2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Imagine if you were just a regular customer and not a VIP. What would you have to pay then?
Ford really needs to put an end to this thievery. I bought mine 20 miles from this dealer for MSRP.

https://www.levittownford.com/new/F...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 4.44.41 PM.png
The key to getting rid of ADMs is to not pay them, and find another dealer. Problem is, that at some point someone will pay their ransom and encourage their piracy. If you live in a large metro area, like we do, you might have to take a drive or flight to find a dealer that will actually deal with you.

Last edited:

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
OP
OP
stageron

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
The key to getting rid of ADMs is to not pay them, and find another dealer. Problem is, that at some point someone will pay their ransom and encourage their piracy. If you life in a large metro area, like we do, you might have to take a drive or flight to find a dealer that will actually deal with you.
I shopped around for 2 weeks and finally found a dealer 20 minutes from me who ordered me one for MSRP. I would never pay over sticker. It actually killed me to pay sticker but I get it. It’s a hot car and I don’t deny that the dealer wants to make money too. As long as they’re fair.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Imagine if you were just a regular customer and not a VIP. What would you have to pay then?
Ford really needs to put an end to this thievery. I bought mine 20 miles from this dealer for MSRP.

https://www.levittownford.com/new/F...ium=referral&utm_campaign=autotrader_listings

There are dealers in the area that don't do that. It's a shame that they take advantage of folks this way. I know some will say they can price it as they wish and call that free enterprise, but I think it's low.

Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Just have to work them. Just like they work customers.
Sometimes it pays off. Not always, but it doesn't hurt to try.

My 2020 GT350 was originally marked up $5,000. They said 2 other dealers were willing to pay $2,500 over to do a dealer swap.
I kept harassing them for a week. Then they said if I offered $1,500 over they would sell it to me.
A few days later they said since I was a local, they would take msrp.
in the end, I negotiated it to $500 below msrp.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
I wonder how many people just don't know that MSRP is well above the price most informed people pay. That it is just a starting point for car prices, or that unless you shop at a no haggle dealer, ADMs and the price of almost anything a car dealer is offering, is 100% negotiable.

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
Personally I think it's OK for a car dealer to ask anything he wants for a vehicle. There are plenty of people who $10k to them is like a dollar to me. However I would never pay ADM or even MSRP. It is true that before covid there was no way to make any money in new car sales and the holdback and backend was the profit if any. As time has progressed in my life the difference between MSRP and invoice as a percentage has shrunk continuously.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I stopped by my local dealer today just to get a look at the Mach 1 and I must say it looks a lot different in person especially the FJG w/ orange stripes and calipers. Coming from the 19 Bullitt I was worried it was going to look the same but it doesn't.

I asked about an ADM and the young man said 5k and here's the kicker....Ford set that price according to him. No further questions.

It was interesting that they had a 5k discount on a black auto which took it down 1k below MSRP....really...... That has now been fixed and says 4k discount off MSRP.

I did like the feel of the tremec and clutch as it was not offered when I had the Bullitt which is a long throw trans.

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
a sucker born every minute. dealers earn their rep with this. if the customer is dumb enough to fall for it whatever. sadly stupid people drive prices up for the rest of us or just make it require more patience to get the right deal.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
I asked about an ADM and the young man said 5k and here's the kicker....Ford set that price according to him. No further questions.
No. Ford did not set that price. Ford has been complaining about ADMs, all of which are set entirely by the dealers. Even the MSRP is the SUGGESTED retail price and Ford doesn't "set" a sale price. Negotiation is always an option.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Not my thing, nothing dark about it now as well as all the black graphic area makes it look weird.

Who cares what anyone on the internet thinks though lol.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper

This is interesting because I am pretty sure this dealer is active on mustang6g. Anyone that is on this forum knows that the price is ridiculous although it is a fantastic car. Maybe wait for that $75k to sit and collect dust before it turns into $55k.

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
There will always be someone who is willing to pay more driving up cost but once the mkts cool or another model comes out everything changes. That is why I always say patience is key to buying!
Sponsored