VMP twinjet 69 throttle body issues

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
anyone else having/had issues with this throttlebody? It currently is also the throttlebody that comes with the VMP odin kit. I recieved this kit, and only a couple days after installing it i got a throttlebody stuck open code. Then the next day It was throwing codes P0556, P061A, and P2119 and goes into limp mode, i initially tried swapping the bank 2 upstream o2 sensor, but that didnt help at all. Notifed lund who is tuning my car, and they said it seems like there may have been a bad batch of these throttlebodies as many people have been returning them. I contacted VMP, and they quickly gave me an RMA and i am awaiting the new throttlebody now. It sucks because this is another couple weeks of downtime.

Anyways, my main concern is ive seen where some people are now on their 3rd throttlebody and having the same issue. If this new one has an issue..im considering going to the 163monoblade, however it is more expensive and i would almost be forced to get it or something else to even be able to drive the car.

Anyways, i wanted this to be put out there as i have multiple people on here asking me about the Odin since its a new kit. So that tells me many people have it or are considering it, so this issue needs to be fixed. Anyone else having these issues? It alarmed me at first, so i dont want someone else to pop up with this and not know whats going on.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well..they sent me another throttle body. Clearly used so probably "refurbished". Plugged it in to start it up, before even cranking the car i had code u2110 and when i cranked it..p0124. Car also immediately idled like crap. Looked up the codes and both seem to be related to throttle position sensor connection. Checked all my connections, and they look fine.

Test 1: i cleared the codes and unplugged throttle body. With key off engine on..u2110 code is still there. Plugged it back in, same issue. No differences plugged in or not. Brings me to the next test

Test 2: took off the throttle body, unplugged the extension plug and plugged throttle body into the factory connection, code still there, plugged in or not. I do not have my stock throttle body anymore so next test is..

Test 3: my buddy has a 2020 mustang gt. Going to try to plug in his throttle body connection into my throttlebody and see if his car throws that code with key on engine off. If it does..ill know something in the throttle body is messed up. Faulty TPS or something. Perhaps this is what the person originally sent thos throttle body in for? Who knows. All i know is its not the throttle body i sent in so who knows what this throttle body was sent in for originally.

Any other thoughts of what i can test? Lund seemed certain it's connection related. Lund and vmp are both closed till monday sooo..yeah.

Last edited:

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sounds like a nightmare, hope its not your daily driver. I notice you were in CA, i couldn't get a tune from Lund because I was in CA so i went with VMP. I heard there was a form you could submit and they would do it but I wasn't able to find what i was supposed to fill out.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Sounds like a nightmare, hope its not your daily driver. I notice you were in CA, i couldn't get a tune from Lund because I was in CA so i went with VMP. I heard there was a form you could submit and they would do it but I wasn't able to find what i was supposed to fill out.
It is my daily.

And there are perks to being military i suppose. Im in california but im an alabama resident and car is registered through alabama. Probably how i got it. VMP couldnt tune me because i have a Lund Ngauge..which i didnt realize until after the kit was already here. So $500 to Lund immediately after buying the Odin kit. Oh well..wouldnt be so upset if my car actually worked

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So i went through the ford service manual dv test for this using a digital multimeter. All of my voltages and ohms check out. I checked both the factory connector and the extension vmp provides. Both seem fine. I then checked the throttle position PIDs listed in the manual. The car sees the accelerator pedal being actuated, but my throttle body and relative theottle position does not change. Voltages and angle doesn't change. The manual states if this is the case, to change the electronic throttlebody position sensor which comes attached to this throttle body. So that seems to point directly at vmp sending another faulty twinjet 69 to me.

Since this isnt the one i sent in (which is fine if it worked), and it was clearly used before, i wonder if it was sent in for the issue and not actually tested to made sure it was fixed.

Regardless..im very disappointed. This is the second faulty throttlebody from them. Its been around 3-4 weeks without my daily now. Being active duty, i cant easily just miss work, so ive had to either get rides or wake up a couple hours earlier to run to work. Going to call them tomorrow to hopefullg have something done about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I do not have the adaptor plate to "run it", but with the stock one connected, the codes went away.

OP
OP
Adamone92

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
called vmp, filled out another RMA with them and they are sending me a brand new throttle body this time. Hoping this one works.

Tdavisss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
called vmp, filled out another RMA with them and they are sending me a brand new throttle body this time. Hoping this one works.
Did you have any other issues with the new one they sent?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My T/J 69 has been flawless for 3 years.

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I actually ran into an issue with a twin 67... heres my tiktok video on how i fixed the throttlebody myself

Sponsored