Sponsored

Detail Guardz Dirt Lock Pad Washer

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Polishing cars means cleaning polishing pads at the end. This task can be pretty tedious, some pads and polishes clean either than others.

I have had this Detail Guardz Pad Washer in the cabinet for a while now. After completely forgetting about it after polishing the Mustang, I finally had a chance to try it out after polishing my Ranger this week.

(36) Dirt Lock Pad Washer System Attachment New And Improved - The Detail Guardz Car Care - YouTube

DIRT LOCK - PAD WASHER SYSTEM ATTACHMENT – The Detail Guardz | Premium Car Care Products USA
Detail Guardz Dirt Lock Pad Washer | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Dirt Lock Pad Washer System – Waxit Car Care (Australia)
Detail Guardz Dirt Lock Pad Washer System Attachment – in2Detailing (UK)

dgdl2.jpg

dgdl1.jpg

I have to say, these are pretty expensive for a couple of pieces of plastic, and you do need to buy the Detail Guardz Dirt Lock grit guard separately as well. Although, these are quite a bit cheaper than the more advanced Lake Country pad cleaner. If you were doing this professionally, the Lake Country version would be worth the extra spend, for me doing one or two paint corrections a year, the Detail Guardz one will be enough.

DIRT LOCK - CAR WASH BUCKET INSERT – The Detail Guardz | Premium Car Care Products USA
Get Detail Guardz Dirtlock Wash Bucket Insert | Waxit – Waxit Car Care (Australia)
Detail Guardz - Turbine Dirt Lock Wash Bucket Insert – in2Detailing (UK)

I typically rinse used polishing pads under running water before throwing them into a bucket with APC or microfiber detergent to soak. I will then rinse again and throw them into the washing machine.

IMG-1892.jpg

The pad washer comes with two main parts, the plunger/pad holder and the unit that squirts water from underneath. As mentioned, you will need the Dirt Lock grit guard as well and an appropriate bucket.

IMG-2448.jpg

The black pump action part attaches to three specific grooves in the Dirt Lock grit guard.

IMG-2450.jpg

IMG-2453.jpg

Once attached securely, the unit will then spring up and down when downward pressure is applied.

IMG-2454.jpg

IMG-2455.jpg

Place the assembly into the bucket and fill with water to just above the top of the unit.

IMG-2458.jpg

IMG-2461.jpg

I still did a pre-rinse and soak in Green Star, mainly because I wasn't sure how effective the pad cleaner would be. To use, attach a pad to the plunger, which is fitted with the same hook and loop material as the face of your polisher.

IMG-2462.jpg

Then push the pad up and down against the attachment, rotating as you go.

IMG-2466.jpg

IMG-2465.jpg

Do this as many times as you feel necessary. The up and down action shoots water upwards into the pad, flushing out the Green Star and remaining polishing compound.

IMG-2470.jpg

IMG-2471.jpg

From here, depending on how thorough you were, either throw them into the washing machine and/or allow to air dry.

Having hated cleaning used polishing pads ever since I started machine polishing, this item makes the job easier.
Sponsored