Sponsored

What brand of oil does everyone use? Motorcraft or nothin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Geez guys I thought this kind of bickering only happened over on the SRT forums.

OP use what ever oil you like. Amsoil, Motorcraft, Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Quaker State, Castrol, Valvoline, Shell, Walmart or Amazon brand. Yep Amazon has their own brand.

If you track your car, you might want to change it after each track day if that makes sense to you..
If you street drive change it every 2500, 3000, 5000 or how ever many miles you like. (I do 3000 miles because 2000 seems to soon and 5000 seems to long)

Can we now argue about which tires are the best tires Lol
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Quite the silly fight my S550 friends…!
Harald & Ole Texan, I would suggest you back off on the Tomster insults in the GT500 thread. Now if he starts any $hit in the GT or Ecoboost forums with insults against those folks, then let him have your wrath.
We are all Mustang enthusiasts after all.
I have not done a search, but I doubt Tomster has stirred any $hit in the GT or Ecoboost forums.
And I certainly haven't started any crap here. Anyone who comes at me with insults will meet the same in kind.

If its insults and crap, I will be happy to sling it right back and it would most likely would result in what we all want here, to have this thread locked.

This particular subject matter always winds up in a shit show.

So at this point, lets just let it run its course until someone says something that puts a padlock on this turd.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
If its insults and crap, I will be happy to sling it right back and it would most likely would result in what we all want here, to have this thread locked.

This particular subject matter always winds up in a shit show.

So at this point, lets just let it run its course until someone says something that puts a padlock on this turd.
[/QUOTE]
JFC!, What is the problem with just being freaking decent to each other? Is it REALLY that hard? Isn't everything we've all been through enough?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Anytime someone says we can achieve world peace I will link them this thread.
I think it would be prudent to report this thread and ask the topic be closed. There is nothing more to say and my prediction is that this is going to get worse. In the nicest way possible, the OP politely reminded the GT folks that this was pertaining to a GT500. However the GT folks just couldn't stay away. What brand of oil does everyone use? Motorcraft or nothin? | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Hit the button below that says report.
/
/
/
/
/
/

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done, just to keep everyone’s sanity and restore decency.
Closing threads only proves that people cannot control themselves enough to be civil. Let's prove otherwise.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Closing threads only proves that people cannot control themselves enough to be civil. Let's prove otherwise.
The offending crowd has proven otherwise. Post 14.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
Motul Sport Ester 5W-50. It was recommended to me by several folks who track their cars, and one source said that it was recommended by Ford engineers as a replacement lubricant for harsher conditions. I've been running it since my second oil change.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Literally the only person that is derailing this thread and attempting to get it locked, starting pointless totally unrelated arguments, insulting people etc, is Tomster. IMO he should be banned.

Anyway like I posted earlier, if I had a gt500 id do 5w50 amsoil in the summer with 1 bottle ceratec, and in the winter depending on climate and driving plans/habits id probably do half 0w40 amsoil, half 5w50 amsoil and a bottle of ceratec. Same as what I do in my whippled gt with excellent results.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Literally the only person that is derailing this thread and attempting to get it locked, starting pointless arguments, insulting people etc, is Tomster. IMO he should be banned.

Anyway If I had a gt500 id do 5w50 amsoil in the summer with 1 bottle ceratec, and in the winter depending on climate and driving plans/habits id probably do 5 qts 0w40 amsoil, 6 qts 5w50 amsoil and a bottle of ceratec.
Banned, LOL. Its irresponsible comments like that why this thread should be closed.

It was you and your kind that came in here uninvited spewing all kinds of bad advice based upon a youtube channel that tests everything from pliers to furnace filters.

All of that after the OP posted a question pertaining to what oil he should use for his GT500. Every swinging 5 liter GT guy arrived and ruined this thread. And you are the star of it.

Someone said something that is true. All people have to do is behave. Very rarely do you and your kind show up around here and do that. As DpAltanta noted, you don't see me hanging around the general/ecoboost forum. The reason is that I really wouldn't have anything to add over there. You should go back there until you learn to behave.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lets do a recap.

The OP asks which is the best oil for his GT500. Page 1 had 8 out of 14 posts where non-GT500 owners giving their advice. That page had the OP ask to please keep it to GT500. Page 2 had 11 out of 14 posts where non-GT500 owners gave their advice. Post 18 again had the OP ask to keep it to the GT500. Page 3 had 6 out of 15 posts from our good friends coming over from GT land once again contributing nothing towards the OPs question. I could keep going, but there is a trend here and the OP shouldn't have to ask several times to please keep his thread on track.

Thanks to all who just come over here for whatever reason. Much appreciated.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Banned, LOL. Its irresponsible comments like that why this thread should be closed.

It was you and your kind that came in here uninvited spewing all kinds of bad advice based upon a youtube channel that tests everything from pliers to furnace filters.

All of that after the OP posted a question pertaining to what oil he should use for his GT500. Every swinging 5 liter GT guy arrived and ruined this thread. And you are the star of it.

Someone said something that is true. All people have to do is behave. Very rarely do you and your kind show up around here and do that. As DpAltanta noted, you don't see me hanging around the general/ecoboost forum. The reason is that I really wouldn't have anything to add over there. You should go back there until you learn to behave.

Lets do a recap.

The OP asks which is the best oil for his GT500. Page 1 had 8 out of 14 posts where non-GT500 owners giving their advice. That page had the OP ask to please keep it to GT500. Page 2 had 11 out of 14 posts where non-GT500 owners gave their advice. Post 18 again had the OP ask to keep it to the GT500. Page 3 had 6 out of 15 posts from our good friends coming over from GT land once again contributing nothing towards the OPs question. I could keep going, but there is a trend here and the OP shouldn't have to ask several times to please keep his thread on track.

Thanks to all who just come over here for whatever reason. Much appreciated.
Why can't we just POLITELY remind them and all is well. Most of these folks are not our adversaries....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Why can't we just POLITELY remind them and all is well. Most of these folks are not our adversaries....
They were politely reminded twice by the OP. Page 1 and page 2. See what that did?

The world is not the nice place you think it is.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.