Sponsored

Way to bring the rear end down some with BMR Performance springs??

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Hey guys. I have the BMR performance lowering springs. My car has always had some slight rake to it with these springs which I liked. Now I have swapped out my wheels and tires and with the rear being as high as it is now the fender gap in the rear is pretty significant. On top of that I have a Whipple so I have added some weight to the front of the car so the front sits even lower than it should. What can I do to remedy this? Is there a way to bring the rear end down some to close the gap? Has anybody else had an issue like this? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I just look at your Avatar ... didn't read a single thing you said outside of the heading. :D

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You gonna have to change out the springs I am afraid.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
When I installed the Whipple on my car I installed the min drop SP089 springs to help with the added weight of the blower kit. It sits about the same now as it did NA with the SP080 spring set.

Or you will have to change the rear spring out if you want to lower the back down.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Here's one for ya... Steeda will probably sell you their rear Sport Linear spring. That'll bring it down about even, me thinks. :)

Swift Spec R springs front and back would look good with a little extra super-duper-charger weight up front, too.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I was afraid this was going to be the answer. I feel like I need a little of both. I need the front to come up a little and the rear to come down a little. That will leave a slight rake to the car like I want but not have a god awful gap at the rear. What does everybody recommend for springs that will accomplish this any idea? I have never heard of Swift springs before.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Yeah I was afraid this was going to be the answer. I feel like I need a little of both. I need the front to come up a little and the rear to come down a little. That will leave a slight rake to the car like I want but not have a god awful gap at the rear. What does everybody recommend for springs that will accomplish this any idea? I have never heard of Swift springs before.
Steeda linear?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
You have the SP080 Kit?

With a Whipple, or any poweradder that adds weight (the Whipple especially due to it's weight) the front will be lowered additionally.

This is one of the reasons I designed the SP089 Kit during the development process, using my personal car with a supercharger kit installed.

Image below is a representation of a common combo, with the SP089 Front spring installed instead of the SP081 Front in the SP080 Kit. The SP088 rear springs in the pic sit the same as ALL of our rear springs.

This is a stock height front tire, with a slightly taller rear drag radial - which is a very common combo for the gearheads who end up going with 600+hp via boost. :cheers:
SP088.jpg

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
You have the SP080 Kit?

With a Whipple, or any poweradder that adds weight (the Whipple especially due to it's weight) the front will be lowered additionally.

This is one of the reasons I designed the SP089 Kit during the development process, using my personal car with a supercharger kit installed.

Image below is a representation of a common combo, with the SP089 Front spring installed instead of the SP081 Front in the SP080 Kit. The SP088 rear springs in the pic sit the same as ALL of our rear springs.

This is a stock height front tire, with a slightly taller rear drag radial - which is a very common combo for the gearheads who end up going with 600+hp via boost. :cheers:
Yes I have the SP080 kit. With my new wheel/tire setup the rear tires are a mickey thompson ET Street SS 325 x 30 x 19 so I guess the sidewall is slightly shorter than the stock tires so that is adding to the gap making it worse. That mixed with the front being lower because of the Whipple is what is really making it look bad not great. I will post up some pics here in a few to see what you think.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I am crazy but does this seem a little off or does it look okay?
IMG_0448.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0449.jpg

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
It doesn't look "that" bad to me.

I do see what you mean. I think the two things (Whipple added weight / slightly shorter rear tire) are working against you.

If I were you, I would do the SP089 front springs and use a taller rear tire. From the looks of it, and I could be wrong, your rear tires are actually too wide for those wheels. I would think a narrower, but taller tire would be a homerun for you.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Swift is more in the import scene, really. But I had Swift Spec R before I went nuts with super high rate springs and they were really great. Very light, too. Swift is a respected regular spring and coilover spring supplier. You'll see a lot of folks with "Swift springs" on their coilovers.

Again, Steeda sometimes is willing to sell just one side of springs. If you call and ask, I'd get the Sport Linear rear springs. Those will close the gap I think.

I really don't think it looks all that bad. I'd almost rather raise the front.

OP
OP

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't look "that" bad to me.

I do see what you mean. I think the two things (Whipple added weight / slightly shorter rear tire) are working against you.

If I were you, I would do the SP089 front springs and use a taller rear tire. From the looks of it, and I could be wrong, your rear tires are actually too wide for those wheels. I would think a narrower, but taller tire would be a homerun for you.
I sure hope not I just got this setup put together. It is a 325 x 30 x 19 on a 19 x 11 rim. According to Mickey Thompson the 325 is for 11"-12" rim. I just bought these tires and they are too expensive to just buy another set so I am stuck with them for now. The good news is from what I hear they don't last long so probably end of the summer I will need something else. I may change the front springs to the minimal drop ones to see what that does for looks plus with the Whipple I probably should anyway because it is riding lower than it is suppose to.

Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Looks fine. Add a couple of 12" subs in the trunk and you'll be set. lol
Sponsored