Sponsored

What axleback With Catless??

RacerX661

@RacerX5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Roush
Hey i just went catless on my car. i already have Roush X pipe and axle back.
And it is CRAZY Loud! anyone have some good suggestions for a axle back with no cats? looking for something that don't pop as much as the roush.
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'd suggest stock mufflers or fab in some GT500 mufflers. If not that maybe consider Vibrant resonators in front of the rears you have now.

OP
OP
RacerX661

RacerX661

@RacerX5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Roush
Yea i was thinking about putting the stocks back on. anyone have any video of catless with x pipe with stock mufflers??

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Corsa Touring

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
A Magnaflow resonated x-pipe will make it sound fine. That or adding the vibrant mufflers would be an inexpensive fix relatively.

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had corsa sport catless and it was nascar loud. Sounded awesome, but too loud for me. I'm running the xforce varex exhaust now and for me it's perfect. Has a flap in the muffler when closed, makes the muffler a chambered muffler and the car is basically almost as quiet as stock. open the flap and it's straight through wide open sounds awesome. It's not that loud in the car either, but loud behind and rips. The system has a midmuffler x pipe that is straight through and helps quiet the system down compared to systems like the corsa that don't have any mid muffler.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I'd suggest stock mufflers or fab in some GT500 mufflers. If not that maybe consider Vibrant resonators in front of the rears you have now.

I agree with Anthony. I had the Borla Atak and then installed catless Kooks.. CrackerJack is right, NASCAR loud was the only way to describe it.

I put the factory catback back on and i'm happy with it. It sounds good at WOT and doesn't attract every cops attentions in 1/4 mile radius when leaving a green a light. With the X-pipe you'll prob have the perfect balance with stock mufflers.

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Any particular reason for going catless? Cats will act as a muffler to bring the volume down and catch unburnt fuel that causes the popping you described.
Sponsored