VMP TUNES

Revtastic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Not sure if I am in the right place but has anyone ever had problems with there 350$,stage 2 tune because the tune from vmp they made for me won't even break the tires free from a launch so I kept emailing Michelle i wasn't happy after a few back and forth she tells me to unplug the traction control along with the stability track do now I have a light on witch I knew it would pop on needless to say it still wouldn't launch for shit. The only thing I was impressed with is the way the transmission shifts . Anyone else have good or bad luck with VMP?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Revtastic

Revtastic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Not sure if I am in the right place but has anyone ever had problems with there 350$,stage 2 tune because the tune from vmp they made for me won't even break the tires free from a launch so I kept emailing Michelle i wasn't happy after a few back and forth she tells me to unplug the traction control along with the stability track do now I have a light on witch I knew it would pop on needless to say it still wouldn't launch for shit. The only thing I was impressed with is the way the transmission shifts . Anyone else have good or bad luck with VMP?
Really no one ???

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
I have a 93 VMP tune on a 16 GT. I have done MANY data logs from 3000 to 6800 and then pulled the data into excel to graph. It is always a little slower then stock. I then got Pbd. No gains over stock. I actually put back to stock with a pedalmax. Like it the best this way.

OP
OP
Revtastic

Revtastic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I have a 93 VMP tune on a 16 GT. I have done MANY data logs from 3000 to 6800 and then pulled the data into excel to graph. It is always a little slower then stock. I then got Pbd. No gains over stock. I actually put back to stock with a pedalmax. Like it the best this way.
Really I seems like they took my money and only giving me a better shifting transmission!! I did a data log of course I don't know how to read it and sent to vmp that's when she told me unplug the traction control harness ! I wish there was a dyno and someone that knew how to do a real tune in my area but unfortunately there isn't thanks for the info

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
No whp gains?

Sponsored

cheeser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1, 4Runners and RAV4's
I used VMP for my 2013 GT when installing their blower a few years ago. Made good power, but kept popping codes VMP blamed on a bd upstream O2 sensor…odd as I didn’t have any issue prior to blower and their tune.

After a few data logs, VMP sent me one tune update with no luck…they were of no help to me.

I had to go with a local tuner which finally resolved the code issue…no O2 sensor issue.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
No whp gains?
I did not go to a dyno. I did data logs on the same road with all my tunes. Then took the Data time to go from 3000 to 6800 and charted it. Virtually no difference and vmp always a little slower. Vmp and Pbd also used and was tuned for an 18 airbox.

My original suspicions held true. A stock engine really has no room for gains. Maybe maybe a very small amount. For street driving I so wish I spent the money on suspension instead.

chart.PNG

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, VMP tunes are garbage. Ask me how I know. Got a tune straight from DiabloSport. That tune is a game changer. I'd put it right up there with LUND w/better drivability. Also.. Absolutely hilarious that VMP told you to unplug the connection 🤔🙄

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
It does look better. But still only about a 2% increase. If I translate that to acceleration that means I get from 3000 to 6800 rpm about .1 secend quicker. Nothing I'll ever feel on the street. Might a see a little at the track though.

Also the preloaded 93 tune from sct always was a very little better then Pbd too.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
A stock engine really has no room for gains.
If keeping the same fuel its pretty close with only marginal gains on 18+. But if swapping to e85 tune and no other mods it's quite a significant gain in performance.

tw557

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT automatic
If keeping the same fuel its pretty close with only marginal gains on 18+. But if swapping to e85 tune and no other mods it's quite a significant gain in performance.
I sure wish E85 was even moderately close for me to try. I think I would really like the torque increase.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Tunes really need to be paired with mods to get the big benefits out of them. A tune on an otherwise stock car isn't going to yield much outside of like you said, shift points and such. If you're trying to make it a bit faster, I would highly recommend a ported manifold to pair with the tune. You'll notice some decent gains there. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM anytime. Lethalperformance.com

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I had a VMP tune and it ran well, no drivability issues. The problem was they could not manage to send me a tune that would pass inspection. Went thru 2 revisions. Didn't feel like taking it off every year to get inspected, plus them not being able to clean that up did not inspire confidence in their methods.
Sponsored