Sponsored

Weird volume problem

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have a 19gt 300a that I put an alpine upgrade kit in along with a dsp and Rockford fosgate speakers, and a 4 to 8 in screen conversion and set the factory eq with forscan. It has been great for 4 years. Now I'm intermittently get extremely high volume from the right rear speaker. It will just get super loud for a mile or two then go back to normal. Not really sure where to start looking. It's very intermittent and I haven't found a easy way to duplicate the problem. Anybody have an idea where to start?
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Can you switch the inputs on the amp input side, from R to L to see if the problem moves to the left side?

OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I can but it would require removal of the acm to access the dsp and switch the rca connection. The wiring at the amp under the dash is a an integrated harness assy from alpine. Would have to cut wires there.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ok so that won't be easy. This would have isolated the problem. It could likely be a bad input stage inside the amp.

OP
OP

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Ya not easy to get to. And it's so sporadic that it would have to put back together and driven for several days. To see if it moves.
Sponsored