Pit Boss' and photographer. Five, 20 minute sessions of the 4.95km International Circuit with 23 other (very well behaved) drivers in their 'road-registered' cars. Whilst I was far from the fastest by about 20-30 secs a lap, for my first time out I pushed the car fairly hard, whilst staying on the track, not locking under brakes and keeping clear of the faster, more experienced drivers. The car performed and ran perfectly, with no over-heating using 20.43 lts/100km(actual) for the track-time. Interestingly the TPMS provided the exact same readings (39-40psi) as two other pressure gauges used to check at the end of a session. All up a 706km day for the Mustang, including around 165km on the track for an overall economy of 11.21 lt/100/km.

IMG_0164-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8)-2 (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0208-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0222-Edit-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0257-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0458-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0471-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0484-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0540-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0596-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9320-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9447-Edit (1) (Lr8)-1 (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9455-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9678-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9976-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_0530-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9467-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

IMG_9459-Edit (1) (Lr8) (Lr8).jpg

2022-10-08_14-37-57-Edit (1) (Lr8).jpg

20221007_141537-Edit (1) (Lr8).jpg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@OzMustang S550 sounds like a great day, well done for identifying that the objective is to have fun rather than having your ambitions overtake your capabilities and ending up in a ditch.

I see a C63, Rx7 and Moffatt Replica. Good company! Do you by any chance know the owner of the C63?

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
@OzMustang S550 sounds like a great day, well done for identifying that the objective is to have fun rather than having your ambitions overtake your capabilities and ending up in a ditch.

I see a C63, Rx7 and Moffatt Replica. Good company! Do you by any chance know the owner of the C63?
Sorry no I don't. Do you have a name in mind?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi Graeme no I'm looking to buy and the more info I can find out about owner experiences and local workshops (I'm an original and now part time South Australian) the better.

Sponsored

OzMustang S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
A dashcam video of a lap from my Open Track Day at 'The Bend'. The lap is from session three which was when I'd changed up to Sport+ mode from normal (yep, just feeling my way). Many of the laps where done mostly in 3rd gear (4th on the main straight), as the car would still pull away pretty quickly out of the two tight corners. Having got my 'feet wet', I'll probably have another go sometime but will use 'Track' mode instead. Great day out, and no regrets.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A dashcam video of a lap from my Open Track Day at 'The Bend'. The lap is from session three which was when I'd changed up to Sport+ mode from normal (yep, just feeling my way). Many of the laps where done mostly in 3rd gear (4th on the main straight), as the car would still pull away pretty quickly out of the two tight corners. Having got my 'feet wet', I'll probably have another go sometime but will use 'Track' mode instead. Great day out, and no regrets.
I would love to get mine on a racetrack one day, mainly to explore the upper limits of the car and scratch an itch.

One thing I would say about your laps, try to keep you hands at the "quarter to three" position. This gives you a smoother, more stable movements and finer control of the front wheels, rather than shuffling your hands around the wheel.

fmsp102.jpg

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
This ->

(Micrometer pics for @WD Pro)

Massive BZ to @MaxQ for assisting with the struts and feeding the sway bars out and in.

Even though the new front bar is thicker, getting the OEM one out is harder than getting the new one in, as the mounts on the OEM are fixed and get hung up on a few things when manoeuvring)

It really helps having an extra pair of hands. Thanks🙏mate!

07639F63-6ADA-4DCE-8D28-974783BC4BC3.jpeg

8427DE40-C6DB-44B1-8DC6-5D58D57CF3C0.jpeg

FA88609A-1658-4BA9-AD54-D8ECDAE8D9A5.jpeg

9566EDD5-E0E0-472F-939B-ABBDE888B2E1.jpeg

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
@KermiStang hi AJ what's your recommended approach for getting the sway bars in and out? Driver or passenger side first. Any tips on getting the angle of the bar end right? I've seen the Steeda string line method.

Cheers

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Out and in via the Aust' driver side / US pax side worked easiest for us. At least get the brake calipers off and rotors off. We also had the struts out, brake air deflectors off , inboard rotor guard off, and were still moving the knuckle around to get it out out the way while pulling the bar out. On the way out it gets fouled on one of the radiator hoses so you have to push that out of the way as you move it through. I was on quick jacks and with the bar angled rear and down to get it out, the jacks were sort of in the way a bit but we worked it out. A high lift with nothing in the way to affect the down/rear angle at the end would make it easier.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This ->

(Micrometer pics for @WD Pro)

Massive BZ to @MaxQ for assisting with the struts and feeding the sway bars out and in.

Even though the new front bar is thicker, getting the OEM one out is harder than getting the new one in, as the mounts on the OEM are fixed and get hung up on a few things when manoeuvring)

It really helps having an extra pair of hands. Thanks🙏mate!

07639F63-6ADA-4DCE-8D28-974783BC4BC3.jpeg

8427DE40-C6DB-44B1-8DC6-5D58D57CF3C0.jpeg

FA88609A-1658-4BA9-AD54-D8ECDAE8D9A5.jpeg

9566EDD5-E0E0-472F-939B-ABBDE888B2E1.jpeg
Thank you, that confirms bits of info I had collected from on here :like:

1665501678764.png

Seems like the FP kit is an upgrade (as in firmer / stiffer) than even the 350R or M1 HP :like:

WD :like:

KermiStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT N4G
Nice. Just to be specific, as I get asked questions due to a bit of confusion as there are a number of different FP suspension kits, I don't think the arrows in your spreadsheet are quite right.

"The kit" (M-9602-M) in your spreadsheet is an upgrade kit for magneride equipped Base & PP1 GT's.

From the links, it is this kits specific VDM software upgrade (the PP2 magneride equiv.' VDM software load) that makes it (this kit) specific for magneride Base and PP1 GT.

WRT the VDM software, "I" deduce from research and FP brochures that there are a number of different versions. EB, GT Base and PP1, GT PP2, GT350, GT350R, with "Mach 1 Base and Mach 1 HP have unique MagneRide suspension calibrations similar to PP2."

The M-5300-W Spring Kit (included in the M-9602-M kit) is by itself an "upgrade" for magneride GT (Base, PP1 & PP2) EB, GT350, and GT350R.

As indicated in your spreadsheet, the "as delivered" spring rates all (mostly) vary between models and the M-5300-W, however the M-5300-W also provides the ~20mm drop.

The M-5490-G Sway Bar Kit (included in the M-9602-M kit) is by itself an "upgrade" for GT (Base, PP1 & PP2) EB, GT350, and GT350R.

I agree we have to start somewhere to break down the parts for some sort of simpler comparison, but for me, it is the different VDM software (and the different selectable modes in each) that really add's to the "N" of "N" versions and does my head in. Combine this with all the different spring rates, roll rates, ( & bar hole settings) car weights, brakes, tyres, alignments, etc, and it's a lot of variables. And then add other variables like better bearings/bushes, frame stiffeners, subframe changes/additions, etc, etc... (head explode emoji)

For now until I get it back onto the track circuit to try it out in all the modes, try the different sway bar settings, and different wheels & tyres, I'm just going to go with the FP disclaimer, " May cause slightly harsher ride when compared to stock springs" 🙄

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Today I fitted a Carlinkit 4.0 wireless adaptor for Synch 3 system. This removes the requirement to have the phone plugged in to the car. It connects automatically to the phone and starts Apple Carplay or Android Auto. It takes about 40seconds to connect and has a little latency, but it is better than having to remember to unplug the phone and take it with you, which is something this old guy has done several times. The phone can now remain in my pocket or backpack and doesn't get left behind. It can plug in to the little cubby behind the handbrake, so it doesn't need to use the USB socket below the head unit.

IMG_4567[1].JPG

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Today I fitted a Carlinkit 4.0 wireless adaptor for Synch 3 system. This removes the requirement to have the phone plugged in to the car. It connects automatically to the phone and starts Apple Carplay or Android Auto. It takes about 40seconds to connect and has a little latency, but it is better than having to remember to unplug the phone and take it with you, which is something this old guy has done several times. The phone can now remain in my pocket or backpack and doesn't get left behind. It can plug in to the little cubby behind the handbrake, so it doesn't need to use the USB socket below the head unit.

IMG_4567[1].JPG
I got the Carlinkit AI Tbox mini last week and the jury is still out on whether it was a waste of money or not. Setup was reasonably easy and I have app Tasker on my phone which I have set to start and connect hotspot wifi when the unit connects to the sync 3 via bluetooth. Sure enough I get Android Auto and Youtube, Netflix and mostly whatever else can be downloaded from Playstore. It seems to work ok but a little on the fiddly side.

As for Carlinkit they are useless. Not like any other manufacturer that I have come across. I didnt buy from them direct because at the time I didn't know the deal. I happened to email them a couple of questions about operating the thing and also about their model differences. Their reply was essentially that if I purchased from someone other than them I was not entitled to any information and to go back to my supplier. Well my supplier knew twat so that was that.

There is a Facebook group called "Carlinkit Official Group" where not many questions are resolved. A frequent reply suggestion from one member is to return the unit for a refund.

I will reserve my final opinons for a little down the track.