Sponsored

Way to bring the rear end down some with BMR Performance springs??

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Swift is more in the import scene, really. But I had Swift Spec R before I went nuts with super high rate springs and they were really great. Very light, too. Swift is a respected regular spring and coilover spring supplier. You'll see a lot of folks with "Swift springs" on their coilovers.

Again, Steeda sometimes is willing to sell just one side of springs. If you call and ask, I'd get the Sport Linear rear springs. Those will close the gap I think.

I really don't think it looks all that bad. I'd almost rather raise the front.
Yes this is what I am thing. I may get the minimal drop front springs from Kelly and swap out the front springs to bring it up slightly.

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Swift is more in the import scene, really. But I had Swift Spec R before I went nuts with super high rate springs and they were really great. Very light, too. Swift is a respected regular spring and coilover spring supplier. You'll see a lot of folks with "Swift springs" on their coilovers.

Again, Steeda sometimes is willing to sell just one side of springs. If you call and ask, I'd get the Sport Linear rear springs. Those will close the gap I think.

I really don't think it looks all that bad. I'd almost rather raise the front.
Is this a bad idea to run BMR springs in the front and Steeda in the rear? Would it cause any weird handling anomalies or anything?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Those are too wide for those wheels. I understand MT gives you recommendations, but optimal for that 325 would be 11.5 - 12.5" - I assure you.

I have had over 5 sets of various 19" and 20" wheels for my cars, and I can 100% tell you that the 305 series fits an 11" wheel much better....AND will work better for traction. On that note, the 305 is taller too - homerun!

Here is my 305 MT on an 11" wide wheel, currently on my blue car.
Whip HRE.jpg

Sponsored

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
i have the same setup but my rears are 305/35/19. tire is a little taller than yours... its your fronts... they are what 285/35/19? even my 275/35/19 fronts are taller than my et street ss rear but its minimal

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
i have the same setup but my rears are 305/35/19. tire is a little taller than yours... its your fronts... they are what 285/35/19? even my 275/35/19 fronts are taller than my et street ss rear but its minimal
Yes they are 285x35x19 but they are still shorter than the stock pirellis but not by much. They are taller than the Mickey Thompson 325 tires for sure which I understand is part of the problem. For now I want to remedy it the best way I can until these rear tires are done then I will go with a taller rear tire in a 305. Either way I feel the front needs to be brought up some because of the weight of the whipple so I will start out with some of the minimal drop front springs and see how it looks. I feel like that will help a lot.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I think the minimum drop idea sounds like a good way to go.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Personally, I'd raise the front rather than drop the rear. I'll bet BMRs minimal drop fronts would get you where you need to be.

RedRyan98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Doesn't steeda sell spring spacers for both front and rear that you could use to raise the car? I think they have them for both. You could look into spacers for the front springs to bring them up. Or just get the minimal drop front springs from BMR.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a set of the BMR minimal drop springs for now guys. Going to see what that does and it if is still too far off then see about lowering the rear some. Once I am ready for new rear tires I will look into the taller 305 tire. Thanks for the advice.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tyler, I'll have some Eibach Pro springs available soon, too. Free for you if you're still helping with my OPG ;)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a set of the BMR minimal drop springs for now guys. Going to see what that does and it if is still too far off then see about lowering the rear some. Once I am ready for new rear tires I will look into the taller 305 tire. Thanks for the advice.
Good call!
Sponsored