What a ride (New GT350 owner)

JustinC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
What an experience this has been so far. After lurking on the forums for a couple of months, I decided it was time to part with my C5 Z06 and move into something a bit different. I have been a Camaro and Corvette owner through and through, owning an 88 Camaro, 2001 Camaro SS, and 2013 SS 1LE which was a fantastic car. I've also had the pleasure of owning 2 C5 Corvette Z06s. It was time to move on to something newer (and honestly, something with 4 seats for my daughter to ride along, even if those seats would be a little cramped).

After much contemplating, I decided the GT350 was the right car. Something entirely different than what I've owned previously (Ford vs Chevy). As anyone in the market knows, finding the right one is sometimes a challenge in the current market. After a bit of searching and talks with dealerships, I found one to get serious on... 10 hours away in New Jersey...

What I did not anticipate from this forum, was the absolutely amazing people that are here. I had help from James with finding window sticker and maintenance records which was a huge help. I reached out to another person for some general feedback about the dealership and area the car was for sale in. Not only did Tony give me some feedback on the area, but also drove an hour to the dealership and inspected the car, sending back absolute quality videos and pictures. Way more than I would have ever expected or asked anyone to do. This feedback sealed the deal for me as having someone see it in person that appreciates the car (and isn't trying to sell it to me) was huge.

Time came to arrange travel and plan the long drive back to Cincinnati. My new friend Tony not only picked me up from the airport and drove me to the dealership to finish the deal, but rode along with me on the test drive and was a huge help in going over the car. Unfortunately for Tony, that test drive might have cost him roughly $85k on a new 2020 HE LOL.

Wanted to share my story of not only joining the GT350 club (better pics to come soon once the weather figures itself out) but to share what an amazing group this is that I am now very happy and lucky to be a part of!

JustinTonyGT350.jpg

GT350Engine.jpg
GT350DashPlaque.jpg
GT350Lift.jpg
Sponsored

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Congratulations! Great story to the beginning of an adventure! An amazing car for sure!

OP
OP
JustinC

JustinC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I like the color... that could grow on me!

Congrats...!!!!!
Same! The car came with black stripes over the top which I wasn't sure I wanted at first so having a car where they were removed was nice. However... I think I am going to have them put back on as I think really adds pop to the car (as if it needed more pop lol)

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
Congrats and welcome to the family!

Sponsored

17Blk350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Congrats on your new 350! I have had mine since new in 2017. Have had plenty of cars from C6 Z06, 911s, AMG/M cars, and this is the longest I have ever kept a car. I just love everything about it as I am sure you will too.

Last edited:

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Congrats and welcome. Looks like you got some new tires as well. We look forward to your sharing more of your experience (as we re-live our own).

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
Nice. Flemington is a top notch auto group, and one of the only no mark up dealers in NJ. I did a video about them on my youtube channel. I was there this morning inquiring about ordering a car and noticed that C8 when I drove past the porsche dealer. This forum is a fantastic resource.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP
JustinC

JustinC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Nice. Flemington is a top notch auto group, and one of the only no mark up dealers in NJ. I did a video about them on my youtube channel. I was there this morning inquiring about ordering a car and noticed that C8 when I drove past the porsche dealer. This forum is a fantastic resource.
I must say, they were the best dealership I have dealt with to date. The pricing was fair and they were very accommodating of everything I asked (including welcoming Tony to look at the car for me and getting the car on a lift for inspecting). Their mechanic was also kind enough to answer questions we had and I never got the feeling they were hiding or working an angle on anything. High marks from me for sure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JustinC

JustinC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Welcome to the club! Just curious, what is a 2020 "HE"?
Heritage Edition. Slick package you can get on the 2020 models that are quote sought after I believe due to being both end of model year and a limited edition. Others on here can probably give a way better explanation of how cool those are.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Heritage Edition. Slick package you can get on the 2020 models that are quote sought after I believe due to being both end of model year and a limited edition. Others on here can probably give a way better explanation of how cool those are.
Oh, my bad, that should have been obvious hahaha, I know what you are talking about now.

If you have the opportunity, take it to the track once. It is really something special. Just check the oil before you go haha

HEP#15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition L0015
Congrats. The car will put a smile on your face every time you drive it.

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Congratulations and welcome to the club.

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
JustinC, congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Mustang6G forum! As you probably already know, this forum is an excellent source of information and experiences that owners share about their GT350/R that will enhance your ownership. If you haven't already done so, be sure to review the "Sticky Threads" section, as a lot of good info is listed in this area.

I had to smile when I noted your comments previously about the OTT stripes. I found my car, new, on my local Ford dealer's lot, optioned exactly as I would have ordered it - except it had stripes, which I didn't want. Since the dealer said they would remove them if desired, I bought the car. However, the more I looked at it, the more the stripes "grew" on me, and I started to consider them part of the Shelby "mystique" unique to this car. Then when my wife surprisingly told me she liked them, that finalized my decision to keep the stripes on. Now, two years later - no regrets.

Although you've had some really cool Corvettes and Camaros from Chevrolet in the past, you'll now be experiencing something really special from the Ford "corral" this time. Best of luck, and enjoy!
Sponsored