Vehicle Showcase

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
MY22.25 High Performance Mustang
Old thread I know but didn't want to start a new one.

I have all but decided to skip Paint Protection from the dealer and go to a professional detailer post delivery. 2 options I have narrowed down to is Gtechniq CS Light or CS Ultra. The Ultra plus EXO is outside my budget so I eliminated that option.

From those who know, are there any advantages or pitfalls between to the products above other than initial cost?

I want to have that deep gloss look and easier maintenance. Those are the two main things I want to achieve.

In addition to the above question, are there any products recommended to use during washes etc to maintain the coating and the look? I am not a massive hands on kind of guy so time consuming full detail washing is not for me, but I don't want to neglect the coating/paint.

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

I have all but decided to skip Paint Protection from the dealer and go to a professional detailer post delivery. 2 options I have narrowed down to is Gtechniq CS Light or CS Ultra. The Ultra plus EXO is outside my budget so I eliminated that option.

From those who know, are there any advantages or pitfalls between to the products above other than initial cost?

I want to have that deep gloss look and easier maintenance. Those are the two main things I want to achieve.

In addition to the above question, are there any products recommended to use during washes etc to maintain the coating and the look? I am not a massive hands on kind of guy so time consuming full detail washing is not for me, but I don't want to neglect the coating/paint.
This is what I used. 5 years and still going strong. Have not topped it with anything.. Just a weekly wash keeps it looking like new. If you need to top it my feeling is you may as well do it all yourself with great products now available.
https://www.detailevolution.com/services/autotriz-ceramic-coating/

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
This is what I used. 5 years and still going strong. Have not topped it with anything.. Just a weekly wash keeps it looking like new. If you need to top it my feeling is you may as well do it all yourself with great products now available.
https://www.detailevolution.com/services/autotriz-ceramic-coating/
Thanks for your feedback.

Perhaps I have misunderstood much of what I have seen or read but I thought certain maintenance was required on all coatings. From my understanding the Gtechnic products are highly rated and have very good longevity.

If a simple regular wash is all I need than that is a bonus.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Thanks for your feedback.

Perhaps I have misunderstood much of what I have seen or read but I thought certain maintenance was required on all coatings. From my understanding the Gtechnic products are highly rated and have very good longevity.

If a simple regular wash is all I need than that is a bonus.
You don't need to use maintenance products, but then you may not reach the manufacturers durability claims.

Gtechniq make great coatings, I would lean towards CS Ultra if the car is a daily driver and you want maximum protection. CSL and Exo do have a slight edge in slickness though, mainly due to EXO though.

You would then maintain either coating with a pH neutral soap with no gloss enhancers to clog the coating. Look at Gyeon Bathe, Koch Chemie GSF, Carpro Reset or Adam's Car Shampoo (the blue one). I did not like Gtechniq's offering, G-Wash.

As for toppers, you can do this two ways -

- Apply a ceramic topper every six months or so. Gtechniq C2V3 would be fine, as would Carpro Reload or Adam's Slick & Slide.

- Use a drying aid containing a ceramic element. Think Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, P&S Bead Maker or Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. Doing this as part of your washing process will negate the need for the above step and allow you to achieve the durability claims. (Happy to explain this step further if required).

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
You don't need to use maintenance products, but then you may not reach the manufacturers durability claims.

Gtechniq make great coatings, I would lean towards CS Ultra if the car is a daily driver and you want maximum protection. CSL and Exo do have a slight edge in slickness though, mainly due to EXO though.

You would then maintain either coating with a pH neutral soap with no gloss enhancers to clog the coating. Look at Gyeon Bathe, Koch Chemie GSF, Carpro Reset or Adam's Car Shampoo (the blue one). I did not like Gtechniq's offering, G-Wash.

As for toppers, you can do this two ways -

- Apply a ceramic topper every six months or so. Gtechniq C2V3 would be fine, as would Carpro Reload or Adam's Slick & Slide.

- Use a drying aid containing a ceramic element. Think Obsessed Garage Drying Aid, P&S Bead Maker or Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Detailer. Doing this as part of your washing process will negate the need for the above step and allow you to achieve the durability claims. (Happy to explain this step further if required).
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I shall have a look into all the brands and products you have mentioned and may come back for some follow up questions if I am stuck.

I do have one other question and that is around products that physically touch the car. eg. Wash mit/sponge and something to dry the car with. Do you have any suggestions for what to use?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I shall have a look into all the brands and products you have mentioned and may come back for some follow up questions if I am stuck.

I do have one other question and that is around products that physically touch the car. eg. Wash mit/sponge and something to dry the car with. Do you have any suggestions for what to use?
Check out this thread, you won't go wrong with anything I have in that list -
DFB'S LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF DETAILING 2022 | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

For drying towels, look at TRC Gauntlet -
The Rag Company -- The Gauntlet Microfiber Drying Towel (detailingshed.com.au)

For wash mitt or pads, look at TRC Cylcone -
13G The Rag Company – The Cyclone Premium Korean Microfiber Mini Wash (detailingshed.com.au)
The Rag Company – The Cyclone Premium Korean Microfiber Wash Mitt (detailingshed.com.au)

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
I've been very happy with Ceramic Pro applied professionally https://globalautowerx.com.au/
Just a standard carwash brings it back to new (or a fast drive in the rain), just wish I'd antied up the costs earlier.

Sponsored

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for your advise on all this. I’ve purchased some products so I’m keen to test them out. Last thing I need is just a couple of buckets. I have a pressure washer which I may use eventually but I’ll start small. As I mentioned, I’m lazy and not looking to spend hours cleaning. However I may form a new obsession which I kinda have a habit of doing every so often.

BruceTheQuail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
One thing I have found is if you can get the buffing down to a minimum, it reduces static, you get less dust on the car which means less mud if it rains. I have become very anti silicone based products for that and other reasons even though I used to love them. I used to madly buff away and the car would be all glassy, then the next day it would still be glassy but have a layer of dust on it. The penny dropped that the dust was being attracted by static.

Now I am using natural wax based products, maintaining with a spray on wipe off wax maybe every 3 months or so (takes 5 minutes to do the whole car). I am getting at least a month between washes on all cars.

Works for me! But just fact checking my post, apparently after waxing another method is to give your car a good wash in plain water and then dry it, which will temporarily take the static away. Apparently the water content in the wax product I use is possibly helping there, and not buffing too much.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thank you for your advise on all this. I’ve purchased some products so I’m keen to test them out. Last thing I need is just a couple of buckets. I have a pressure washer which I may use eventually but I’ll start small. As I mentioned, I’m lazy and not looking to spend hours cleaning. However I may form a new obsession which I kinda have a habit of doing every so often.
Well, the deal is you have to share what you bought and some pics of the finished results!

As for buckets, I have just the thread for you!
Gamma Seal Bucket Lids | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

Of course, I go way over the top in that thread, so pick and choose what will suit your methods.

At the very least, if you follow the two-bucket-wash method, I will say you actually need three buckets: one for wheels (black), one for wash (red) and one for rinse (blue). The colors help you identify which is which to avoid cross-contamination/confusion.

You will also want grit guards in the buckets, again color coded for identification........................and because it looks good! I also like the very basic ones, these seem to work better than the overcomplicated ones.

Car Care Co have the best range of detailing orientated buckets for the Australian market. At the moment, I have 15-liter buckets, but if you can, 20 liters is the way to go. CCC also sell the gamma seal lids, which I find helps keep the buckets clean................................and because they look good!

Shop Buckets Suitable For Gamma Seal Lids Online - CarCareCo
Shop Gamma Seal Lids Online - CarCareCo
Shop Grit Guard Insert - Various Colours - 26cm Online - CarCareCo
Shop Professional Bucket Dolly Online - CarCareCo

My life's work.............................. :giggle:

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

TTT12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
Well here is a list of what I bought.

The wash kit seemed like good value and a place to start.
A smaller drying towel for smaller areas.
Microfiber towels for the quick detailer which was part of the wash kit.
The wetcoat for when I get a bit more adventurous and get my pressure cleaner going.

I may try some products on my wife's car first.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/wash-kit/products/gyeon-complete-wash-kit
https://www.detailstore.com.au/coll...-company-the-gauntlet-microfiber-drying-towel (The 30x30 one)
https://www.detailstore.com.au/coll...pany-edgeless-365-miner-metal-polishing-towel (3 pack)
https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/gyeon-ceramics/products/gyeon-q2m-wetcoat-500ml
https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/gyeon-cleaners/products/gyeon-q2m-towel-wash-500ml

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well here is a list of what I bought.

The wash kit seemed like good value and a place to start.
A smaller drying towel for smaller areas.
Microfiber towels for the quick detailer which was part of the wash kit.
The wetcoat for when I get a bit more adventurous and get my pressure cleaner going.

I may try some products on my wife's car first.

https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/wash-kit/products/gyeon-complete-wash-kit
https://www.detailstore.com.au/coll...-company-the-gauntlet-microfiber-drying-towel (The 30x30 one)
https://www.detailstore.com.au/coll...pany-edgeless-365-miner-metal-polishing-towel (3 pack)
https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/gyeon-ceramics/products/gyeon-q2m-wetcoat-500ml
https://www.detailstore.com.au/collections/gyeon-cleaners/products/gyeon-q2m-towel-wash-500ml

Hi Trent. Thought that I would let know that all Gyeon products are available from Car Care Products down at Murrarie near the Gateway. Some are even available from Repco.
Sponsored