Wash and Detail

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yea, I found out after I purchased this kit. The kit I ordered lacked the Suede Removal Towels. When I called they said they “ran out” and that the included Gray Borderless towels would work just fine.

Well, their site emphasizes what the Suede towels are better for removal etc. When the company was owned by Adam and I had a problem they offered to just send me whatever was overlooked with no questions asked. I was kind of surprised they did not offer to send me the Suede Towels but now it makes sense. The Gray Borderless towels worked ok but I’m sure the Suede had benefits otherwise they would not be suggested or offered in the kit.
but

From the interweb…

Adam's/ B&B Acquired by Recochem
https://www.recochem.com/here-we-grow-again-adams-polishes-joins-the-recochem-family-of-companies/
A little over 3 years after Adams/B&B was acquired by an investment group, they have now been acquired by Recochem. I wonder what this will look like for the companies moving forward
Interesting, and that sucks about the towels. The kit I ordered had them, must have been one of the last ones!
Sponsored

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
I didnt want to open a thread but out of curiosity, ive read that Turtle Hybrid Ceramic Wax lasts 3-6 months depending on factors

if you left your car virtually in your garage the entire time, would it last for years?

I turtle hybrid waxed mine about 3 months ago, its literally spent 2 days outside and the rest in the garage, the other day i left it outside and it rained overnight, and the beading seemed to have mostly gone

i dont mind as it would give me an excuse to wax it again but i was curious whether it matters if if you keep it indoors or not?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I didnt want to open a thread but out of curiosity, ive read that Turtle Hybrid Ceramic Wax lasts 3-6 months depending on factors

if you left your car virtually in your garage the entire time, would it last for years?

I turtle hybrid waxed mine about 3 months ago, its literally spent 2 days outside and the rest in the garage, the other day i left it outside and it rained overnight, and the beading seemed to have mostly gone

i dont mind as it would give me an excuse to wax it again but i was curious whether it matters if if you keep it indoors or not?
What are you washing with again?

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
prefoam with Autogylm foaming car wash ( ididnt know it wasnt a full foam product, so it doesnt foam up much, but its better than nothing)
https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p...PsxV7UisLu4xL187u-EaAjtLEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wash with your recommended Gyeon Q2M Bathe
https://detailingshed.com.au/products/gyeon-q2m-bathe?_pos=2&_sid=be2cbeb9d&_ss=r
All good, I thought maybe you were using a higher pH soap for (somewhat) touchless washing, which would speed up the degradation of a wax or sealant. (And before someone flames me, yes, I know the concept of touchless washing is not fully achievable).

If the car was sparingly used and garaged overnight, and topped off with a drying aid, you could expect beyond 6 months with that product, perhaps even 12 months.

If the car is driven regularly (as in a daily driver), despite being parked indoors overnight, expect closer to the 3 month mark.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

I used to use this one on my 2016 S550. Worked well, I got a good 10-12 months out of it. My car was a daily driver also. They have a spray version as well. Pretty decent stuff if you like TW products

https://www.turtlewax.com/products/...MI0oOHqvCfgAMVDQKtBh22kwrgEAQYBSABEgLXwPD_BwE

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
All good, I thought maybe you were using a higher pH soap for (somewhat) touchless washing, which would speed up the degradation of a wax or sealant. (And before someone flames me, yes, I know the concept of touchless washing is not fully achievable).

If the car was sparingly used and garaged overnight, and topped off with a drying aid, you could expect beyond 6 months with that product, perhaps even 12 months.

If the car is driven regularly (as in a daily driver), despite being parked indoors overnight, expect closer to the 3 month mark.
yeah, car has barely been driven , maybe once a week , garaged at night
I might just wash it to see how the beading is, should be fun,:)
Sponsored