Not open for further replies.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
For sake of argument. If they had and did, would you purchase one.
Yes, I would and have. I’ve owned several Shelby’s all bought at MSRP. But I cannot find the cars I want without huge ADM’s nowadays and I refuse to pay them.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There you go. That’s every bit your right. I wouldn’t pay huge adm’s either. For me huge is anything over 10k, less for a base car.

Yes, I would and have. I’ve owned several Shelby’s all bought at MSRP. But I cannot find the cars I want without huge ADM’s nowadays and I refuse to pay them.

BryanCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2007 GT3
Do you know what an LOC is? Can you provide it to bid like that. I don’t ever feel the need to disparage how someone spends the money they earned. It always cracks me up with the comments like this about these cars from those that don’t have them. Atleast that part is consistent.
A line of credit, yeah, thanks, I am aware.
Actually, that’s not correct. An LOC, is a Letter of credit, not a Line of Credit.
Ouch

And can’t help but to note the irony of the posts and the meaning of prodigal…

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
$30K ADM, was exactly what a local dealer had the confidence to tell me was the ask when I was Shelby shopping back in 2016. $10K wax the average at the time and that was too much. I told the sales guy we would not be doing business at that price. It was a good amount of legwork but I finally found examples at msrp but had to travel out of state to buy. Well worth it. At least travel costs are a one time hit. ADM is the gouge that never stops as long as you own that car, you’ll always have paid and continue to pay more than one should. F*@k the greedy dealers!!!

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Another ADM thread? The haves -vs- the have nots part 689.....

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I keep reading “greedy dealers”. So let me pose this question. Pre-Covid (and even at the start of Covid when nobody knew what was going on) when dealers were swimming in inventory and offering good discounts to move cars, did y’all say nah, I’ll pay MSRP because I’m not a greedy customer wanting big discounts? No? That’s what I thought. It’s simple supply and demand folks. These cars are in high demand and there’s only so many to go around, so dealers test what the market will bear in price. You don’t want to pay over MSRP, that’s totally your right. As others have noted, some dealerships were willing to deal at MSRP you just have to do some homework to find them. Plenty of others are willing to pay what the market dictates, which is also a choice they make. It’s more than I can swing right now but if I could I wouldn’t hesitate to pay it to get what I want.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I keep reading “greedy dealers”. So let me pose this question. Pre-Covid (and even at the start of Covid when nobody knew what was going on) when dealers were swimming in inventory and offering good discounts to move cars, did y’all say nah, I’ll pay MSRP because I’m not a greedy customer wanting big discounts? No? That’s what I thought. It’s simple supply and demand folks. These cars are in high demand and there’s only so many to go around, so dealers test what the market will bear in price. You don’t want to pay over MSRP, that’s totally your right. As others have noted, some dealerships were willing to deal at MSRP you just have to do some homework to find them. Plenty of others are willing to pay what the market dictates, which is also a choice they make. It’s more than I can swing right now but if I could I wouldn’t hesitate to pay it to get what I want.
Exactly what my thoughts are going through this… This attitude of “how dare they” for asking for more money during a high demand period… if you’re not willing to pay that much then don't. I can’t for the life of me figure out why so many people talk about it. Many of whom (myself included) can’t afford MSRP of an HE GT500 anyways. $30k ADM, $100k ADM, makes no difference to my broke ass cause I’m not buying the car either way.

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Exactly what my thoughts are going through this… This attitude of “how dare they” for asking for more money during a high demand period… if you’re not willing to pay that much then don't. I can’t for the life of me figure out why so many people talk about it. Many of whom (myself included) can’t afford MSRP of an HE GT500 anyways. $30k ADM, $100k ADM, makes no difference to my broke ass cause I’m not buying the car either way.
It looks like supply and demand are going to turn against dealers in short order. Flat Rock is pumping out Mustangs right now and they are just sitting on lots in Michigan. If that’s happening around the rest of the country and the pending recession from the non stop interest rate hikes comes to fruition then there will be a whole lot less ADM nonsense to deal with in the future. What’s everyone else seeing at their dealers in terms of inventory?

Also, I’m a little more than skeptical about dealers being pro market capitalists. I see a lot of political donations and lobbying in their future as direct to consumer sales models and higher production take a bite out of their record profits.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It looks like supply and demand are going to turn against dealers in short order. Flat Rock is pumping out Mustangs right now and they are just sitting on lots in Michigan. If that’s happening around the rest of the country and the pending recession from the non stop interest rate hikes comes to fruition then there will be a whole lot less ADM nonsense to deal with in the future. What’s everyone else seeing in at their dealers in terms of inventory?

Also, I’m a little more than skeptical about dealers being pro market capitalists. I see a lot of political donations and lobbying in their future as direct to consumer sales models and higher production take a bite out of their record profits.
My local dealer has 8 new Mustangs inbound that he’s already got discounted, presumably to make room for 2023. They’re a fairly high volume dealer out here in the western burbs and that’s the most inventory he’s had in quite some time. Still not near pre-Covid levels for them but for most of 2021 and 2022 I don’t think they had more than 3 or 4 on the lot at any one time. They do have a used 2021 GT500 that they’ve had for a while now, I saw it in their showroom back in October. Ford Performance Blue, beautiful car. They haven’t moved their price at all either, $10k over original sticker.

https://www.geraldfordnorthaurora.com/VehicleSearchResults?make=Ford&model=Mustang

Sponsored

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My local dealer has 8 new Mustangs inbound that he’s already got discounted, presumably to make room for 2023. They’re a fairly high volume dealer out here in the western burbs and that’s the most inventory he’s had in quite some time. Still not near pre-Covid levels for them but for most of 2021 and 2022 I don’t think they had more than 3 or 4 on the lot at any one time. They do have a used 2021 GT500 that they’ve had for a while now, I saw it in their showroom back in October. Ford Performance Blue, beautiful car. They haven’t moved their price at all either, $10k over original sticker.

https://www.geraldfordnorthaurora.com/VehicleSearchResults?make=Ford&model=Mustang
Wow, a discounted Mach 1! Dealers in Detroit look at me like I have horns on my head when I ask about less than MSRP on a Mach 1.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Wow, a discounted Mach 1! Dealers in Detroit look at me like I have horns on my head when I ask about less than MSRP on a Mach 1.
They were the only ones that were willing to price match Granger around me too. They want the volume.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
It looks like supply and demand are going to turn against dealers in short order. Flat Rock is pumping out Mustangs right now and they are just sitting on lots in Michigan. If that’s happening around the rest of the country and the pending recession from the non stop interest rate hikes comes to fruition then there will be a whole lot less ADM nonsense to deal with in the future. What’s everyone else seeing at their dealers in terms of inventory?

Pending recession, global warming, greedy dealers, ADM’s run amok better go eat worms

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Alltheponies.... Well, not really.....

You have to love the input from the GT crowd. Makes me laugh.

5.0.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.