Sponsored

What are some Quality of Life addons for a new GT owner?

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
LED interior lights and jacking rails for the underside. h pipe woke up the active exhaust on mine
Sponsored

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
+1 on steeda jacking rails!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
15 bucks.... they come in handy...
Screenshot_20240125_100735_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240125_100704_Chrome.jpg
How’s the fitment Tony? Do they bounce around at all or pretty snug fit?

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror! Alternate that with a Christmas tree shaped air freshener.
And never throw out the old ones. Just keep adding to them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
LED interior lights and jacking rails for the underside. h pipe woke up the active exhaust on mine
I've seen tons of folks recommend H-pipes. Are there ones better than others? And does the tone change much? I really really like the way the S-Type Borla catback sounds, but also it's $2000? Wild. Also have the active-valve exhaust. It sounds bitchin' Does the H-pipe just make it deeper? No drone at all?

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
Disconnect the center speaker if you like listening to music.
Going to need more context to this. I find the B&O system really good coming from the stock sound system in my Ecoboost. Also had a Explorer ST at some point, it had the B&O system which really packed a punch.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've seen tons of folks recommend H-pipes. Are there ones better than others? And does the tone change much? I really really like the way the S-Type Borla catback sounds, but also it's $2000? Wild. Also have the active-valve exhaust. It sounds bitchin' Does the H-pipe just make it deeper? No drone at all?
I would say the h pipe keeps the tone pretty close to stock on the active cars, just louder. No drone, drone comes from mufflers (or lack thereof) more than it will from a res delete. X pipe will let the coyote rasp come through more. Both sound really good, can’t go wrong with either one really.

Borla S type is my favorite aftermarket exhaust. I love the volume and the tone. But yeah it’s expensive. Quality materials and the fitment is spot on though

OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
I would say the h pipe keeps the tone pretty close to stock on the active cars, just louder. No drone, drone comes from mufflers (or lack thereof) more than it will from a res delete. X pipe will let the coyote rasp come through more. Both sound really good, can’t go wrong with either one really.

Borla S type is my favorite aftermarket exhaust. I love the volume and the tone. But yeah it’s expensive. Quality materials and the fitment is spot on though
I think where I'm going to start first to do H-pipe in a few months, and while it's there to add some more bracing under the car.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I think where I'm going to start first to do H-pipe in a few months, and while it's there to add some more bracing under the car.
Sounds like a good start. Have fun!

Sponsored

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Going to need more context to this. I find the B&O system really good coming from the stock sound system in my Ecoboost. Also had a Explorer ST at some point, it had the B&O system which really packed a punch.
Did the H-Pipe affect inside of the car sound wise?

Clint81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clint
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So I have the 9-speaker system (not B&O, and no sub) which *is* a common setup.
The center speaker channel takes the Left and Right stereo channels, sums them together, and high-passes it at like 1kHz. To my ears, this makes for a screaming, mid-rangy, washy mess of vocals and guitars right in your face that kinda kills the music listening experience for me.
On the other hand, the same effect makes a great center channel for audiobooks and TV content b/c they are mixed with more of a mono-channel feed in mind.
Killing the center channel (snip the red wire or unplug in the dash) made music sound a lot better inside the cabin. To my ears at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stangalang

Stangalang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT Altas Blue
So I have the 9-speaker system (not B&O, and no sub) which a common setup.
The center speaker channel takes the Left and Right stereo channels, sums them together, and high-passes it at like 1kHz. To my ears, this makes for a screaming, mid-rangy, washy mess of vocals and guitars right in your face that kinda kills the music listening experience for me.
On the other hand, the same effect makes a great center channel for audiobooks and TV content b/c they are mixed with more of a mono-channel feed in mind.
Killing the center channel (snip the red wire or unplug in the dash) made music sound a lot better inside the cabin. To my ears at least.
Ohh that makes more sense. I've had the stock sound system setup in my Ecoboost, and it's not the best. In fact if I'm being picky it fu*kin sucks. Lol

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto