Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 HEP GT350R
One of THE best and THE most depressing films I've ever seen. Perhaps Billy Bob's best acting job, ever too.

"7000lb dog whistle," perfect. :-)
Guess it was 6000 pound dog whistle actually. Knew it was something like that. Same idea.

My callsign was a toss up between Slingblade and Boomhauer from king of the hill. That one probably would have been more fitting.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They called me Fast Eddie in tweets. I think it had something to do with me paying my classmates to do my RSU duty for $20 a shift.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Duty of any type or flavor always sucked and always will. Getting out of it for a mere twenty bones means there had to be either some very dedicated AF fellas in your unit Tom, or they weren't the brightest bulbs in the basket. I know an Andrew Jackson was worth quite a bit more back then but Hell, not enough to get ME to duit. :-) Reminds me of the humorous (but pretty much entirely fake, "Officer and a Gentleman." :-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Duty of any type or flavor always sucked and always will. Getting out of it for a mere twenty bones means there had to be either some very dedicated AF fellas in your unit Tom, or they weren't the brightest bulbs in the basket. I know an Andrew Jackson was worth quite a bit more back then but Hell, not enough to get ME to duit. :-) Reminds me of the humorous (but pretty much entirely fake, "Officer and a Gentleman." :-)
When the IPs found out what was going on, it wasn't good. I recall being called into the flight commanders office.

Them: "You cant do that"!
Me: "Why not? They need the money more than I do"

I guess nobody had ever come up with anything like that before.

Hence the callsign Fast Eddie
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Vrdolyak

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
They should have auditioned you for the part of "Scrounger" in "The Great Escape," Tom. <chuckling>

Or, better yet...the non-com supply trooper who was a distribution genius in "Kelly's Heroes," (for the life of me, I can't recall his character name,) but I imagine most know to whom I refer. :-)

Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
They should have auditioned you for the part of "Scrounger" in "The Great Escape," Tom. <chuckling>

Or, better yet...the non-com supply trooper who was a distribution genius in "Kelly's Heroes," (for the life of me, I can't recall his character name,) but I imagine most know to whom I refer. :-)
Do you mean “Crapgame” played by Don Rickles?
That’s a great movie Sutherland as Oddball was the best.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
What exact does it mean when your car is in the body shop phase of the build? Is my car currently just a frame sitting bare on the assembly line? I am curious to know especially with the current factory closing in mind.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
What exact does it mean when your car is in the body shop phase of the build? Is my car currently just a frame sitting bare on the assembly line? I am curious to know especially with the current factory closing in mind.
The body shop at the plant starts with the assembly of all the body panels and ends at the paint shop. The body shop that you see in the status updates combines a lot of shops and work stations and ends at the trim line.

Your car could be any where in the process.

Beginning of the Body Shop

Beginning of Body Shop.jpg

End of the Body Shop

End of Body Shop.jpg

Last edited:

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Thanks for the information. It helped me understand the situation much better.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I was under the impression Ford stopped production at the end of May or beginning of June no matter what. If Ford did not want to take anymore orders for 2020 Mustangs , I would think the dealers would be told to not place anymore orders for the 2020 Mustangs.

dsz blade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT PP1
Why do you think Ford stops production in May or June? The end of model year production shutdown changes to whatever Ford wants it to be. 2020 production started end of August but non-GT500 Mustang order acceptance started in May and 2019 orders had to be in by the end of April. They haven’t announced dates on 2021s yet.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
I believe that Ford is only going to produce assigned VINs and close out the model year. I think they will be pretty hard pressed to even complete the ones with assigned VINs. I have waited for so long but feel fortunate that my car made it to the body shop before production ceased.