Vmp for tuning

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm at 707 whp and 553 wtq, with an incredibly flat and consistent torque curve throughout the power range. The horsepower basically builds with revs, all the way to redline, just like it would with a centri. Both styles of blower (roots or PD) can get you to these power and torque levels, the difference is that the roots blower will have a more flat torque curve with more torque down low. You can't beat the sound and drama of a centri though! I seriously considered one myself.
I'm at 700/552 on 93 with the same torque curve as described above. I really like the setup, just didn't care for the "after sale" service from VMP.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
I'm at 700/552 on 93 with the same torque curve as described above. I really like the setup, just didn't care for the "after sale" service from VMP.
I've definitely heard that from other people, but I really haven't had any of those type of issues. They've been super responsive with me, and were able to correct throttle/driveability issues I had been having at first with 1 tune revision.

Dom1232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dominic
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You can go with Vmp and you might or more probably will have no complaints. Or you can go with Lund and definitely have the best possible tune you can get
But then there are threads of people complaining about idle issues, surging issues, and Daily drivability with Lund too. Complaints that the throttle response, shift points, or tune is too aggressive for daily or street driving. Sometimes it’s right on the mark, sometimes it’s an issue that’s harder to solve, sometimes it’s the actual install or hardware of the car. I genuinely thought about Lund vs VMP but I had such a positive experience the first time around I stuck with them. Both are great, I think it just depends on what you use the car for and your prior experiences.

cchvyd28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
You should get a tune included from VMP with the blower purchase. May as well give them a chance and work with them before dishing out more money unnecessarily.

Sponsored

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
But then there are threads of people complaining about idle issues, surging issues, and Daily drivability with Lund too. Complaints that the throttle response, shift points, or tune is too aggressive for daily or street driving. Sometimes it’s right on the mark, sometimes it’s an issue that’s harder to solve, sometimes it’s the actual install or hardware of the car. I genuinely thought about Lund vs VMP but I had such a positive experience the first time around I stuck with them. Both are great, I think it just depends on what you use the car for and your prior experiences.

Agreed on many having issues. My problem with them is they never even sent me a tune revision to try and rectify the issues I was having. All they did was tell me the logs looked fine and the issues were with me. Clearly, that was not the case, because the driveability issues went away with Daryl's tune. It would have been one thing if they actually gave an effort to help with the tune issues.......they never even tried. I don't care what the logs said.......the car was literally undriveable with their tune and they could care less. They did, however refund my HP Tuner credits I purchased from them......basically telling me to find somebody else that actually gave a damn to tune it, which I did.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
Agreed on many having issues. My problem with them is they never even sent me a tune revision to try and rectify the issues I was having. All they did was tell me the logs looked fine and the issues were with me. Clearly, that was not the case, because the driveability issues went away with Daryl's tune. It would have been one thing if they actually gave an effort to help with the tune issues.......they never even tried. I don't care what the logs said.......the car was literally undriveable with their tune and they could care less. They did, however refund my HP Tuner credits I purchased from them......basically telling me to find somebody else that actually gave a damn to tune it, which I did.
The thing is, if you're doing remote tuning, the logs are all they have to go by. They're not sitting there with you/the car. I had throttle issues on the first tune they sent me. The idle would run away, go way above commanded, it would hang up during driving, the ECM after a certain point would throw the car into limp mode and hard close the throttle. I sent them logs, they saw the issue and sent me a revision, and I haven't had those issues since (knock on wood). I really think the proverbial mileage drastically varies with remote/e-mail tuning. I have definitely seen the feedback on Wengerd throughout the community, and he definitely seems to have the quickest and most consistent success with getting rid of the driveability issues for those who have them for whatever reason. He seems to have the secret sauce. For whatever reason though, not everyone with an Odin kit seems to have those driveability issues in the first place.

Cobra046

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Yeah can’t wait for my Loki kit to get here already lol.
I just got mine installed and am waiting to hear back from them after loading the tune. Just be patient when you get the kit because the YouTube resources don’t explain everything I felt would be helpful. The supercharger is a great fit and very well designed but the water system with the stock airbox comes up a little short. We ended up moving reservoir to the front with a modified bracket to reduce clutter.
98EF56F3-0382-4224-BFB6-DF83C0A4E8F6.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
I just got mine installed and am waiting to hear back from them after loading the tune. Just be patient when you get the kit because the YouTube resources don’t explain everything I felt would be helpful. The supercharger is a great fit and very well designed but the water system with the stock airbox comes up a little short. We ended up moving reservoir to the front with a modified bracket to reduce clutter.
98EF56F3-0382-4224-BFB6-DF83C0A4E8F6.jpeg
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll have to let the shop know. Any other hiccups?
Sponsored