Sponsored

Wait until Ford gets the 'bugs' worked out before buying?

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Great question - but I'm not one for waiting any longer and if you want the 6th Gen Mustang, get it without worrying about the bugs. Why? You'll have a factory warranty. If there's a defect, you'll be covered. Even if something on the car forces a recall, what's it likely mean? A day in a service bay with Ford picking up the bill.

Being an early adopter is FUN. You'll have lots of conversations about the car. You're going to answer lots of questions. You're going to feel like you're dating a celebrity because you are - you're behind the wheel of a brand new redesigned Mustang. The car turns heads for those first few years like no other time, and I think even Ray Charles could appreciate how fun that can be.

As for performance gains in the form of HP boosts in the 2016 and etc, I think cruising along in a 300-435HP beauty for all of 2015 is sweeter than waiting another year for who knows what. I could care less with what the Chevy and Dodge guys are doing and if one day that 2016 Mustang gets another 10HP and 5MPG, I'll be too busy listening to my 2015 Mustang's delicious exhaust note and keeping track of how many ladies let slip a smile as I roll past to really mind all that much...and neither should you my friend. Being a celebrity for six months is not going to be worth an extra $25-75 bucks a month for 60 months.

-SeventhWard

If the Mustang had of been released in the summer then I could see soaking up some of the risk for the crowd that wants to be a "celebrity". Its coming out in the fall so you are basically adding risks and dollars so people that are running in and out of stores/gas stations, while bundled in their winter coats, can give you a quick nod. Totally not worth it in my opinion. You can sit on it for six months, see whats coming out in 2016, see what bugs people are complaining about and get incentives on 2015s....Again that's my opinion.

Im a car fanatic but in the winter the best Im going to manage is rolling down my window and yelling out "do you like it" with my heater blasting...and I live in the south.
Sponsored

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
With it coming out so late this year and living in where you need snow tires after Halloween there isn't any point in getting one earlier than late spring 2015 which is when I have my test drive.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I have no problem buy Ford first year model, like '05 Mustang GT the only problem was dealer charged extra $$$ cause '05 was a hot seller. The only problem with my '05 was its only fill 3/4 tank of gas.
Sponsored