Sponsored

What’s your Ford dealership charging for an oil change?

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
Its fine for warranty, you are allowed to change your own fluids. The only time it would deny your warranty is if lets say your engine blows. After inspection they prove that lack of maintenance was the cause. Would not hurt to keep all receipts and keep a log though to prove that you done it.
Right on!

Reminds me of a video I watched yesterday. This guy here is definitely not getting warrantied

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
$135 out the door for full synthetic (10 quarts) and filter.
Too rich for my blood. $30 each for 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 5W30 at wally, and $10 for FL500S filter. So about $80 with tax. Done by yours truly :). Staggered tires so no rotate for me :)

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Too rich for my blood. $30 each for 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 5W30 at wally, and $10 for FL500S filter. So about $80 with tax. Done by yours truly :). Staggered tires so no rotate for me :)
Yeah I used to do my own but dealing with the disposal of the used oil is a pain. I’d rather pay the dealership to deal with it. And they do a good job. I never use the quick lane, always the regular service bays. Also don’t have them rotate tires. By the time I rack up enough miles that it’s due to rotate, I need to swap out to my winter set and vice versa.

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I find it a little funny when someone say 'Full synthetic' and trust me the dealer doesn't have true synthetic oil.

Sponsored

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
I find it a little funny when someone say 'Full synthetic' and trust me the dealer doesn't have true synthetic oil.
They do when you bring your own.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Yeah I used to do my own but dealing with the disposal of the used oil is a pain. I’d rather pay the dealership to deal with it. And they do a good job. I never use the quick lane, always the regular service bays. Also don’t have them rotate tires. By the time I rack up enough miles that it’s due to rotate, I need to swap out to my winter set and vice versa.
Yeah, not a big deal for me. The guy at my local trash recycle center loves when I come and bring him oil in the 5 quart jugs. He uses it for things around his farm, I live in a large rural farming area... And I like knowing its done right by yours truly :)

Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
21' GT500 - CFTP
Changing out 12 qts of 5W50 on a GT500, plus filter runs you about 150 w/taxes and shipping if all of it is on sale and you DIY. Dealership is around 235-250 locally for “the works”.Takes them a solid hour with all paperwork etc. I’m sure they get the oil and parts for a better price, but for me effectively that means 80-100 bucks and hour in labor. It does not seem utterly unreasonable. That and they have just given me a free quart to top off when I need.

Last edited:

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
So I have a neighborhood mechanic who is a Certified Master Toyota Technician who now has his own shop. Been going to him for years. I get my 8 qts of oil from Walmart for ~ $55. My Mechanic charges me $20 and I buy him donuts and coffee. Hope he doesn’t retire soon 😀

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
IIRC it was ~€500 last time I asked. Needless to say, they won't be seeing me in there anytime soon (oil must be made of unobtanium or something 🤷‍♂️ )
holy fuck. you could just drill for your own for cheaper haha

Sponsored

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't picture paying that much. Two jugs of oil is $30-50 at Walmart depending on what you want and a Motorcraft filter is like $8

Hour in the garage....priceless

Plus you can inspect every thing else when you're under there.

TrueBlue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.3L High Performance Package Fastback
Right around $85 for 8qt synthetic blend and filter for my 2011 5.0.

Still in shock over the astronomical price for an oil change in my 2.3L HPP: 6qt full synthetic 5W-50 was like $120. Yikes! About ready to go buy some ramps and go DYI at that price point.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how you can own and mod a car without owning at least one jack!

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
My local dealer, Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake, VA, charged me something like $56 to change the oil in my GT. That's about what it costs to change it, myself. I haven't looked into whether that's their normal rate for 10qts in a Coyote, or if it was a special price for some reason.

I've only ever gone to them for recall work, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to lure me in for more.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My local dealer, Cavalier Ford in Chesapeake, VA, charged me something like $56 to change the oil in my GT. That's about what it costs to change it, myself. I haven't looked into whether that's their normal rate for 10qts in a Coyote, or if it was a special price for some reason.

I've only ever gone to them for recall work, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're trying to lure me in for more.
Wow that’s cheap. Make sure they gave you 10 qts (only half joking). Could be a special to lure you back or they just coded it wrong
Sponsored