WARNING to others, Leather Rip!

Mach1dna

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zoli
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1
That should be covered by warranty 100%.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
My seat belt at its adjustment doesn't slide up the side like that. Seat back tilted all the way forward.

IMG_20230919_193758800.jpg

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Poor fit and finish. Ford lol

ing3nious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mom mobile
Passengers in the back seat ?!?!?! Just how big are they ? 1 yr olds ??? Even with the seats all the way forward and seat backs moved forward I can't even get into the back seat ! LOL
My 5yr old daily’s with me

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last year, for the first time, I attempted to use a vinyl/leather repair kit on my couch.

This thread inspired me to re-accomplish, to see if I could improve on that.

Attached are photos, after using the kit Permatex offers, to give an idea of possible results.

For this project and what I'm hoping to achieve, it's fine. Biggest takeaway is the underlying adhesive continues to keep the problem from getting worse, extending the life of the couch.

For a seat in your ride, yes, I'd seek out a professional first; they use pro-grade materials consistently.

couch 1.jpg

couch 2.jpg

couch 3.jpg

Sponsored

Ratical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
03 F-250 21 Mach 1
I would think this would be an issue across the S550 Line. Makes me think there is an issue with the seatbelt mount causing it to dig into the seat. Hopefully the dealer will take care of this and identify the cause.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
That's the seatback all the way forward. No problems.

20230920_182058.jpg

OP
OP

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
My seat belt at its adjustment doesn't slide up the side like that. Seat back tilted all the way forward.

IMG_20230919_193758800.jpg
Interesting, your buckle is quite low. Mine is much higher. I looked at an S550 for sale to look at the belt and it was similar to mine, the high variety. I have also been looking at a ton of sale adds to for pictures, seems like most are tall, some are short.

Anyways here is mine being measured, if I hold the buckle straight up, the nose of the measuring tape is resting on the bolt which the buckle attaches too. Also interesting is there is a piece of velcro on the side of the buckle that faces the center console, obviously to prevent rattling against the console.

If others can give me input on their belt heights it will help me make a claim for the warranty.

On a side note, VERY few S550s were at local dealer lots now, the S650s are here. Mach 1s are rare I'd have to take a 25 minute drive each way to see one for direct comparison.

seat4.jpg

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Last year, for the first time, I attempted to use a vinyl/leather repair kit on my couch.

This thread inspired me to re-accomplish, to see if I could improve on that.

Attached are photos, after using the kit Permatex offers, to give an idea of possible results.

For this project and what I'm hoping to achieve, it's fine. Biggest takeaway is the underlying adhesive continues to keep the problem from getting worse, extending the life of the couch.

For a seat in your ride, yes, I'd seek out a professional first; they use pro-grade materials consistently.

couch 1.jpg

couch 2.jpg

couch 3.jpg
RedGreen cries in lack of duct tape.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Interesting, your buckle is quite low. Mine is much higher. I looked at an S550 for sale to look at the belt and it was similar to mine, the high variety. I have also been looking at a ton of sale adds to for pictures, seems like most are tall, some are short.

Anyways here is mine being measured, if I hold the buckle straight up, the nose of the measuring tape is resting on the bolt which the buckle attaches too. Also interesting is there is a piece of velcro on the side of the buckle that faces the center console, obviously to prevent rattling against the console.

If others can give me input on their belt heights it will help me make a claim for the warranty.

On a side note, VERY few S550s were at local dealer lots now, the S650s are here. Mach 1s are rare I'd have to take a 25 minute drive each way to see one for direct comparison.

seat4.jpg
My wife was sitting in the seat she may have raised it

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Is the lock attached to the tunnel or to the seat? If the former (cannot check right now), I would have guessed everyone will have it at different place relative to the back seat.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is the lock attached to the tunnel or to the seat? If the former (cannot check right now), I would have guessed everyone will have it at different place relative to the back seat.
Here you go :

1695332443192.jpeg

For reference, that’s my euro Recaro :like:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine look quite high / long too :

1695333073864.jpeg

WD :like:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Until this morning, I never noticed the following...The Recaro seats have a different leather, different type of material, right where the seatbelt latch sits. It's only on the inside portion of the seat, near the latch. The factory Ford seats do not have the distinction, no?

20230924_101124.jpg
Sponsored