Sponsored

Water-Methanol Injection

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I think without tune, I didn't have time to get a meth tune unfortunately but the meth sprays from 1lb and up. i think i have 18 timing but at this point, I am getting E85 because he said I need to run meth right now with 91 to keep my current tune. I have 91 here only but its not good gas and won't support more boost. Maybe 93 and meth will be better for you? looks like I gotta shell out another 2400 for a fuel pump :headbang:
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Something is off, as many with 91 cali gas and 3.65" pulley have made around 650 wheel without meth. What RPM was the pull made to?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I think without tune, I didn't have time to get a meth tune unfortunately but the meth sprays from 1lb and up. i think i have 18 timing but at this point, I am getting E85 because he said I need to run meth right now with 91 to keep my current tune. I have 91 here only but its not good gas and won't support more boost. Maybe 93 and meth will be better for you? looks like I gotta shell out another 2400 for a fuel pump :headbang:
Without tune is your answer. I gained +3psi +3* timing with meth over 93. You may be starting out with less on 91, but you can still get the same gains. Retune for more timing and/or increase boost. You can get just as much power out of meth as you can E85 if you spray enough.

That being said E85 has alot of advantages over meth too, so you may want to consider it.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Something is off, as many with 91 cali gas and 3.65" pulley have made around 650 wheel without meth. What RPM was the pull made to?
pulled to 7000-7200 rpm. When he got the first log, there was a good amount of knock then after we turned meth to activate at 1lb of boost. once we switched it to activate at 1lb, i ran a lot cleaner and he said it was good. not sure if TT and SC will be the same in comparison? probably doesn't matter if one is TT and one is SC
IMG_0168.jpg

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
Without tune is your answer. I gained +3psi +3* timing with meth over 93. You may be starting out with less on 91, but you can still get the same gains. Retune for more timing and/or increase boost. You can get just as much power out of meth as you can E85 if you spray enough.

That being said E85 has alot of advantages over meth too, so you may want to consider it.
yah the 91 here in CA isn't really 91 haha in my opinion, the tuner put the most timing and spark to where he thinks it is safe so I didn't wana risk it. Yah I am going to purchase the pump tomorrow and hopefully install next week. If I have to rely on meth or E85, I might as well be on E85. Or both?:question: if possible

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
yah the 91 here in CA isn't really 91 haha in my opinion, the tuner put the most timing and spark to where he thinks it is safe so I didn't wana risk it. Yah I am going to purchase the pump tomorrow and hopefully install next week. If I have to rely on meth or E85, I might as well be on E85. Or both?:question: if possible
"Sensors aren't liking the fuel quality mixed with meth" doesn't make any sense to me. It should like it better than the fuel alone lol, meth can't do anything but help. Maybe you need to spray more. I had to go through a few nozzles to find the right size and insist on Lund (Dakota) increasing timing further. E85 is a safer bet though. Power can still be picked up with meth on top of E85.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
"Sensors aren't liking the fuel quality mixed with meth" doesn't make any sense to me. It should like it better than the fuel alone lol, meth can't do anything but help. Maybe you need to spray more. I had to go through a few nozzles to find the right size and insist on Lund (Dakota) increasing timing further. E85 is a safer bet though. Power can still be picked up with meth on top of E85.
Yah I got a devils own nozzel which i will install and hopefully that helps. Ill be running E85 but will have meth spray at certain pound of boost, might as well us it since its the kit is installed already.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Yah I got a devils own nozzel which i will install and hopefully that helps. Ill be running E85 but will have meth spray at certain pound of boost, might as well us it since its the kit is installed already.
I agree. Meth will still drop IATs/EGTs and keep your engine nice and clean.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
yes sir, meth will keep the engine clean and run cooler. I didn't wana go E85 because of what can happen and the gunk that sometimes builds up but now I got no choice haha. ill probably fill up 1 tank of 91 with meth for every 2 tanks of e85. Now i am in the market for a fuel system. Know of any good vendors with good deals? I know the kit i need will be about 2400 for a dual pump, capable of 900whp, which is more than enough for me

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
This is making me want to install a meth kit with my Whipple. There is no E85 close to me so most the time I’m stuck with 91. I like the idea of not tuning for it though so if it were to fail it doesn’t lead to something catastrophic.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
You can run bottom 9's with 93 pump and meth (on a baby P1 blower)
A member of this forum has done it, and done it A LOT, poor car. LOL.
Matt at Diablo

I have seen guys run meth and pick up 0
I have seen guys add meth and puck up 100

It all depends on how you set up the tune, and what boost you are running.

The highest HP pump gas meth car I have personally tuned makes 917 wheel.
It never had a single issue for over the year that it was daily driven like that.
However we finally swapped it to E85, now that we all just buy drums of it here in KC.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
lmao i have to run meth to keep iat down im on full e85 triple pump fuel not my issue at 20psi on a d1sc but heat is at 145mph im seeing 140 degree cause of the heat being generated by the boost so tuning for meth today was losing 6 degree from 21 down to 15 cause of high heat
iat mind you dyno got done at 9pm on a nice cool day last month so even with e trust heat is a issue just not as common till you boost scales way up their hence why most in higher boost run meth or nos to cool and add a bump

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
well, disappointment is all i can say from my dyno pulls yesterday. 600 whp is all i got from 91 and meth injection (snow kit, braided line). pulls made in 5th gear. Looks like I have to go E85 now to get more boost, currently have 8.5 due to lack of good fuel
You are not using a big enough nozzle. You should never need to start at 1psi. What size is your nozzle and where is it mounted?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
This is making me want to install a meth kit with my Whipple. There is no E85 close to me so most the time I’m stuck with 91. I like the idea of not tuning for it though so if it were to fail it doesn’t lead to something catastrophic.
There’s e85 all over Las Vegas