Sponsored

Watch those P Zeroes...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Okay, so the warning on the driver's door jamb is accurate.

Was driving to work this morning, and had the rear end get loose on me.

Outside temp: 38 deg. F. It was raining...was making a left turn from a side street onto a 4 lane highway (with a 55 MPH speed limit). Fortunately, between traction control and good driving, kept her straight. I did give it a little more gas than normal, because I was annoyed with someone tailgating me on the side street.

Calling the tire shop now to get some all seasons on order...:doh:

I already have all seasons on the front, because I popped a P Zero a while back, and figured that was a good time to start getting the proper rubber on the car ;)
Sponsored

BCeagle08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT DIB PP 6MT Navi 401A.
Yea summer tires go to shit once it gets cold out. Need to swap to snow or all season tires for the winter even if you don't plan on driving in the snow.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Forget all-seasons...they really are "no seasons" because they excel at nothing. Car and Driver just did an article on the best winter tires per their reviews.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Forget all-seasons...they really are "no seasons" because they excel at nothing. Car and Driver just did an article on the best winter tires per their reviews.
If it get's that bad, I'm hopping in my wife's Trailblazer with the studded winter tires on it. It's never failed me yet :thumbsup:

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I thought traction sucked at 55 in the wet. I wasn't about to wait until it got that cold. I picked up a set of Continental DWS06 and couldn't be any happier so far. However, I haven't seen snow on them yet.

They may excel at nothing, but that doesn't make them no season tires. They will be up to the task of any driving that can be safely done in traffic. Worse case, I still have a set of summer tires for when it gets warm out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Was 37° on my way to work this morning and I got very sideways in 3rd just rolling up the road (straight road) and just had to laugh. It's amazing how good they are above 80° and how bad they are below 60°.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Summer tires and cold dont do super well specially when you get to a near freezing temp.
Which is why I say let the 10-15% of us who actually track the car buy the summer tires, and give us a good all season with the PP ;)

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone cares or has looked but Perelli will not warranty tires that failed below 45-50°; they address cracking issues among others in the paperwork.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if anyone cares or has looked but Perelli will not warranty tires that failed below 45-50°; they address cracking issues among others in the paperwork.
They hardly warranty them as it is. IIRC, there is *NO* treadwear warranty at all on them. And the wording completely covers them on road hazards, basically, no road hazards at all. Trust me, I read the warranty pretty good when I popped a P Zero on a pry bar in the road on my way to work one morning... ;) I had the car towed to the tire shop instead of trying to deal with it through Ford.

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I just got back from the tire shop a few hours ago. I had a set of DWS06 installed on my PP wheels, and I'll be picking up a set of summer tires for better wheels in the spring. I don't plan to drive my Mustang in the snow and the DWS06 should be great for the normal 30-40ish degree Pacific Northwest winters where it's mostly just cold and wet. The stock Pirellis were horrid as soon as the temperatures dropped.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Is the P-Zero that bad in cold? I've had many summer tires and non of them were this bad. Granted I have all season P Zero Nero.
Granted I've been driving pretty conservatively breaking in the car.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Mine make an awful thumping now that it has been freezing. I got out of the car in my neighborhood it was so bad yesterday morning. After about 5-8 minutes, it goes away. Never in my life have I owned tires that do this. Other than this, I'm happy with them.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
Is the P-Zero that bad in cold? I've had many summer tires and non of them were this bad. Granted I have all season P Zero Nero.
Granted I've been driving pretty conservatively breaking in the car.
Yeah, they're pretty hard in the cold weather...you can feel how hard the rubber gets by running your fingers on the tread on a cold morning. They feel like plastic when the temp gets down into the 30's :mad:
Sponsored