Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Has anyone used Liquid Glass recently?
E317301A-15D7-45DF-8564-33B6EF37E37A.jpeg
Liquid Glass is the best I’ve ever used. I’ve used so many different types and nothing comes close. Unfortunately they stopped making it a few years back. I have 3/4 of a can left to last me a lifetime.
Sponsored

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Liquid Glass is the best I’ve ever used. I’ve used so many different types and nothing comes close. Unfortunately they stopped making it a few years back. I have 3/4 of a can left to last me a lifetime.
well yes and no…it’s available but has a “new formula”. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. It’s also available at Advance Auto Parts.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...O8woEzzNjj1EW_DZ4AIaAphMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish, Endorsed and Sold by Professionals The World Over - 16 Fluid Ounces. https://a.co/d/gYqcNEs

Chris1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
well yes and no…it’s available but has a “new formula”. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad. It’s also available at Advance Auto Parts.
https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...O8woEzzNjj1EW_DZ4AIaAphMEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Liquid Glass Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish, Endorsed and Sold by Professionals The World Over - 16 Fluid Ounces. https://a.co/d/gYqcNEs
Oh cool, I thought it was gone for good. Says “New packaging, same formula” Now I just have to find it in Canada.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Oh cool, I thought it was gone for good. Says “New packaging, same formula” Now I just have to find it in Canada.
Oops my bad, reading comprehension fail on my part. Wonder if Advance Auto will ship it? I don’t see it on Amazons Canadian site.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I wanna try the Wolfgang stuff but i could only find a paste wax from them? Has anyone used the Wizards nano wax?

I still don't fully understand the difference between a "wax" and a "sealant".
Autogeek stock Wolfgang -
Search Results (autogeek.net)

The only product I have used of theirs is Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, a fabulously glossy finish is the result.

dec299.jpg

dec2916.jpg

mmm.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Yeah flooding isn’t an issue. Interesting. I’ll have to research those products. I bought a great polisher. I’ll send details later.
What polisher did you buy?

As for Koch Chemie products, they are some of the very best detailing products on the market. They were originally for professional use but have since expanded out into the hobby/enthusiast space as well. I like how the products are very efficient and effective to use.

A few Koch Chemie products to seriously consider -

GSF (Gentle Snow Foam) - I would challenge anybody who didn't fall in love with this soap. It really does tick all the boxes, pH neutral, cleaning ability, foaming ability, slickness and lubrication, scent. It's that last aspect that really impresses, the cherry fragrance is addictively excellent. Can be used in a bucket or foam cannon. I even use it to clean my wheels. Yes, its up there in cost, but its worth every scent in my opinion.

Koch-Chemie - Gentle Snow Foam | The Rag Company

IMG-2810.jpg

IMG-3083.jpg

IMG-3088.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Eulex - this is strong adhesive and tar remover. You won't use this often, but it's certainly good to have on hand for those occasions when nothing else will get the job done. Use with caution and rinse or neutralize thoroughly after use.

Koch-Chemie - Eulex | The Rag Company

IMG-7657.jpg

Plast Star PSS - a tire and exterior plastic dressing that seems to have decent longevity. It applies quite wet but finishes down to a dry, semi-matte finish.

Koch-Chemie - Plast Star Silicone-Free | The Rag Company

IMG-4469.jpg

Motorplast - a product used to enhance and protect engine bay plastics. It can be applied to a wet or dry surface and is self-leveling, meaning that as it dries, it doesn't necessarily need to be wiped down.

Koch-Chemie - Motorplast | The Rag Company

IMG-3109.jpg

Green Star - I don't use much APC, but it's certainly good to have on hand. This product is dilutable to safely suit the cleaning requirement.

Koch-Chemie - Green Star | The Rag Company

IMG-0199.jpg

Allround Surface Cleaner ASC - an interior quick detailer. This can be used on all interior surfaces to remove dust, fingerprints and light soiling. Leaves a matte OE finish behind.

Koch-Chemie - Allround Surface Cleaner | The Rag Company

IMG-4900.jpg

Gummifix Guf - this is a very specific product used to dress rubber floor mats and cargo liners. In most cases, it's not a good idea to dress these items, but Guf was designed to offer an enhancement without making the surface slippery.

Koch-Chemie - Gummifix | The Rag Company

IMG-3959.jpg

Top Star TS- If you like applying an interior dressing, then this is a very nice product, offering a natural OE looking finish.

Koch-Chemie - Top Star | The Rag Company

IMG-3509.jpg

Pol Star PO - a safe interior cleaner that can be used on plastic, carpet, leather and cloth trim. Like Green Star, it can be diluted to suit, making it super economical as a leather cleaner, and has the ability to remove stains from carpet and cloth. Unlike Green Star, this product is pH neutral, making it safer to use on interior surfaces.

Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company

IMG-2997.jpg

What I also like about the Koch Chemie brand is that despite the large product range, the branding is color coded to make selecting products easier to understand.

kochpo102.jpg

kochpo101.png

If you want to start by trying a few, then I would absolutely recommend trying GSF, Plast Star and Motorplast first. Top Star for Leather is also apparently very good, as is Magic Wheel Cleaner.

I know that is a bit long winded, but I wouldn't have spent an hour typing this post if I wasn't passionate about this selection of products.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
What is the importance of a shampoo being PH neutral?

Is SiO2 stuff a gimmick or are the waxes and other products offered with it actually worth the extra money?

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What is the importance of a shampoo being PH neutral?

Is SiO2 stuff a gimmick or are the waxes and other products offered with it actually worth the extra money?
A complex question that needs some basic understanding of the pH scale.

When a cleaning product leans either side of neutral (7.5), it becomes more aggressive and targets particular types of contamination.

Acidic - in theory this is when a chemical tests below 7.5, but most products termed acidic are below 6.0. An acidic product can be desirable when dealing with mineral deposits, often seen as water spots. The acid helps neutralize the minerals that cause the etched water spot. An acidic product will also strip and remove previously applied waxes and sealants. Most ceramic coatings have an acid tolerance down to about 3.0.

Acidic products are pretty rare to be honest. Most wheel cleaners were once acidic, but that has become exception these days. Think Meguiar's Wheel Brightener. Some iron removers are mildly acidic (6.5), while Carpro make an acid leaning soap for helping decontaminate a ceramic coating. Descale is a brilliant product by the way, something very useful to have on hand. Notice how it sits just above the threshold for acid tolerance, meaning that it can be used safely and effectively.

IMG-4487.jpg

IMG-2029.jpg

Neutral - a pH neutral product is important for when using a chemical frequently, interior cleaners and exterior soaps for example. In this case, that neutrality is less aggressive, meaning it won't degrade waxes and sealants or dry out or damage rubber trims and plastics.

Most iron removers are considered pH neutral. Certain interior cleaners are pH neutral to avoid damage, think P&S Express or Koch Chemie Pol Star. This is particularly important on leather, don't use APC for this role. Maintenance soaps are also generally pH neutral.

IMG-4546.jpg

IMG-2810.jpg

Alkaline - in theory this is a chemical that tests beyond 7.5, but most alkaline products sit at 8.5 and beyond. Alkalinity is desirable in removing greasy and oily stains and will degrade or remove waxes and sealants. Most ceramic coatings have an alkalinity resistance up to about 12.0.

Most "non-acid" wheel cleaners are alkaline in nature, likewise, tire cleaners and All Purpose Cleaners (APC).

And yes, Dawn is an alkaline soap, but PLEASE don't use this as a "strip soap". It doesn't work and has been proven to actually mask the wax that is trying to be removed by leaving a coating over the top of it......................in effect, you are wasting your time.

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG-2018.jpg

Soaps with added waxes, sealants or Si02 ceramics - I don't personally use these, mainly because any added protection I want to add is applied as a drying aid after the wash process...............but they do have a place. I will say though, trying to do two things at once, you have a compromised situation where, as a soap, it won't have the ultimate cleaning ability, and as a sealant, it won't last very long. But if the car is only dusty or moderately dirty, then a soap like this can be a time saver.

I will also say choose a soap like this to suit the LSP that is already on your car. If the car is waxed, choose a "wash & wax" type. If the car is ceramic coated, choose a Si02 type.

Ceramic coated cars will reject soaps with a wax or gloss enhancer added, potentially leaving a streaky or hazy result. This aspect is pretty important, as most over the counter soaps at big automotive stores contain gloss enhancers. In most cases, that can be a good thing. On a coated car, not at all. Typically, you would use the soap from the coating manufacturer, or look for terms such as "pure soap", "additive free" or "without added gloss enhancers". Failing that, P&S Pearl, Koch Chemie GSF, NV Snow, Carpro Reset, Gyeon Bathe, Optimum Car Shampoo and Adam's Car Shampoo (blue)/Mega Foam (red)/Ultra Foam (purple) are all great choices.

I hope that demonstrates how choosing a product with a pH to suit the cleaning task is an important factor in achieving the desired results, without creating issues in the process.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
For someone that doesn't have a buffer/ polisher. What is a good one that last.
I'd rather cord over cordless, as finding batteries becomes a pain when they have moved on to a different volt or size.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
For someone that doesn't have a buffer/ polisher. What is a good one that last.
I'd rather cord over cordless, as finding batteries becomes a pain when they have moved on to a different volt or size.
Check out this thread -
Polishing Machine Progression | 2015+ S550 Mustang Forum (GT, EcoBoost, GT350, GT500, Bullitt, Mach 1) - Mustang6G.com

I wrote that so anyone can start from and build upon if or when desired.

For someone without a machine, I would start with a 5-inch machine, which is fitted with a 5-inch backing plate to take 5.5 and 6.0-inch pads. (Ignore larger 6-inch machines, unless you have a truck, it would be of limited use. The 5 inch is more versatile). This will be the machine you will use most.

RUPES BigFoot LHR15 Mark III Random Orbital Polisher (autogeek.net)
RUPES LHR 15ES Big Foot Random Orbital Polisher, RUPES bigfoot, RUPES car polisher (autogeek.net)

Then, add a 3-inch machine for smaller areas and finally, a micro polisher for tricky spots. Look at the Rupes LHR75E and Adam's SK Pro.

RUPES LHR 75E Mini Random Orbital Polisher, RUPES mini polisher (autogeek.net)
Adam's SK Pro Micro Cordless Swirl Killer Polisher 2.0 - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)
[/QUOTE]

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
@RagmopInKona ..

Absolutely agree with D on a 5-inch polisher to start out. That is the most efficient and practical size for a standard vehicle polish. Should you want to get at the tight areas down the road, you can add a smaller version.

Remember the golden rule though...

ALWAYS pick a test area to start with and ALWAYS begin with the LEAST aggressive pad and compound.

If you want to be even more careful, pick up a "paint depth gauge." You can measure a couple dozen places on the vehicle, write them down with a grease pencil, and you'll then know where the paint is the thinnest or thickest and allow you to polish accordingly.

Remember, it's all about NOT burning through the clear coat.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
@RagmopInKona ..

Absolutely agree with D on a 5-inch polisher to start out. That is the most efficient and practical size for a standard vehicle polish. Should you want to get at the tight areas down the road, you can add a smaller version.

Remember the golden rule though...

ALWAYS pick a test area to start with and ALWAYS begin with the LEAST aggressive pad and compound.

If you want to be even more careful, pick up a "paint depth gauge." You can measure a couple dozen places on the vehicle, write them down with a grease pencil, and you'll then know where the paint is the thinnest or thickest and allow you to polish accordingly.

Remember, it's all about NOT burning through the clear coat.
I have a few other vehicles with paint that if I cause a burn mark isn't the end of the world, I will learn on those before I touch something with paint I don't want to repair or repaint.
2 of said vehicles will be getting repainted so learning on the tired paint will at least make them look better while I learn.

OP
OP
maddseason

maddseason

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang PP2
Vehicle Showcase
What polisher did you buy?

As for Koch Chemie products, they are some of the very best detailing products on the market. They were originally for professional use but have since expanded out into the hobby/enthusiast space as well. I like how the products are very efficient and effective to use.

A few Koch Chemie products to seriously consider -

GSF (Gentle Snow Foam) - I would challenge anybody who didn't fall in love with this soap. It really does tick all the boxes, pH neutral, cleaning ability, foaming ability, slickness and lubrication, scent. It's that last aspect that really impresses, the cherry fragrance is addictively excellent. Can be used in a bucket or foam cannon. I even use it to clean my wheels. Yes, its up there in cost, but its worth every scent in my opinion.

Koch-Chemie - Gentle Snow Foam | The Rag Company

IMG-2810.jpg

IMG-3083.jpg

IMG-3088.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

Eulex - this is strong adhesive and tar remover. You won't use this often, but it's certainly good to have on hand for those occasions when nothing else will get the job done. Use with caution and rinse or neutralize thoroughly after use.

Koch-Chemie - Eulex | The Rag Company

IMG-7657.jpg

Plast Star PSS - a tire and exterior plastic dressing that seems to have decent longevity. It applies quite wet but finishes down to a dry, semi-matte finish.

Koch-Chemie - Plast Star Silicone-Free | The Rag Company

IMG-4469.jpg

Motorplast - a product used to enhance and protect engine bay plastics. It can be applied to a wet or dry surface and is self-leveling, meaning that as it dries, it doesn't necessarily need to be wiped down.

Koch-Chemie - Motorplast | The Rag Company

IMG-3109.jpg

Green Star - I don't use much APC, but it's certainly good to have on hand. This product is dilutable to safely suit the cleaning requirement.

Koch-Chemie - Green Star | The Rag Company

IMG-0199.jpg

Allround Surface Cleaner ASC - an interior quick detailer. This can be used on all interior surfaces to remove dust, fingerprints and light soiling. Leaves a matte OE finish behind.

Koch-Chemie - Allround Surface Cleaner | The Rag Company

IMG-4900.jpg

Gummifix Guf - this is a very specific product used to dress rubber floor mats and cargo liners. In most cases, it's not a good idea to dress these items, but Guf was designed to offer an enhancement without making the surface slippery.

Koch-Chemie - Gummifix | The Rag Company

IMG-3959.jpg

Top Star TS- If you like applying an interior dressing, then this is a very nice product, offering a natural OE looking finish.

Koch-Chemie - Top Star | The Rag Company

IMG-3509.jpg

Pol Star PO - a safe interior cleaner that can be used on plastic, carpet, leather and cloth trim. Like Green Star, it can be diluted to suit, making it super economical as a leather cleaner, and has the ability to remove stains from carpet and cloth. Unlike Green Star, this product is pH neutral, making it safer to use on interior surfaces.

Koch-Chemie - Pol Star | The Rag Company

IMG-2997.jpg

What I also like about the Koch Chemie brand is that despite the large product range, the branding is color coded to make selecting products easier to understand.

kochpo102.jpg

kochpo101.png

If you want to start by trying a few, then I would absolutely recommend trying GSF, Plast Star and Motorplast first. Top Star for Leather is also apparently very good, as is Magic Wheel Cleaner.

I know that is a bit long winded, but I wouldn't have spent an hour typing this post if I wasn't passionate about this selection of products.
The SPTA model GX5966

image.jpg

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Are the final stage pads that you would use for applying wax always black? Is the pad color something shared among the detail industry?
Sponsored