Joe5oh

Joe5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP 2018
It's a tune issue. I once had this P0316 about 3 years ago, switching tune fixed it, mine happened on cold starts. Hope your car isn't going into limp mode. Don't hurt your engine, bite the bullet and switch tuners and I hope you haven't hurt your engine.

If it's not a mechanical problem on your end, then maybe your tune has bad injector data. Does your issue happen on cold starts as car starts to warm up also? If so, bad injector info in the tune, I'm pretty confident, it's a tune issue related probably to injectors. If it's not the tuner, then what type of injector brand do you have in the car? Good brand? or generic unknown copy cat name injector?
It would only happen immediately upon cold starts. I’m on Stock injectors currently. it was definitely the tune though. I did a crank relearn yesterday and just did a cold start I’m over in NY it hit about 40 degrees last night so I was a little nervous on the cold start on E85. Luckily the crank relearn seems to of cleared the codes and no more problems after letting it idle for about 5 mins or so. Im hoping this problem is solved now. I plan on driving a bit today and I’ll double check to make sure nothing pops up again I’ll keep you guys updated!
Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Interesting, unfortunately I can’t do that as the car has e85 in the tank and letting it idle with the stock tune wouldn’t be a great idea. I was not throwing any codes until the day after I uploaded the custom tune. Unfortunately doesn’t look like they’re in a rush to help lol
Ah, I have three E85 Tunes and one pump gas tune from Palm Beach Dyno. My car was tuned on their dyno (Procharger, Fore Fuel System, etc.). You have one pump and one E85, understood.

Don't let the internet dictate that one tuner is miles better than other based on what tuner they have on their car. The Tuners talk crap about each other daily. Add in their minions and it's bash city.

Remote tuning is extremely tricky since they can only gather so many questions about the combo without actually driving it.

Just get with VMP, they will revise the tune based on your issue. Don't let the internet scare you. You relationship with your tuner is very important.